Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

etc.

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. Re: System Shock 2 Modification Guide Feb 21, 2013, 01:12 Acleacius

Rattlehead wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 10:14:
Study: Gamers have more control over their dreams…

It's kind of weird because I used to have lucid dreams all the time and I would also have super powers (mostly telekinesis), but now when I have lucid dreams I try to use those super powers and they don't work.
Happens. It's not you. Back in the day, we had issues super powers could solve. Now super powers can't fix, the issues.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: etc. Feb 20, 2013, 16:07 Quboid

mag wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 16:00:
wtf_man wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 15:31:
mag wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 12:59:
Haha. Where have you guys been? Borders closed all of its stores two years ago. It's already gone. Completely.

Well it must have went out with a whimper, because I never saw any headlines about that.

It figures, though.

It was pretty big, actually, I thought. Huge liquidation sales, with prices dropping to Amazon's normal prices.

I remember hearing a lot about it, despite them not having any stores on this side of the Atlantic as far as I know.

- Quboid

21. Re: etc. Feb 20, 2013, 16:00 mag

wtf_man wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 15:31:
Haha. Where have you guys been? Borders closed all of its stores two years ago. It's already gone. Completely.

Well it must have went out with a whimper, because I never saw any headlines about that.

It figures, though.

It was pretty big, actually, I thought. Huge liquidation sales, with prices dropping to Amazon's normal prices.

20. Re: etc. Feb 20, 2013, 15:31 wtf_man

It figures, though.

19. Re: System Shock 2 Modification Guide Feb 20, 2013, 15:20 ^Drag0n^

Quboid wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 14:09:
J wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 10:15:

It's kind of weird because I used to have lucid dreams all the time and I would also have super powers (mostly telekinesis), but now when I have lucid dreams I try to use those super powers and they don't work.

Download the latest patch

Have you had surgery recently? Maybe that's caused the DRM (Dream Rights Management) to mistake the change in your hardware configuration with the dreams being run on a whole other body. Contact your dream supplier and ask them to deactivate the previous configuration and you should then be able to reactivate your dreams next time you sleep.

You're both off. It not a patch or DRM, he just didn't buy the latest DLC, so his system is now incompatible with other gamers.

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."

18. Re: etc. Feb 20, 2013, 15:17 ^Drag0n^

North Korea once again proves they are at least a decade behind the times...  

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."

17. Re: etc. Feb 20, 2013, 14:57 Quboid

PHJF wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 14:22:
I can't believe somebody just said "at least we still have B&N".
What, like you couldn't live without a bookstore that charges MSRP on everything???

It can be nice to have somewhere to browse books before buying them somewhere cheaper. I used to do that with computer games, browse the shelves at my local Game or HMV and then look up interesting ones on Metacritic and Steam when I got home.

- Quboid

16. Re: etc. Feb 20, 2013, 14:22 PHJF

I can't believe somebody just said "at least we still have B&N".
What, like you couldn't live without a bookstore that charges MSRP on everything???

Steam + PSN: PHJF

15. Re: etc. Feb 20, 2013, 14:11 Jivaro

Verno wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 12:12:
Since the Kindle got that cover view update I find myself rarely going to the book store anymore, its mainly when my GF wants to go browse the magazines and etc.

The only thing I use Barnes and Noble for anymore is books for the toddlers in my family. Since age ratings vary so much from publisher to publisher and reading ability can vary from kid to kid, it makes it a lot easier to go into B&N to look through the books before I buy them.

I use a small local place, mom&pop small business that has the now pre-requisite espresso machine and reading room filled with vintage furniture. It is filled with hipsters and broke college kids most of the time but the inventory is awesome. If I can't find the older original copies of something I want they will go find it for me. I imagine the extra services and atmosphere is the only thing keeping them in business.

All of that said, my wife and I have like 500+ books on our Kindle account. I see a place for the small business book store in the future, I don't really see one for big places like B&N.

14. Re: System Shock 2 Modification Guide Feb 20, 2013, 14:09 Quboid

J wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 10:15:

Have you had surgery recently? Maybe that's caused the DRM (Dream Rights Management) to mistake the change in your hardware configuration with the dreams being run on a whole other body. Contact your dream supplier and ask them to deactivate the previous configuration and you should then be able to reactivate your dreams next time you sleep.

- Quboid

13. Re: etc. Feb 20, 2013, 12:59 mag

nin wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 10:36:
wtf_man wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 10:33:
nin wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 10:07:
I remember my trips to London (a decade or more ago), and hitting every HMV I could find, as well as the Tower (Piccadilly Circus, I think?). I swear to god, it seemed like there was a HMV about every block.

There was a Tower and Virgin stores in Vegas I'd always hit, too, but they're both gone...

Well... Barnes and Noble still sells CDs and Blu-Rays... but ridiculously expensive... can get the same Blu-Ray in a Walmart for $10 cheaper... and the CDs are still the same cost as 15 years ago??? Hah! (The only reason I'd get a CD is for ripping to MP3)

Also, with e-readers and tablets starting to sell e-books... I'm not sure how long Barnes and Noble, and Borders will be around. The Borders book store in my town, shut down 2 years ago. I have to drive 30 miles to get to Barnes and Noble, if I want a book right away. But otherwise I just order those online too.

Borders is gone here, too. We have two Barnes, but I'd be surprised if both are open in 5 years. But I don't really think of music when I go there (same as walmart), as its (at least here) just a small section of popular stuff (IE anything I'd be after they'd either have to order or never heard of).

So all my money goes to amazon.

Locally, we still have a few B&Ns spread around the city, but my favorite now (since Borders is gone) is Joseph-Beth. Similar in concept (large bookstore), but there're only a few of them out there, and just in Ohio and Kentucky.

12. Re: etc. Feb 20, 2013, 12:25 Cpmartins

"North Korea Propaganda Now Using The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion"
At least they have good taste in music. Jeremy Soule at it's best.

11. Re: etc. Feb 20, 2013, 12:23 SimplyMonk

It also has the Nook although not exactly profitability it at least gives the cheaper versions of the Kindle some competition. I doubt it makes a difference for the sales of the Kindle Fire or iPad though.

But yeah. I doubt that will save them as it sounds like it is being mismanaged.

10. Re: System Shock 2 Modification Guide Feb 20, 2013, 12:21 eRe4s3r

These super powers are probably dream-region blocked.  

9. Re: etc. Feb 20, 2013, 12:12 Verno

Since the Kindle got that cover view update I find myself rarely going to the book store anymore, its mainly when my GF wants to go browse the magazines and etc.  

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

8. Re: etc. Feb 20, 2013, 11:29 RollinThundr

I remember my trips to London (a decade or more ago), and hitting every HMV I could find, as well as the Tower (Piccadilly Circus, I think?). I swear to god, it seemed like there was a HMV about every block.

There was a Tower and Virgin stores in Vegas I'd always hit, too, but they're both gone...

Well... Barnes and Noble still sells CDs and Blu-Rays... but ridiculously expensive... can get the same Blu-Ray in a Walmart for $10 cheaper... and the CDs are still the same cost as 15 years ago??? Hah! (The only reason I'd get a CD is for ripping to MP3)

Also, with e-readers and tablets starting to sell e-books... I'm not sure how long Barnes and Noble, and Borders will be around. The Borders book store in my town, shut down 2 years ago. I have to drive 30 miles to get to Barnes and Noble, if I want a book right away. But otherwise I just order those online too.

B&N at least has gamestop to fall back on, but you're right, most of the bookstores here on the north shore in Mass are all gone too.

7. Re: etc. Feb 20, 2013, 10:36 nin

Borders is gone here, too. We have two Barnes, but I'd be surprised if both are open in 5 years. But I don't really think of music when I go there (same as walmart), as its (at least here) just a small section of popular stuff (IE anything I'd be after they'd either have to order or never heard of).

So all my money goes to amazon.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

6. Re: etc. Feb 20, 2013, 10:33 wtf_man

5. Re: System Shock 2 Modification Guide Feb 20, 2013, 10:15 J

4. Re: System Shock 2 Modification Guide Feb 20, 2013, 10:14 Rattlehead

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo