Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Sunday Legal Briefs

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

2. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Feb 17, 2013, 17:45 nin

Side note, it's funny that for all the complaints about sequel-itis and a lack of original IP, the biggest titles on KS are all sequels, either direct or spiritual.

That's true, but it's also for sequels that publishers weren't interested in.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

1. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Feb 17, 2013, 16:53 Asmo

I think a lot of kickstart "burnout" is because of the amount of dross served up over it which was probably kicked off by Wasteland 2/Project Eternity etc. There were a couple of huge titles that the market has been wanting to see remade and so they tapped in to fanbase ready to throw money at them, and then the also-rans turned up thinking to get their pet projects off the ground.

eg. Wildman. Never really appealed to me, game type or setting. No amount of talking up by Chris Roberts or others could get me to budge on that. If they'd offered a sequel to Sup Com or something similar, I'm sure it would have taken off.

Side note, it's funny that for all the complaints about sequel-itis and a lack of original IP, the biggest titles on KS are all sequels, either direct or spiritual.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo