Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 19, 2013, 21:56 Bhruic

Jivaro wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 14:21:
Origin just announced that Ubisoft games are now available through Origin. In the comments section, "Origin" confirmed that you will launch the game from Origin, authenticate through "Uplay", and then play the game. (provided the game required Uplay in the first place ofcourse).

L O L.

I guess the whole Steam+GFWL absurdity hasn't really taught the industry much of anything.

"Here, let me super-size that DRM for you. If one is good, more is better...AMIRIGHT?" -said nobody ever

If it's Steam + UPlay (which it is), is it any surprise it's also Origin + UPlay? I'd have been more surprised if EA somehow got them to drop the requirement.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 19, 2013, 18:54 xXBatmanXx

With the original Fallout games on sale at Steam, I decided to load them up and play em. Looking for some good mods and graphics enhancers if anyone has quick link to em. Probably start playing tomorrow.  

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

18. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 19, 2013, 18:43 Creston

1badmf wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 17:01:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 14:52:
Speaking of Canseco, Mike Piazza was on The Daily Show last week, and came across as intelligent, funny, and well spoken. I guess I'd never seen that side of him before. If coaching doesn't work out for him, he seems like a natural for TV.

as a long time dodger fan, fuck piazza. we made him, we gave him a chance as a favor to tommy lasorda, and then the moment his contract is up (actually before) he bolts. fuck him.

Yeah, how dare a guy go play somewhere else where they pay him more money?

Creston

17. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 19, 2013, 17:14 Cabezone

Hey Cutter, If you still got that other key I'll take it.  
"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

16. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 19, 2013, 17:01 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 14:52:
Speaking of Canseco, Mike Piazza was on The Daily Show last week, and came across as intelligent, funny, and well spoken. I guess I'd never seen that side of him before. If coaching doesn't work out for him, he seems like a natural for TV.

as a long time dodger fan, fuck piazza. we made him, we gave him a chance as a favor to tommy lasorda, and then the moment his contract is up (actually before) he bolts. fuck him.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 19, 2013, 14:52 jdreyer

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

14. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 19, 2013, 14:21 Jivaro

Origin just announced that Ubisoft games are now available through Origin. In the comments section, "Origin" confirmed that you will launch the game from Origin, authenticate through "Uplay", and then play the game. (provided the game required Uplay in the first place ofcourse).

L O L.

I guess the whole Steam+GFWL absurdity hasn't really taught the industry much of anything.

"Here, let me super-size that DRM for you. If one is good, more is better...AMIRIGHT?" -said nobody ever

13. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 19, 2013, 11:49 Creston

Cutter wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 09:39:
I don't even understand how she could be charged as I know - at least here - you're allowed to drink at home and get tattoos from 16 on with your parents permission.

Had she done it at home and solely for her son, I imagine this would never have made the news.

The fact that she did it at a bowling alley (ie, a public place), and presumably with other children present, yeah, that's a slightly different story.

Creston

12. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 19, 2013, 11:47 Jivaro

Cutter wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 10:58:
Jivaro wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 10:40:
Cutter wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 09:52:
By the by, I've been involved in the Neverwinter alpha for some time now and it's pretty sweet. Anyhoo, they finally gave us a couple of friend keys and I have 2 to pass along. So anyone Neverwinter Nights fans and/or people familiar with Cryptic games who wants to get in on this let me know. Helf, I always see you playing CO and STO, would you want one of these?

If you still have a key to give Cutter I would love to check it out. I beta'd City of Heroes, Champions Online, and STO..so I am very familiar with Cryptic. As a long time Neverwinter fan and DnD player I am very curious where they are going with it.

Ok, that's one sold. I'll email you key and instructions. There's a test tonight at 7pmEST so you'll need to DL it now - 5gigs'ish or so.

Thanks man, downloading right now.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 19, 2013, 11:25 Blegvad

I'd be down for a Neverwinter key as well - been wanting to check that out for sure.

Been back on GW2 a little bit recently, unfortunately most the The Silent Reign have not been around =D

This comment was edited on Feb 19, 2013, 12:08.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 19, 2013, 10:58 Cutter

Jivaro wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 10:40:
By the by, I've been involved in the Neverwinter alpha for some time now and it's pretty sweet. Anyhoo, they finally gave us a couple of friend keys and I have 2 to pass along. So anyone Neverwinter Nights fans and/or people familiar with Cryptic games who wants to get in on this let me know. Helf, I always see you playing CO and STO, would you want one of these?

If you still have a key to give Cutter I would love to check it out. I beta'd City of Heroes, Champions Online, and STO..so I am very familiar with Cryptic. As a long time Neverwinter fan and DnD player I am very curious where they are going with it.

Ok, that's one sold. I'll email you key and instructions. There's a test tonight at 7pmEST so you'll need to DL it now - 5gigs'ish or so.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 19, 2013, 10:40 Jivaro

This comment was edited on Feb 19, 2013, 10:55.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 19, 2013, 10:29 nin

Apparently a gold box video game day @ amazon - dead space 3 - $40, including digital download.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

7. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 19, 2013, 10:08 PHJF

GT Crysis 3 Review  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 19, 2013, 09:52 nin

Cutter wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 09:48:
ldonyo wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 09:44:
nin wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 08:49:
Mom accused of hiring strippers for son's Sweet 16.

Why did she choose to do this at a bowling alley?

Because that's where the Dude abides.

"Saturday, Donny, is Shabbos, the Jewish day of rest. That means that I don't work, I don't drive a car, I don't fucking ride in a car, I don't handle money, I don't turn on the oven, and I sure as shit *don't fucking roll*! "

5. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 19, 2013, 09:52 Cutter

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 19, 2013, 09:48 Cutter

ldonyo wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 09:44:

Because that's where the Dude abides.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 19, 2013, 09:44 ldonyo

2. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 19, 2013, 09:39 Cutter

And this is why when they keep treating young adults like children they'll remain children. Most of our parents generation and prior were having families before they were 18. Middle-ages and before that you started shortly after puberty, hell, 16 was middle-aged for a peasant. Now all this mollycoddling keeps driving the age up and maturity further away. Now adulthood starts at around 26 because of it.

I don't even understand how she could be charged as I know - at least here - you're allowed to drink at home and get tattoos from 16 on with your parents permission. So with this same mother's permission, this time year he can join the military, go off and kill people. But right now he's a hapless child who's been victimized by looking at a few strippers? Sigh. It boggles the mind! Jesus, my dad too me to see Scarface when I was all of 14. Of course it was a "Don't tell your mom" event, but it was still cool the old man took me.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 19, 2013, 08:49 nin

(Once again) Why didn't this shit happen when I was a kid???

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo