Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Cancelled Aliens RPG Animations

This trailer offers footage of animations created for Aliens Crucible, Obsidian's cancelled Aliens RPG that was un development for a while under the working title of, yes, Aliens RPG. The clip was posted about a month ago by Danny Garnett to show off his work on the project, and discovered by DSOGaming (thanks OXM). The clip shows walk and attack animations for several Xenomorphs, including a queen alien and a dog alien, as well as a scene showing some environmental physics and some motion capture for human soldiers.

View
30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

10. Re: Cancelled Aliens RPG Animations Feb 18, 2013, 11:00 Wallshadows

Gearbox probably used their E3 video as leverage to get the extra extension and used the same bait and switch tactic on SEGA in the same way they used it on fans. Otherwise, I seriously doubt they would be able to show anything else which wouldn't outright nullify their contract and the project being completely buried. Then again, I find it hard to believe SEGA would just go off of what Randy and the video were showing and okay it for release without looking in to it first.

I wonder if the Aliens RPG was destroyed of if it sits on a USB key in the back of a closet?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Cancelled Aliens RPG Animations Feb 18, 2013, 10:29 InBlack

Beamer wrote on Feb 18, 2013, 10:00:
InBlack wrote on Feb 18, 2013, 09:39:
So if any of that shit on Reddit is true, Randy and execs from Fox are the true villains in this whole fucking mess.

Sega still released it and asked you for your $60.

Well they didnt get my 60$ but from what I read there, Randy was the dude who asked and GOT extensions to work on the game. For once my sympathies lie with the publisher. SEGA probably thought after 6+ years in development the game was going to rock, you know, like MOST people did. To be completely fair though, if they had anyone at all to check on the finished code, they shouldnt have released this game so yeah they definitely get a share of the blame. I definitely see some kind of lawsuit on the horizon in this mess depending on whose lawyers are quicker on the draw....

I have a nifty blue line!

8. Re: Cancelled Aliens RPG Animations Feb 18, 2013, 10:00 Beamer

So if any of that shit on Reddit is true, Randy and execs from Fox are the true villains in this whole fucking mess.

Sega still released it and asked you for your $60.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

7. Re: Cancelled Aliens RPG Animations Feb 18, 2013, 09:58 nin

"No one likes to be called a liar, especially if their intent was pure and they always spoke the truth when they spoke it." - Actual Randy Pitchford quote (drug test results pending).

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

6. Re: Cancelled Aliens RPG Animations Feb 18, 2013, 09:39 InBlack

5. Re: Cancelled Aliens RPG Animations Feb 18, 2013, 09:31 InBlack

Anonymous Gearbox employee...

4. Re: Cancelled Aliens RPG Animations Feb 18, 2013, 09:18 nin

We can all thank SEGA for shit-canning this project and giving ACM a six-year development cycle.

Yep! And that last shitty AvP, too!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

3. Re: Cancelled Aliens RPG Animations Feb 18, 2013, 09:17 eRe4s3r

A proper Aliens RPG ala Mass Effect would be.. pretty damn epic. Sadly, with the idiots at Sega at the helm we can expect this franchise to be dead.

Actually, I revise my statement. Gearbox is 100% to blame. Sega got totally scammed by Gearbox.

Reddit post by anon developer

And here the video that everyone is talking about this is what could have been, just better ->
E3 Video with Randy Pitchford lying for 11 minutes

And well, you know what we got instead. A travesty that has nothing to do with Aliens.

Edit: I see I am not the only one who saw this reddit post mentioned, even if untrue. It's imo pretty clear that Sega wanted this game to be great. Gearbox fucked around for 7 years, putting dev money for Aliens CM into Borderlands 2. There is no way that is possibly legal.. but I guess we'll know soon enough. Sega can still sue.

Here is one more.. but from Kotaku...

How Alien:CM fell apart

I don't see how outsourcing SP makes this somehow less Gearbox's fault..

By the way, Sega put 70m $ into this and Gearbox lied to Sega and only send a version to Sega in mid 2012. That means Sega had no choice but to release, they trusted Gearbox completely thinking that they get another Borderlands kind of hit. Instead, they got shovelware from Randy Pitchfork. (Remember that Sega is not exactly "well" currently, that money likely was a huge gamble)

This comment was edited on Feb 18, 2013, 11:54.

2. Re: Cancelled Aliens RPG Animations Feb 18, 2013, 09:01 InBlack

1. Re: Cancelled Aliens RPG Animations Feb 18, 2013, 09:00 Wallshadows

We can all thank SEGA for shit-canning this project and giving ACM a six-year development cycle.

Bet it doesn't look like such a good decision now, eh?

30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo