Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 4 Shown

A tweet by GameStop indicates the CEO of the games retailer got the chance to see Battlefield 4 behind closed doors, saying "Got to see Battlefield 4 today and all I can say is WOW! Thanks @EA for the sneak peek. Canít wait for you all to see it." This seems like a leak, since a next installment in the shooter series, however inevitable, is not yet announced, but VG247 notes that Electronic Arts is one of the many accounts that have retweeted this, suggesting they are comfortable with this revelation.

View
51 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

31. Re: Battlefield 4 Shown Feb 20, 2013, 15:48 Cutter

Quboid wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 14:03:
Well, I'm glad that someone who makes a living selling games thinks an upcoming game is going to be good. This takes all the tension out of things like previews where you wonder if the author is getting paid - now we know he is! How convenient!

Slick wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 11:22:
hate on blues posters, hate on, i'd expect nothing less.

Your bad grammar is quite ironic. Assuming you meant "hate on, Blues posters", you actually summed up all you seem to do here - hate on Bluesnews posters. I've been critical of people here in the past but that's all you seem to do.

It's really not even worth addressing when the person criticizing you can't even master rudimentary grammar.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

30. Re: Battlefield 4 Shown Feb 20, 2013, 15:45 <Electric-Spock>

BF2 is def still the gold standard. It's sad to see the game dumbed down and the shitties netcode ever implemented. Unless they specifically state they have revamped the netcode, they can keep BF4 and any other versions they want to pump out.

Eye candy only goes so far....

29. Re: Battlefield 4 Shown Feb 20, 2013, 15:28 Kegaro

I for one have had just about enough "Modern Warfare", I'm ready for them to go back to WWII.  

28. Re: Battlefield 4 Shown Feb 20, 2013, 14:03 Quboid

Well, I'm glad that someone who makes a living selling games thinks an upcoming game is going to be good. This takes all the tension out of things like previews where you wonder if the author is getting paid - now we know he is! How convenient!

Slick wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 11:22:

Your bad grammar is quite ironic. Assuming you meant "hate on, Blues posters", you actually summed up all you seem to do here - hate on Bluesnews posters. I've been critical of people here in the past but that's all you seem to do.

- Quboid

27. Re: Battlefield 4 Shown Feb 20, 2013, 14:02 Verno

NegaDeath wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 13:53:
I still miss having frigates/cruisers/subs from 1942.

Yeah, I'd like to see a return to quasi-full theater war ops. I don't want to manage a supply train or something but at least let's have combat on the water, land and air like BF1942. No reason they can't do this with next gen consoles and the PC either.

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

26. Re: Battlefield 4 Shown Feb 20, 2013, 13:56 SimplyMonk

NegaDeath wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 13:53:

I miss just driving around in my jeep in Battlefield: Vietnam running over people and listening to the radio/soundtrack.

War! huh-yeah
What is it good for?
*THUMP* AIEEEE!
Absolutely nothing
Say it again y'all

25. Re: Battlefield 4 Shown Feb 20, 2013, 13:53 NegaDeath

24. Re: Battlefield 4 Shown Feb 20, 2013, 13:40 Optional Nickname!

Thanks are in order to both DICE and EA for Battlefield 2, for no matter how hard they try to destroy that singular tactical, squad-based modern combat shooter experience by introducing more and more anti-player features and mechanics, BF2 will always remain the gold standard of the genre as long as EA and DICE exist.  

23. Re: Battlefield 4 Shown Feb 20, 2013, 12:30 ASeven

Wonder how much lies DICE will throw into the hype train this time.

"Oh PC is the main development platform for BF3!" "Oh wait, no it isn't anymore."

"We'll deal with cheaters!"

"We'll have esport features for BF3!"

22. Re: Battlefield 4 Shown Feb 20, 2013, 12:13 Cutter

All I can say is WOW! It looks exactly like every other fucking iteration of the IP!  

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

21. Re: Battlefield 4 Shown Feb 20, 2013, 12:02 Creston

"GAMESTOP MURDERS THE GAME INDUSTRY WITH THEIR USED GAME SALES!!! WAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!"

"Hey, Gamestop CEO, would you please come watch Battlefield 4 and partake of some of the EA hookers? Please???"

Idiots.

Creston

20. Re: Battlefield 4 Shown Feb 20, 2013, 11:54 Tumbler

I picked up BF3 on sale for $34.99 just after launch. I did not find it to be the game for me. Don't expect I'll be seeing anything in BF4 that will impress me.

I'm expecting Crysis 2 -> Crysis 3 to be similar to BF3 to BF4. Just a new set of maps and a ...bow of some sort.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

19. Re: Battlefield 4 Shown Feb 20, 2013, 11:22 Slick

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 09:53:
MajorD wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 09:33:

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 08:47:
At least they sort of announced the game first before the DLC for it.

OHHHHH! Nice one! Very true, but it won't be long.......
I know. I am sure we will hear all the details about BFPremium 2.0 shortly after or during the official game announcement.

Battlefield Premium was launched June 4th 2012, a full 8 months after the game launched in October 2011.

use your reading glasses next time instead of your hater glasses clueless blues posters... think you're mistaking this product with CoD Elite.

sorry, in Cod terms 8 months after launch, you would only be hearing about the next installment of the series, let alone legnthy post-launch support though 5 over-produced expansion packs. anyone who has played any of the xpacks can testify to this, makes valve's free maps look like puke and makes CoD paid maps just make you want to cry.

I mean is anyone still talking about BLOPS2? that was 2012, BF3 was 2011, and it's STILL coming out with new content? Origin is so terrible, yeah, cause you can buy the full game for $9.99 right now. SO TERRIBLE!

This comment was edited on Feb 20, 2013, 11:27.

18. Re: Battlefield 4 Shown Feb 20, 2013, 11:07 Verno

Origin isn't malware but yes the cheating is pretty rampant and Dice has done essentially nothing about it. It bugs some people and others don't care. You just try to find a well maintained server with a few admins who aren't internet dictators and you're fine.  

17. Re: Battlefield 4 Shown Feb 20, 2013, 10:49 InBlack

SpectralMeat got it right. I would have been all over BF3 if it could be purchased without that Origin malware for example, and Ive heard that cheating is just as rampant as in CoD which is a big turn off for me in FPS shooters.  

I have a nifty blue line!

16. Re: Battlefield 4 Shown Feb 20, 2013, 10:18 SpectralMeat

Rattlehead wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 10:15:
InBlack wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 09:27:
I stopped following BF after BF2. Battlefield is becoming more and more like the Call of Duty series. Would that be considered a true statement?
Nope.
I think he was refering to the release schedule, DLC subscription etc.
It does look like they want to follow CoD footsteps there. As far as gameplay goes it is of course a totally different game, and can be a lot more frustrating then CoD sometimes, due to the requirement of team play.

Steam: SpectralMeat

15. Re: Battlefield 4 Shown Feb 20, 2013, 10:16 Rattlehead

deqer wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 09:59:
We already told them it was too soon when we first heard about BF4 last year. But you think anything we say is going to stop them? Nope. They basically just responded to us with a fluffy statement, and we ate it.

But, here it is anyways, BF4 almost done, because EA is only interested in re-publishing the same thing yearly now to make money off you peons.

"Got to see Battlefield 4 today and all I can say is WOW!" Yah, yah, your typical 'wow' buzz phrase, you'll be saying that every time BF comes out I guess, eh?

"Got to see Battlefield 4 today and all I can say is WOW!" or did you mean "WOW! No one will ever be able to afford a PC to play this!"

you duck fuck.
You are one angry little girl.

14. Re: Battlefield 4 Shown Feb 20, 2013, 10:15 Rattlehead

I stopped following BF after BF2. Battlefield is becoming more and more like the Call of Duty series. Would that be considered a true statement?
Nope.

13. Re: Battlefield 4 Shown Feb 20, 2013, 10:11 Verno

I think my problem with BF3 is more related to map design than anything else and it's something the community could resolve if (EA) they would ever stop fucking around and release an SDK or map editor. There is a focus on making maps where there is a large area space to work with but the actual points of contention are too close together. It's really a lame way of introducing tension and creating choke points for specific kinds of gamer IMHO. It's frustrating because its easily fixed but they refuse to give the tools to do it. It wouldn't threaten their revenue stream either so I don't really understand the continued denial of customization in modern BF games. Valve and other companies have shown time and time again how community involvement and game modification is very good for business and the users.  

12. Re: Battlefield 4 Shown Feb 20, 2013, 09:59 Morgan19

How can you know its turning into CoD if you haven't kept up with the past 7 years of BF games?

I'd disagree that BF is becoming more like CoD. CoD is pretty twitch-based, which is fine if you're in the mood for "modernized" Quake-like gameplay. BF (yes, even 3) is still very much about tactics, large distances, vehicles, and working together, vs. CoD's small maps and run-and-gun mentality.

The Close Quarters DLC is the closest it's come to CoD, and that's just one expansion pack so you don't even need to play it if you don't want to.

51 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo