Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Destiny PC Clue

The source code for the Destiny Pre-order Page has another indication that Bungie's upcoming online first-person shooter may come to PCs, or at one point was planned for PCs. The source includes a platformClasses variable listing several platforms besides the announced Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. These include the PC, as well as PS4, Xbox 720, Wii U, and PS Vita. Thanks VG247 via Nintendo Life.

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: Destiny PC Clue Feb 20, 2013, 10:53 RollinThundr

gravity wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 17:52:
RollinThundr wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 17:39:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 16:28:
gravity wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 16:07:
Wii-U would support it (doubtful - they're talking Next-Gen stuff)
If the X360 and PS3 are supported then there's no reason not to do a Wii U port, especially given how similar the architecture is to the X360. That said, the other entries look suspicious and given that Wii U and PC versions weren't announced it's either a very moronic omission or it speaks to how important they consider those platforms.

I dunno, doesn't make sense to do a hardcore shooter on the Wii U, isn't really the target audience.

Bingo - that was my point, plus the fact that the Wii-U isn't really 'next-gen.' It's more 'current-gen' than 'next-gen.'

For sure, 2 gamecubes slapped together with duct tape essentially. I suppose it's good for Nintendo in that they don't spend a lot on pushing the envelope and aren't losing money like MS and Sony, but it's a catch 22 in that the majority of the hardcore crowd wants nothing to do with your system, while publishers are leery of porting "core" titles over knowing they won't sell on that platform.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Destiny PC Clue Feb 19, 2013, 17:52 gravity

RollinThundr wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 17:39:
If the X360 and PS3 are supported then there's no reason not to do a Wii U port, especially given how similar the architecture is to the X360. That said, the other entries look suspicious and given that Wii U and PC versions weren't announced it's either a very moronic omission or it speaks to how important they consider those platforms.

I dunno, doesn't make sense to do a hardcore shooter on the Wii U, isn't really the target audience.

Bingo - that was my point, plus the fact that the Wii-U isn't really 'next-gen.' It's more 'current-gen' than 'next-gen.'

18. Re: Destiny PC Clue Feb 19, 2013, 17:39 RollinThundr

17. Re: Destiny PC Clue Feb 19, 2013, 16:28 theyarecomingforyou

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

16. Re: Destiny PC Clue Feb 19, 2013, 16:07 gravity

Seriously, does no one else notice how irrelevant this source HTML really is?

platformClasses = mem.platformClasses =
pc: "platform-pc",
ps3: "platform-ps3",
ps4: "platform-ps4",
xbox: "platform-xbox",
xbox720: "platform-xbox720",
wiiu: "platform-wiiu",
psvista: "platform-psvita"

If we are to believe that this means *anything* and isn't just simply a copy/paste from every other distributor's entertainment software template, then we are to also assume:

PSVita (wut?)
XBox 720 (or, so it's definitely the 720... because Bungie says so)
PS4 (oh, now we're cooking with gas)

Really?

15. Re: Destiny PC Clue Feb 19, 2013, 14:50 zombiefan

Seriously, you guys, I think we can give them the benefit of the doubt here. They DID after all innovate the FPS, and I'm sure that innovation will continue. I'm looking forward to running around with one gun, no health damage, laggy controls, and cool vehicles with names like "The Hedgehog". You guys are all haters...yeah, that's it! Haters. >:P  

14. Re: Destiny PC Clue Feb 19, 2013, 14:04 SimplyMonk

What? Shooters don't work with keyboard and mouse? Man. That XIM Edge I bought to use a keyboard and mouse with Halo and COD: Zombies for my 360 must not be working out completely fantastic for me then. I could of sworn it was and I was pretty sure I loved it.

Thanks for setting me straight, Bungie.

13. Re: Destiny PC Clue Feb 19, 2013, 13:55 Darks

Ozmodan wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 11:37:
If they don't release a PC version, the game will not recieve the accolades they want out of it. I certainly would not buy it for a console no matter how good they say it is.

This will never see the pc, Bungie sold their souls long ago to Microsoft when they sold out to the console with Halo.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

12. Re: Destiny PC Clue Feb 19, 2013, 13:31 Elessar

Creston wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 11:02:
Make sure to have a controller, though, as obviously nobody plays first person shooters with a mouse/keyboard anymore. The guys that made Halo said so.

Creston
Dude, the mouse and keyboard scheme simply does not work with regenerating health. Get with it.

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."

11. Re: Destiny PC Clue Feb 19, 2013, 12:31 Quboid

It's probably the same code they use for other releases. Not much of an indication as to whether or not it will come out on the PC. Given how quickly they've endeared themselves, they might be better off not bothering anyway.  

- Quboid

10. Re: Destiny PC Clue Feb 19, 2013, 11:37 Ozmodan

If they don't release a PC version, the game will not recieve the accolades they want out of it. I certainly would not buy it for a console no matter how good they say it is.  

9. Re: Destiny PC Clue Feb 19, 2013, 11:07 MajorD

Creston wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 11:02:
Make sure to have a controller, though, as obviously nobody plays first person shooters with a mouse/keyboard anymore. The guys that made Halo said so.

Creston

Rotfl Rotfl Rotfl

8. Re: Destiny PC Clue Feb 19, 2013, 11:02 Creston

Creston

7. Re: Destiny PC Clue Feb 19, 2013, 10:39 nin

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 10:36:
These include the PC, as well as PS4, Xbox 720, Wii U, and PS Vista

PissVista.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

6. Re: Destiny PC Clue Feb 19, 2013, 10:36 SpectralMeat

These include the PC, as well as PS4, Xbox 720, Wii U, and PS Vista

Steam: SpectralMeat

5. Re: Destiny PC Clue Feb 19, 2013, 10:32 Arithon

I can barely contain my indifference.

Bungie said "keyboard-and-mouse players are getting less and less important", but what I heard was "Bungie is now irrelevant to gaming".

Weird huh?

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

4. Re: Destiny PC Clue Feb 19, 2013, 10:17 MajorD

It would most likely be a half-assed consolized port anyway, so don't do us any favors AssHats!!!

3. Re: Destiny PC Clue Feb 19, 2013, 09:20 OmegaDestroyer

It's amazing that the FPS market survived long enough for Halo to be invented, with it's mouse and keyboard interface and what not. They were some dark times.  

2. Re: Destiny PC Clue Feb 19, 2013, 09:01 Cutter

Yeah, that bridge has now been burned. Eff them.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

1. Re: Destiny PC Clue Feb 19, 2013, 08:58 El Pit

Oh, oh, oh, can I play it with a gamepad? I mean, that's the way everybody wants to play a first-person shooter, right?

Bungie, burn in Hell. NOT A SINGLE BUCK from me.

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo