Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Far Cry 3 New Feature Plans

The Ubisoft Forums announce details about new features to be added to Far Cry 3 through upcoming patches, based on feedback they've collected since the release of the shooter sequel, though no specific timeframe is offered. These include the ability to reset outposts so they can be taken again; a new Master difficulty level for those who have already completed the game on Adventurer, Survivor, or Warrior settings; a more intuitive feedback system for user-created maps; and more.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Far Cry 3 New Feature Plans Feb 19, 2013, 07:51 Acleacius

Sempai wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 06:42:
Now allow us to play coop in the single player game. DUH!
Hell ya and an editor while their at it, because if they can't fix, we sure the hell can! Allthumbsup

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Far Cry 3 New Feature Plans Feb 19, 2013, 07:48 Acleacius

Ok, no clue how you guys are interrupting my post as wanting FC2 system in FC3. Either I suck at posting or you guys just woke up.

I'm saying there is STILL too much spawning. If you have to drive 2 seconds in FC2 but in FC3 you have to drive 8 seconds, I don't see that as completely redone, correctly.

Secondly I mentioned the fact that an *Encounter* can easily lead to up to six spawns. Each spawn happening before you even get to loot the previous kills. I.e. Encounter, 2 pirates in a jeep, stop to kill them, go to loot them, another jeep shows up with 3 pirates, kill them, go to loot them, another jeep pulls up..... Ad nauseam.

I don't see how this is better or believable, you may fell differently.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

12. Re: Far Cry 3 New Feature Plans Feb 19, 2013, 07:34 theyarecomingforyou

Acleacius wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 04:39:
One thing I don't understand and it annoys the hell out of me. How can a game developer get universally maligned over a design decision in their last game and instead of learning from it, DO IT AGAIN? The most common criticism I've read about FC2 was the constant spawning/respawning, stealing the sense of accomplishment and believability.
What the hell are you talking about? They completely redesigned the system and implemented properly. It's similar to what was attempted with STALKER: Clear Sky, only done right. It was actually one of the most compelling features of the game.

The whole point of the bases was that they were challenging and if you don't take them out quickly or at least disable the alarms then they become incredibly difficult to take down - that's by design. It's not their fault if you're shit at the game.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou

11. Re: Far Cry 3 New Feature Plans Feb 19, 2013, 07:19 Redmask

One thing I don't understand and it annoys the hell out of me. How can a game developer get universally maligned over a design decision in their last game and instead of learning from it, DO IT AGAIN? The most common criticism I've read about FC2 was the constant spawning/respawning, stealing the sense of accomplishment and believability.

It's not the same implementation. Far Cry 2 you could drive away and 2 seconds later everything would repop. People don't want that in Far Cry 3, they want a somewhat randommized system where the Outposts are retaken by the enemy in believable and reasonable periods. You're supposed to believe that there is a civil war going on after all. It also gives the player something to fight other than wildlife.

People hated the system in Far Cry 2 for different reasons, don't think for a moment people want that system in this game, it was an entirely different beast.

10. Re: Far Cry 3 New Feature Plans Feb 19, 2013, 06:42 Sempai

Now allow us to play coop in the single player game. DUH!  

9. Re: Far Cry 3 New Feature Plans Feb 19, 2013, 04:39 Acleacius

I really liked they tried a adult themed storyline, too bad it didn't get flushed out. There should have been more missions, related to his friends once Jason finds them, along the lines of Daisy. The open world model works great as a shooter and the game is graphically beautiful. Yet the Save System and UI are almost abject failures. What kind of idiot would design a UI, where you constantly have to hit the Escape 5+ times just to get back into the game?

In FC 3 it doesn't seem to matter difficulty or story stage. You drive up on an ambush/road block (or even a foot patrol) by the time you take them down and before you can even loot them, here they come. First one, then a second, third, fourth....and up to six. I'm not freaking kidding. Literally after finishing the tutorial (i.e. freeing the first base) and reaching a roadblock, there are no less then six vehicles. It can happen anywhere, anytime on any difficulty and not because you're hanging around, there isn't even time to loot.

As gamers we really need to find out which Designers approve idiotic things like the UI, Save System and Respawning to publicly shame these pricks. Apparently that's the only thing that will work.

There are mods at Nexus, if anyone is interested. Sadly ubisoft is involved so isn't as mod friendly as a Bethesda game. If you've completed the game once before a good compilation mod is Swartz mod Compilation.

Edit: Btw has anyone found the starting village where Grant gets killed? I've found Liza's building and the Well with the Brick (ends with the helicopter getting shot down). Secondly has anyone found a way to get 1500xp bonus during the Tutorial, freeing the first base?

This comment was edited on Feb 19, 2013, 05:00.

8. Re: Far Cry 3 New Feature Plans Feb 19, 2013, 04:27 Nadool

Open. World. Co. Op. Period. dot. ..  

7. Re: Far Cry 3 New Feature Plans Feb 18, 2013, 23:40 kyleb

The description actually just suggests the various enemies types will do more damage and/or have more heath:
Single Player: MASTER - A New Difficulty Setting

For those that have already completed the game on Adventurer, Survivor or Warrior settings and are looking for the next bill challenge, the all-new MASTER difficulty setting will be added in an upcoming patch of the game. Seasoned veterans will find themselves challenged by more aggressive wildlife, tougher pirates, and more deadly privateers. Your skills as a master of the Rook Islands will be tested.

6. Re: Far Cry 3 New Feature Plans Feb 18, 2013, 22:44 jacobvandy

Unfortunately, it sounds like the only thing Master difficulty will offer is further increased stats on enemies... They should make it more of a Fallout: NV hardcore mode, with actual changes to gameplay. Like maybe truly disabling all helper UI elements, bringing back weapon degradation, etc.  

5. Re: Far Cry 3 New Feature Plans Feb 18, 2013, 22:16 wtf_man

Reactor wrote on Feb 18, 2013, 20:33:
I just want it to work. I've had black screen crashes since the day I bought it. I think I've played a grand total of 15 minutes.

Well, you're not supposed to put an XBox 360 disc in your PC.

4. Re: Far Cry 3 New Feature Plans Feb 18, 2013, 22:10 theyarecomingforyou

It's good to see that FC3 sold better than expected, as it certainly deserved it. Excellent game. I hope it gets a proper expansion or substantial DLC while we await the inevitable sequel. As for the patches, it's nice that new features are still being added.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou

3. Re: Far Cry 3 New Feature Plans Feb 18, 2013, 21:54 SirKnight

Good to see the ability to re-take outposts (as long as it's not like the checkpoint areas in FC2, that was lame). That was one of my fav things to do in FC3. A harder difficulty level is much welcome too.  

2. Re: Far Cry 3 New Feature Plans Feb 18, 2013, 21:14 NegaDeath

Between this and the patch that added options to disable HUD elements I'm impressed with the level of post-release support this game is getting.  

1. Re: Far Cry 3 New Feature Plans Feb 18, 2013, 20:33 Reactor

I just want it to work. I've had black screen crashes since the day I bought it. I think I've played a grand total of 15 minutes.  

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo