Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Bungie on PC Destiny Possibilities and How Nobody Wants to Play with Mouse/KB

A couple of general indications from Bungie suggest the possibility that their just-announced Destiny may make to PCs after only being announced for consoles. "We would absolutely love to be on the PC. If you talk to the people upstairs, we play it on all platforms," Bungie COO Pete Parsons told Eurogamer. So, stay tuned." The PA Report has a similar vague hint from Parsons, who explains the game should be easy to port: "The interesting part is we, from the ground up, from the very beginning, we have made sure that [Destiny] can be on multiple platforms," he told them. "Itís one thing to say it, itís another to design and actually architect for it, which weíve absolutely done." On the other hand, Destructoid has a quote from Bungie cofounder Jason Jones suggesting playing first-person shooters with mice and keyboards is obsolete, as their "ambitious" moves with Halo of limiting players to two weapons and recharging health have changed the FPS. "We did a bunch of ambitious things on Halo deliberately to reach out to people," Jones told them. "We limited players to two weapons, we gave them recharging health, we automatically saved and restored the game -- almost heretical things to first-person shooters at the time. We made the game run without a mouse and keyboard. And now nobody plays shooters the way they used to play them before Halo 'cause nobody wants to."

View
71 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

11. Re: Bungie on PC Destiny Possibilities and How Nobody Wants to Play with Mouse/KB Feb 18, 2013, 20:31 PHJF

This Dust 514 shooter currently beta on PSN allows M+KB... game looks pretty fun but apparently the old PS3 doesn't run it well enough (big surprise).  

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Bungie on PC Destiny Possibilities and How Nobody Wants to Play with Mouse/KB Feb 18, 2013, 20:30 Quboid

Linksil wrote on Feb 18, 2013, 20:17:
Let us hook up a mouse and keyboard to the 360/ps3/720/ps4, Give us proper configs for it (no mouse lag options) and see what people REALLY want to play FPS games on.

Oh how I'd love to see that. Granted, the sort of ultra-responsive KB/M control Quake had isn't very realistic but damn, what a battle that would be. Bloody, hilarious and short.

- Quboid

9. Re: Bungie on PC Destiny Possibilities and How Nobody Wants to Play with Mouse/KB Feb 18, 2013, 20:30 netnerd85

We made the game run without a mouse and keyboard. And now nobody plays shooters the way they used to play them before Halo 'cause nobody wants to.
What an arrogant cunt.

And give me health packs ANY DAY.

8. Re: Bungie on PC Destiny Possibilities and How Nobody Wants to Play with Mouse/KB Feb 18, 2013, 20:25 siapnar

The idiocy of this statement is astronomical...
Voluntary ignorance?

I have projectile dysfunction.
------------------------------
Playing: Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Call of Juarez: Gunslinger, DiRT 2, Trials Frontier

7. Re: Bungie on PC Destiny Possibilities and How Nobody Wants to Play with Mouse/KB Feb 18, 2013, 20:22 born2expire

The only thing missing are Micheal Patcher quotes, these guys just don't get it.

"Hey, we crammed regenerating health, and only having 2 weapons down your throat. Now we're getting rid of KB/mouse even though we haven't done anything for PC gamers in 10 years, but we are gonna ruin that for you. Oh yeah, don't forget to buy our game for console you have zero interest in!"
- Jason Jones

6. Re: Bungie on PC Destiny Possibilities and How Nobody Wants to Play with Mouse/KB Feb 18, 2013, 20:17 Rossafur

Translation: "We're the ones responsible for dumbing down FPS games for so long that players are now themselves too dumb to handle anything more complex! Bow down!"

Haven't other companies given up on making multiplayer FPS's cross-platform because the mouse/kb combo players destroy controller players?

5. Re: Bungie on PC Destiny Possibilities and How Nobody Wants to Play with Mouse/KB Feb 18, 2013, 20:17 Linksil

Let us hook up a mouse and keyboard to the 360/ps3/720/ps4, Give us proper configs for it (no mouse lag options) and see what people REALLY want to play FPS games on.  
Munching On: Archeage, SAO Vita, Tales of Xallia 1/2.

4. Re: Bungie on PC Destiny Possibilities and How Nobody Wants to Play with Mouse/KB Feb 18, 2013, 20:15 AstroCat

Wow, that Jason Jones guy really sucks. We made our game really lame and everyone got used to it who didn't know better. That's really innovative of him and oh so better for moving games forward. Yeah m/k really sucks for fps and there is nobody who does that any more at all, wow, what a genius?!  

3. Re: Bungie on PC Destiny Possibilities and How Nobody Wants to Play with Mouse/KB Feb 18, 2013, 20:13 nin

See, this is the early part of the relationship, where the publisher and dev are merrily skipping down the road, hand in hand...life is good, as the dev has a sugar daddy, and the publisher has "a sure thing".

Let's see where they are in 5 years...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

2. Re: Bungie on PC Destiny Possibilities and How Nobody Wants to Play with Mouse/KB Feb 18, 2013, 20:11 Quboid

So, to continue the discussion of defending companies ... fuck you Bungie. I understand why the PC would be a low priority but don't patronize us. The only thing the people upstairs told you is that there's money to be made from PC gamers and I'd respect you if you just came out and said that.

And KB/mouse? That's a necessity for me and I'm sure I'm far from the only one. I sold my Xbox 360 when I realised that getting used to shooters on a gamepad wasn't going to be worth the effort.

- Quboid

1. Re: Bungie on PC Destiny Possibilities and How Nobody Wants to Play with Mouse/KB Feb 18, 2013, 20:06 DangerDog

So then that would be a no to a PC version.

71 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo