Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Destiny Announced for Consoles

The Destiny Website now offers the promised first details about Bungie's upcoming mystery game. This will be a first-person shooter, but our hopes that Bungie's emancipation from Microsoft might lead them towards the light of the PC (the proper platform for FPS games) are dashed for the moment by word that this is coming to Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, promising: "Unprecedented variety of FPS gameplay, including story, cooperative and competitive multiplayer modes combined with public and social activities." This will be an online game, and there are previews on Wired.com (thanks Neutronbeam) and Kotaku outlining Bungie's ambitions for this project. Here's a trailer.

View
46 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

6. Re: Destiny Announced for Consoles Feb 17, 2013, 18:51 jacobvandy

So they were brainwashed by Microsoft's Xbox Division and now that they're on their own again, they still have that warped view of what the FPS genre should be. Great... Really makes me interested in the horse crap you're pushing (not).  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Destiny Announced for Consoles Feb 17, 2013, 18:40 Klaus Flouride

I was excited until I read the online only part. Fuck that shit.  

When all else fails empty the magazine...

4. Re: Destiny Announced for Consoles Feb 17, 2013, 18:23 ASeven

Frijoles wrote on Feb 17, 2013, 18:20:
Saw this on RPS:

"We did a bunch of ambitious things on Halo deliberately to reach out to people. We limited players to two weapons, we gave them recharging health, we automatically saved and restored the game – almost heretical things to first-person shooters at the time. We made the game run without a mouse and keyboard. And now nobody plays shooters the way they used to play them before Halo ’cause nobody wants to."

Riiiiighht....

Yeah was going to post this. Sigh, more retarded assfuckery from mainstream devs. Good grief. It's ok to release this only on consoles, it's not ok to slag of PC gamers in the process.

3. Re: Destiny Announced for Consoles Feb 17, 2013, 18:20 Frijoles

Saw this on RPS:

"We did a bunch of ambitious things on Halo deliberately to reach out to people. We limited players to two weapons, we gave them recharging health, we automatically saved and restored the game – almost heretical things to first-person shooters at the time. We made the game run without a mouse and keyboard. And now nobody plays shooters the way they used to play them before Halo ’cause nobody wants to."

Riiiiighht....

2. Re: Destiny Announced for Consoles Feb 17, 2013, 17:43 nin

I believe it's coming to pcs later, like next year...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

1. Re: Destiny Announced for Consoles Feb 17, 2013, 17:11 Kajetan

Of course this game is only for consoles. Bungie has no experience in making shooters for the PC at all. And this title being an online-only game, i forgive them for not knowing how to make a good PC shooter. Because i have no interest in online-only games besides some WoW now and then.

This comment was edited on Feb 17, 2013, 17:27.

46 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo