Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Gone Gold - BioShock Infinite

Irrational Games announces that BioShock Infinite is gold, as Ken Levine says the console overlords have evaluated Irrational's shooter sequel, and deemed it fit for its planned release on March 26th. Irrational also offers a new "Lamb of Columbia" Trailer, described like so: "To clear his debt, Booker DeWitt must rescue a mysterious girl from the sky-city of Columbia. But who is this girl? What makes her so powerful, and why are so many willing to do anything to keep her from escaping? More importantly... what price will you pay to set her free?" Here's what Ken has to say about the new game:

Nobody has ever built a game quite like this. Itís a shooter, but a shooter that brings you to very uncomfortable and dangerous places. I canít demand that you play the game; I can promise you, however, that once you have, it will be an experience you wonít soon forget.

Who is Booker, and what is the debt that drives him to Columbia? What are Elizabethís powers and why has she been locked up since she was a child? Why does Booker have the letters ďADĒ branded into his right hand? And what, in Godís name, is the Songbird.

Columbia is a city teeming with mystery. Iím glad to say that one mystery is over: On March 26th, you will be able to play BioShock Infinite.

View
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

26. Re: Gone Gold - BioShock Infinite Mar 6, 2013, 01:54 shul

Found it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eheESgRNJKc
Cool !

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: Gone Gold - BioShock Infinite Mar 6, 2013, 01:45 shul

Cool music! anyone knows who they are/how can I get it?  

24. Re: Gone Gold - BioShock Infinite Feb 20, 2013, 10:56 AngelicPenguin

Esoteric wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 03:17:
I've still yet to play Bioshock 1 and 2. My girlfriend has beat both, really liked them, and is very much looking forward to Infinite. I told her maybe she should wait and check reviews first before buying it. She's like, "Nope, I don't care, I really enjoyed the first two and this one ties up the story, I'm going to play it good or bad."

So, should I play Bioshock 1 and 2? =P

The first half of bioshock is really great. After that it gets a tad samey but it's still a good ride. I never played the second one as the reviews made it sound like an inferior copy (done by a completely different team as well) and I felt like the first one gave me all I needed in that world.

23. Re: Gone Gold - BioShock Infinite Feb 20, 2013, 10:31 entr0py

I've still yet to play Bioshock 1 and 2. My girlfriend has beat both, really liked them, and is very much looking forward to Infinite. I told her maybe she should wait and check reviews first before buying it. She's like, "Nope, I don't care, I really enjoyed the first two and this one ties up the story, I'm going to play it good or bad."

I'd suggest you play Bioshock 1, but not 2. Bioshock 2 as a quickly developed moneygrab that 2K games farmed out to another developer. I guess that's what Irrational Games gets for creating a successful original IP in this day and age and not trying to milk it with an annual sequel.

But, Bioshock 1 was totally worth playing even now. The atmosphere, storyline and characters were all excellent. The gameplay was nothing special, but good enough.

22. Re: Gone Gold - BioShock Infinite Feb 20, 2013, 08:52 nin

Bio 1 was a great game - highly recommended.

Christ that dude gets a lot of voice work..

Yeah, I wasn't familiar with him at all, until Bats comment made me go look...then it was like "holy shit!" I did love his work in SR3, he always had me chuckling.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

21. Re: Gone Gold - BioShock Infinite Feb 20, 2013, 06:35 Beamer

You know, I've never even heard the default SR voice. I've used the british guy for the two speaking games. Just makes it somehow funnier. Then again, my guy tends to be 400lbs and have curlers in his hair...  
-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

20. Re: Gone Gold - BioShock Infinite Feb 20, 2013, 04:46 Mashiki Amiketo

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 00:21:
You do know that Saints Row 4 is coming, right?
Damn if I didn't love SR3, considering how long I was on the fence over it.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

19. Re: Gone Gold - BioShock Infinite Feb 20, 2013, 03:28 xXBatmanXx

If you have nothing else to play (not a problem I have) I would do it. I also haven't finished them, but am not in a hurry. This won't be out for a while, and I will also be waiting for peer reviews.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

18. Re: Gone Gold - BioShock Infinite Feb 20, 2013, 03:17 Esoteric

17. Re: Gone Gold - BioShock Infinite Feb 20, 2013, 00:51 SS

Lamb of Columbia eh? That implies quite a bit, I hope the story and its outcome wont be as obvious as I think. I'm betting there will be a heavy moral choice somewhere in there.

I'll probably buy this day one, loved the first Bioshock.

16. Re: Gone Gold - BioShock Infinite Feb 20, 2013, 00:32 Alamar

zombiefan wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 21:53:
I'll be waiting for the reviews. I've finally made the decision to only play the cream of the crop when it comes to games. Too much other shit to do than waste my time on shit.

This sentiment is what I find 'wrong with the world'...

If something is not 'the cream or that crop', it is 'shit'...

-Alamar

15. Re: Gone Gold - BioShock Infinite Feb 20, 2013, 00:21 eRe4s3r

You do know that Saints Row 4 is coming, right?  

14. Re: Gone Gold - BioShock Infinite Feb 19, 2013, 23:59 entr0py

Is there a PC demo planned? It looks promising, but it also looks like something I could be done with in less than a week.  

13. Re: Gone Gold - BioShock Infinite Feb 19, 2013, 23:48 siapnar

nin wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 22:36:
He should sound very familiar - he was the default voice in SR3. Didn't realize it until you said that, then I played the video above and it clicked.

Christ that dude gets a lot of voice work..

I have projectile dysfunction.

12. Re: Gone Gold - BioShock Infinite Feb 19, 2013, 23:14 Creston

All of you who are going to get it, please post your thoughts on Blues. I'm still on the fence about it.

Creston

11. Re: Gone Gold - BioShock Infinite Feb 19, 2013, 22:36 nin

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 22:16:
Bout the ONLY games that are day 1 are GTA and Saints Row (RIP).

/the voice of the lead character is very familiar.....

He should sound very familiar - he was the default voice in SR3. Didn't realize it until you said that, then I played the video above and it clicked.

10. Re: Gone Gold - BioShock Infinite Feb 19, 2013, 22:16 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 19:12:
Nobody has ever built a game quite like this.

Leeeets not pat ourselves too hard on the back there, fellas.

yea....to much recent talk, to much look at me look at me. The "we cut SOOO MUCH CONTENT to make 10 million games" just screams day 1 DLC.

I will be waiting. Been burned to much that I can't trust anyone anymore.

Bout the ONLY games that are day 1 are GTA and Saints Row (RIP).

/the voice of the lead character is very familiar.....

This comment was edited on Feb 19, 2013, 22:27.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

9. Re: Gone Gold - BioShock Infinite Feb 19, 2013, 21:53 zombiefan

I'll be waiting for the reviews. I've finally made the decision to only play the cream of the crop when it comes to games. Too much other shit to do than waste my time on shit.  

8. Re: Gone Gold - BioShock Infinite Feb 19, 2013, 21:15 nin

Silicon Avatar wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 20:26:
nin wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 20:21:
The story is definitely out of the Bioshock playbook.

Almost too much, but I'll be getting it anyway...

Yeah, I wanted to comment on that too, but I decided it was probably going to be okay.

The motorized George Washington (in one of their other videos) kind of sold it for me.

I very much love the art style, including the characters. And I loved Bioshock. I just hope the delays benefited the the game.

7. Re: Gone Gold - BioShock Infinite Feb 19, 2013, 21:10 WaltC

Ray Marden wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 20:02:
This game cannot possibly get here soon enough! It looks like an improvement over Bioshock and they keep hinting at doing something really special.

Please be good great!
Did I mention I get this and C3 "free" for buying a 7950???
Downloading Crysis 3 on Origin at the moment,
Ray

I was about to offer my condolences on C3--but seeing as how you got it free--you sly dog--Congrats are in order! Now you can tell us how horrifically bad it is likely to be without a qualm of self-justification to spoil the prose...;) Bitter prunes slide down much easier if they're free...!...:D

I'm thinking "Infinite" just might offer enough meat to keep me interested!

It is well known that I do not make mistakes--so if you should happen across a mistake in anything I have written, be assured that I did not write it!

26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo