Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

etc.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: etc. Feb 18, 2013, 17:50 xXBatmanXx

Cabezone wrote on Feb 18, 2013, 17:02:
I'm guessing there's no bathroom breaks? So they're also fasting....or pissing themselves.

Yup, which is the reason for the medical/ambulance/hospital line. A lot of these aren't talked about, as the person usually passes out from exhaustion. There are mods that allow for a "pause" but those cancel the possibility for a record breaking score - one of the rules.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: etc. Feb 18, 2013, 17:02 Cabezone

I'm guessing there's no bathroom breaks? So they're also fasting....or pissing themselves.  
"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

6. Re: etc. Feb 18, 2013, 16:50 nin

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 18, 2013, 16:05:
Q-Bert was on of the hardest games in the arcade. I would usually not play it as I wanted my value per quarter to last. I tended to go to the Food Fight, Pac Man, Ms Pac Man, Burger Time games, as your quarter would go much further (for me at least). Then came along Double Dragon, and I could beat it with 1 quarter.

I sucked at it as well.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

5. Re: etc. Feb 18, 2013, 16:05 xXBatmanXx

Q-Bert was on of the hardest games in the arcade. I would usually not play it as I wanted my value per quarter to last. I tended to go to the Food Fight, Pac Man, Ms Pac Man, Burger Time games, as your quarter would go much further (for me at least). Then came along Double Dragon, and I could beat it with 1 quarter.  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

4. Re: etc. Feb 18, 2013, 15:04 Mashiki Amiketo

nin wrote on Feb 18, 2013, 09:20:
So, after watching that for a bit last night...was there actually a hardware mechanism that hit the side of the cabinet when you died? I've only noticed that sound on QBert standups, but it's sometimes LOUD.

There was a physical mechanism on the standups that were at the old arcade that I used to go to as a kid back in the 80's. I really do miss arcades sometimes.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

3. not from the matrix Feb 18, 2013, 13:43 Orphic Resonance

Perfection of Wisdom got theme from 'Heart Sutra'. Its Sanskrit name Prajnaparamita Hrdaya literally means "The Heart of the Perfection of Transcendent Wisdom". The Heart Sutra is often cited as the best-known and most popular Buddhism scripture of all.

there is no "mix of fighting versus game + 2D grid map + card game + turn based game."

http://www.buddhanet.net/e-learning/heartstr.htm

2. Re: etc. Feb 18, 2013, 09:20 nin

So, after watching that for a bit last night...was there actually a hardware mechanism that hit the side of the cabinet when you died? I've only noticed that sound on QBert standups, but it's sometimes LOUD.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

1. Re: etc. Feb 18, 2013, 09:05 Wallshadows

With the sound on? Boik boik boik vrrrp vrrrp boik boik pptptp pptpt bwoopwoopwoopwoopwoop boik boik boik  

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo