Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

New WHQL-certified GeForce Drivers

The GeForce Website now offers new version 314.07 WHQL-certified drivers for NVIDIA GeForce accelerators. They call this an "essential update for gamers jumping into Crysis 3 this week," as single-GPU and multi-GPU performance in Crytek’s shooter sequel is improved by up to 65% in the new version. They add: "Other highlights include sizeable SLI and single-GPU performance gains of up to 27% in Assassin’s Creed III, 19% in Civilization V, 14% in Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, 14% in DiRT 3, 11% in Just Cause 2, 10% in Deus Ex: Human Revolution, 10% in F1 2012, and 10% in Far Cry 3."

View
24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

4. Geforce Experience Feb 18, 2013, 20:17 Wookiestick

Saw/got the update through the new Geforce Experience Beta Software. Love this program-- makes tweaking my games visually a cinch.  

Love thy wookie.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: New WHQL-certified GeForce Drivers Feb 18, 2013, 20:15 Optional Nickname!

I'm sure you know this already but you should try any of the well-established tech forums, Blue's included(?) for expert advice and troubleshooting.

Tom's, Hocp, Tech Report, Anandtech, Overclockers.net and even Nvidia's forums have many people who can and will assist you.

I too have had unpleasant experiences with recent GeForce Drivers, moreso than in the past, but careful troubleshooting and threatening your PC with a industrial sized degausser and hydraulic press, helps.

2. Re: New WHQL-certified GeForce Drivers Feb 18, 2013, 20:11 nin

Atomic wrote on Feb 18, 2013, 20:06:
So far, I've been unable to use anything newer than 296.10 on my PC. If I try, any game I run goes to black screen, and I have to reboot. I think it has something to do with over-scanning the display, but I can't figure it out. Very frustrating.

Did you try the setting in the installer where you have the option of removing all previous settings? That's a shot in the dark guess...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: New WHQL-certified GeForce Drivers Feb 18, 2013, 20:06 Atomic

So far, I've been unable to use anything newer than 296.10 on my PC. If I try, any game I run goes to black screen, and I have to reboot. I think it has something to do with over-scanning the display, but I can't figure it out. Very frustrating.  

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."
-George Bernard Shaw

24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo