Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Dungeons & Dragons Online Updated

A new update 17 is now live in Dungeons & Dragons Online, bringing new content and other enhancements to Turbine's D&D MMORPG. The update is titled "Return to Gianthold," and ties in with the release of a new Ruins of Gianthold Adventure Pack, which is free to VIPs. The Release Notes have all the details on the new version, as well as a birthday giftbox for players: "DDO is turning 7 years old this year, and we're celebrating by giving a gift to all our players! A birthday giftbox will be placed in the inventory of all characters created prior to Update 17. Simply activate the box to open a list of lovely gifts and pick the one you like best!"

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Updated Feb 21, 2013, 01:13 Blegvad

Still have another key Cutter?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Updated Feb 21, 2013, 00:00 Cutter

Jivaro wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 22:22:
I really hope my future online time with the game gets me excited as you appear to be Cutter. Last night, I chose to start in Neverwinter and played for the duration. (thank you again btw) It wasn't bad, it just didn't get me all that excited either. I was really hoping Cryptic wouldn't let me down again, particularly with a DND franchise, but it just really came off as "just another fantasy MMO". Because of the NDA I don't believe we are suppose to get all that specific, so I will leave it at "underwhelming". Not really fair to judge any MMO by the first 10 levels however...so I am looking forward to some more time with it.

A lot of the later level/higher level zones are miles better by comparison.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

10. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Updated Feb 20, 2013, 22:48 wtf_man

Cutter wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 22:15:
I've been in the NWO alpha for a while now and it's good for what it is - as mentioned - an ARPG. Classic D&D/NWN it is not - neither is DDO for that matter.

Which is probably why neither is my cup o tea... but I still find it difficult to believe that Cryptic isn't going to shit out some generic piece of crap, and then rely on everyone else to make their content for them, much like STO.

9. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Updated Feb 20, 2013, 22:22 Jivaro

I really hope my future online time with the game gets me excited as you appear to be Cutter. Last night, I chose to start in Neverwinter and played for the duration. (thank you again btw) It wasn't bad, it just didn't get me all that excited either. I was really hoping Cryptic wouldn't let me down again, particularly with a DND franchise, but it just really came off as "just another fantasy MMO". Because of the NDA I don't believe we are suppose to get all that specific, so I will leave it at "underwhelming". Not really fair to judge any MMO by the first 10 levels however...so I am looking forward to some more time with it.  

8. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Updated Feb 20, 2013, 22:15 Cutter

I've been in the NWO alpha for a while now and it's good for what it is - as mentioned - an ARPG. Classic D&D/NWN it is not - neither is DDO for that matter. NWO is fun however, and the visuals are killer! The sheer variety of objects and textures Cryptic has put out is stunning. People are going to create some amazing adventures with the Foundry given all the assets available. If those adventures can focus on story/RP/puzzles, etc. and less on combat it should make for a good time - depending on how badly PW nickels and dimes everything with monetization.

Last night we were in a drow city and it was exactly what I pictured out of Salvatore's novels. The themes they have are really visually stunning in this game. Had it been more NWN/classic D&D I'd be hooked like a junkie. As it stands, it'll be enjoyed in spurts. And I'll definitely take a stab at creating an adventure or two.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

7. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Updated Feb 20, 2013, 22:03 Jivaro

I was hoping NWO would grab me by the balls. It instead offered to hold my hand.  

6. Re: More Big Picture Details Feb 20, 2013, 21:14 HorrorScope

Darks wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 21:10:
wtf_man wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 20:44:
Darks wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 20:06:
This game is about dead. NWO is going to kill this game. I was on the recent beta and had a great time. I dont see this game lasting much longer once NWO is released.

Are you serious?
Cryptic puts out nothing but garbage.
Then again... DDO ain't all that great either, IMO.

I won’t disagree that in the past a lot of their stuff was bad, but you have to play the beta and see just what they have done. The game is getting nothing but rave reviews from reviewers and everyone who played the beta. I had a link to one of the sites when I find it ill post it. But this is defiantly a game that they are doing it right. And that is because they are being given the time and a good budget for this game.

Right now I see a fun game that could play out to be short and shallow.

5. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Updated Feb 20, 2013, 21:10 Darks

wtf_man wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 20:44:
This game is about dead. NWO is going to kill this game. I was on the recent beta and had a great time. I dont see this game lasting much longer once NWO is released.

Are you serious?

I won’t disagree that in the past a lot of their stuff was bad, but you have to play the beta and see just what they have done. The game is getting nothing but rave reviews from reviewers and everyone who played the beta. I had a link to one of the sites when I find it ill post it. But this is defiantly a game that they are doing it right. And that is because they are being given the time and a good budget for this game.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

4. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Updated Feb 20, 2013, 20:44 wtf_man

Are you serious?

3. Re: More Big Picture Details Feb 20, 2013, 20:11 HorrorScope

DDO is so much deeper and true to a DnD style experience than NWO. I look to enjoy NWO, but DDO will still have it's place and it's players. DDO is a unique mmo and turned out to be a great game.

NWO is going for ARPG with 3rd person.

2. Not Without Aaron Feb 20, 2013, 20:09 moneygrip

RIP Aaron David Johnson
great friend
and savior of many
(but not himself)
we'll run Epics when I get there
my good friend.

1. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Updated Feb 20, 2013, 20:06 Darks

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo