Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs in Q2

Frictional Games offers a new status report on Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs, including a new release window for the horror sequel that was delayed from its planned release last Halloween. They say they have a final build of the game, but will be doing enough polishing, tweaking, porting, etc., that they do not expect to release the game until "around Q2 2013." They explain: "How come a game meant for Halloween 2012 has been delayed for so long? Originally we thought it would be a short, experimental game set in the universe of Amnesia, but thechineseroom had a vision that was bigger than that. As their work progressed, the potential for a much greater project emerged. What we ended up with is no longer what we had first imagined, but a fully fledged Amnesia game. A different kind of Amnesia, but definitely not a short experiment." Thanks Eurogamer.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: More Big Picture Details Feb 20, 2013, 12:57 Orogogus

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 11:10:
Sepharo wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 22:33:
I really wish other adventure/fps games would make use of their mouse gestures. They turned them down in Amnesia compared to Penumbra but I still think it adds so much to the genre. Opening a drawer or door by click holding and dragging just adds that extra immersion that a single click doesn't. It's rarely used as a game mechanic but to me it's more about the feel.

Also agreed. Slowness and interactiveness build a better atmosphere.

However we then have Bungie who can get a games input down to pressing just one Awesome Button, to do everything.

Bungie? There's a time and place for atmosphere, but a game like Halo or Quake doesn't seem like where you want to shoehorn slowness and interactiveness. And Halo doesn't even seem particularly egregious as far as QTE "mash A to not die" sequences go. What are you thinking of specifically?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: More Big Picture Details Feb 20, 2013, 11:10 HorrorScope

I really wish other adventure/fps games would make use of their mouse gestures. They turned them down in Amnesia compared to Penumbra but I still think it adds so much to the genre. Opening a drawer or door by click holding and dragging just adds that extra immersion that a single click doesn't. It's rarely used as a game mechanic but to me it's more about the feel.

Also agreed. Slowness and interactiveness build a better atmosphere.

However we then have Bungie who can get a games input down to pressing just one Awesome Button, to do everything.

4. Re: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs in Q2 Feb 20, 2013, 09:42 MajorD

I couldn't agree more.....I just hope they bring more of that mouse gesture/mechanic back to AMFP and their unannounced project that has been in the works for a while now.

3. Re: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs in Q2 Feb 19, 2013, 23:04 Cyanotetyphas

still need to finish the first one, but its always light outside when I think to play it.  

Synthetic Error - Entertainment bloggin http://syntheticerror.wordpress.com/

2. Re: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs in Q2 Feb 19, 2013, 22:33 Sepharo

1. Re: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs in Q2 Feb 19, 2013, 22:27 Cutter

Twould be better in October but I look forward to it nonetheless.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo