Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Top 10

Here's the list of the 10 bestselling games on Steam this week:

1. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dragonborn
  2. Aliens: Colonial Marines
  3. Borderlands 2
  4. Torchlight II
  5. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
  6. Arma II: Combined Operations
  7. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  8. Impire
  9. Far Cry 3
  10. Call of Duty: Black Ops II

View
34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

14. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 17, 2013, 23:26 jacobvandy

The Top Sellers list on Steam isn't a very good metric for trends... I looked right now and it's at #9. Would be nice to know exactly how that ranking works.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 17, 2013, 23:21 eRe4s3r

5 days too many though...  

12. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 17, 2013, 22:46 jacobvandy

Yeah, I have the Better Vampires mod that at least includes the ability to loot bodies while in Lord mode.  

11. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 17, 2013, 22:25 Creston

jacobvandy wrote on Feb 17, 2013, 21:36:
The only thing I dislike about Vampire Lord mode is that it's stuck in third-person, like being a Werewolf except worse because you're slinging spells with that god-awful crosshair. Makes going through caves that way a pain in the ass.

My big issue with the Vampire Lord was that he was

A) too large to fit through most caves
B) Can't actually interact with anything. No map in Vampire mode? WTF Bethesda?

Other than that, I actually thought the Vampire mode was a pretty cool thing. It takes a bit to power up (though not nearly as much as it originally seems, since every kill works towards your counter,) but it has pretty cool power, and he's actually really strong.

I was playing an upclose warrior dude, and so the Vampire Lord complements him well, as everything at medium and long range just gets murdered by the Vampire powers.

I also really liked that you actually CAN blot out the sun in Dawnguard, and that it's not just this stupid "menace in the background" type deal. Some of the areas were also very cool to explore, but that was almost completely negated by the absolutely fucking ridiculously large Falmer area you have to slog through...

Even so, Dawnguard isn't anywhere near Dragonborn's coolness. Dragonborn is fantastic.

Creston

10. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 17, 2013, 21:36 jacobvandy

Redmask wrote on Feb 17, 2013, 19:28:
I didn't really like Dawnguard and I don't consider myself a dumbass hater. I didn't like the story, I didn't like the themes, I thought the characters were completely uninteresting and the vampire lord mechanics in the game were ridiculous in practical use.

You're not a dumbass hater for saying you don't like it. Dumbass haters exaggerate and misrepresent what it is, such as "shitty 4-hour quest for $20, lawl Failthesda." I cannot comprehend the level of ADD and floating quest-marker tunnel vision it must take to run through it that fast.

I agree it's not nearly as good as Dragonborn, quality or value wise. There's a lot of filler and, like I said, unsatisfactory level design, but at least there are some decent souvenirs and interesting lore fleshed out. Almost all of which you'll miss unless you take the time to smell the roses. The only thing I dislike about Vampire Lord mode is that it's stuck in third-person, like being a Werewolf except worse because you're slinging spells with that god-awful crosshair. Makes going through caves that way a pain in the ass.

9. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 17, 2013, 21:01 Taskeen

ACM is number 11 now. Good riddance to that rubbish. I hope it goes to #100 by the end of the month.  

8. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 17, 2013, 19:56 Mad Max RW

As of right now A:CM is no longer on the Steam top 10. It took less than 5 days.  

7. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 17, 2013, 19:42 Creston

Very much enjoying Dragonborn. Well worth the 20 bucks, imo.

Creston

6. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 17, 2013, 19:28 Redmask

netnerd85 wrote on Feb 17, 2013, 16:44:
2) Aliens: Colonial Marines
Randy thanks you, obviously you all love Aliens and want more lies. Stupid people.

I had an Aliens dream last night actually lol, "APONE!" poor Apone

There's a massive marketing blitz on for that game, Sega is pushing it directly at the COD crowd. It's been on TV during every sporting event several times too, it outnumbered beer commercials during the hockey game I was watching.

Dawnguard was considerably more in-depth than I was led to believe from dumbass haters on internet forums, but it was still around half or less of the content you get here. Much more linear and on-rails, too, as opposed to the traditional Skyrim gameplay based on free-form exploration with various points of interest to clear out.

I didn't really like Dawnguard and I don't consider myself a dumbass hater. I didn't like the story, I didn't like the themes, I thought the characters were completely uninteresting and the vampire lord mechanics in the game were ridiculous in practical use.

Dragonborn was really good however!

5. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 17, 2013, 18:13 xXBatmanXx

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Feb 17, 2013, 17:04:
All hail Skyrim, and it's glorious new regime!

Yup.

Playing Skyrim and D3.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

4. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 17, 2013, 17:15 jacobvandy

Played through Dragonborn in the past several days, it was AWESOME. Way bigger than Dawnguard for the same [initial] price? Supwitdat? I dunno, but I'm glad.

The island of Solstheim is about the size of one of Skyrim's territory/region/hold things, so like 1/5th or 1/6th of the rest of the game and just as packed with caves and ruins and new items/spells/shouts and whatnot. Plus several instances of Hermaus Mora's plane of Oblivion. Well worth the $16 I paid at GMG, and that was BEFORE they had the additional weekend discount that made it like $12-13.

Dawnguard was considerably more in-depth than I was led to believe from dumbass haters on internet forums, but it was still around half or less of the content you get here. Much more linear and on-rails, too, as opposed to the traditional Skyrim gameplay based on free-form exploration with various points of interest to clear out.

3. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 17, 2013, 17:04 Mashiki Amiketo

All hail Skyrim, and it's glorious new regime!  
--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

2. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 17, 2013, 16:53 JohnBirshire

Of course folk who don't bother to read a single review buy crap like Colonial Marines at release, but it will undoubtedly drop off the charts fast.  

1. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 17, 2013, 16:44 netnerd85

2) Aliens: Colonial Marines
Randy thanks you, obviously you all love Aliens and want more lies. Stupid people.

I had an Aliens dream last night actually lol, "APONE!" poor Apone

34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo