Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

SpellForce 2: Faith in Destiny DLC

Steam now offers Faith in Destiny Scenario 3: The Last Stand, a new DLC pack for SpellForce 2: Faith in Destiny, the strategy/RPG sequel. Here's a description of the new release:

The Last Stand is the third DLC to be released for the fantasy RPG, set in the dangerous world of Dun Mora where The Nameless has launched a ferocious attack against the elves and Queen Sansha. Players must assume the role of Caine and use their tactical skills to help defend the precious land.

Dun Mora has become too dangerous for Professor Twiddle to journey through carrying parts of the Twiddlium Compensator. Leaving the parts with Queen Sansha to look after, the attacks become more frequent and are taking on a new dimension that players will need to battle through.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: SpellForce 2: Faith in Destiny DLC Feb 18, 2013, 21:02 cobosdan2

Blackhawk wrote on Feb 16, 2013, 23:56:

"If you can ignore the problems (like the fact that you can't remap any keys), then it is a great game."

Use the free software, GLOVEPIE, it allows key and mouse remapping in any game.
Mind, the old bindings persist, so use the keys that the game doesnt use.

There are many games I wouldn't touch till I started using GLOVEPIE.

Spellforce is a good example, now you can remap some keys like home, insert, end, delete, etc, in more comfortable places.

IMHO,

Spellforce 2: Shadow War = A classic, enjoyed it inmmensely.
To my regret and loss I never could get into any RTSs.
But surprisingly this game made me love dearly the RTS aspects (besides the RPG side I crave usually).
Maybe there is RTS hope for me.

Spellforce 2: Dragon Storm expansion = not so good but entertaining anyway.

Spellforce 2: Faith in Destiny standalone expansion
I installed it, started a couple times for a few minutes, and left it for other games.
Finally got serious: Man, what a blast, playing it non-stop Friday, Saturday and today !
Grows on you.
Do try to get the 2.02 to 2.26 patch, the graphics update is most noteworthy for a RTS.

Note:
For years, I come dayly to Bluesnews but never contribute.
Seeing other gamers liking underated Spellforce made me do it =)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: SpellForce 2: Faith in Destiny DLC Feb 17, 2013, 10:28 Zanakar

SpellForce 1 and 2 (along their expansions) were nice big games. Sure, with several glitches yet still lots of stuff to do, treasures to loot, monsters to kill, the usual stuff
However, Faith in Destiny was a let-down, since it pretty much ends at the point where the game gets really interesting. Either designers ran out of money and had to rush the game out, or intentionally left the ending as "Would You Like To Know More ? Buy next SpellForce game"

11. Re: SpellForce 2: Faith in Destiny DLC Feb 17, 2013, 09:28 eRe4s3r

My experience playing it (at least 2) usually involved massive dead-end glitches and scripting issues.  

10. Re: SpellForce 2: Faith in Destiny DLC Feb 17, 2013, 02:21 Steele Johnson

I think it's a very underrated game.  

9. Re: SpellForce 2: Faith in Destiny DLC Feb 17, 2013, 01:23 Jivaro

Blackhawk wrote on Feb 16, 2013, 23:56:
Well, they're very European. That typically means deep games with fantastic gameplay, but extremely quirky interfaces and technical issues. Spellforce was like that. It's a blast to play, but you have to put up with a few headaches to do so.

If you can ignore the problems (like the fact that you can't remap any keys), then it is a great game.

Exactly this. I like them because I don't find the quirks to be that big a deal...other people might not agree.

8. Re: SpellForce 2: Faith in Destiny DLC Feb 16, 2013, 23:56 Blackhawk

Well, they're very European. That typically means deep games with fantastic gameplay, but extremely quirky interfaces and technical issues. Spellforce was like that. It's a blast to play, but you have to put up with a few headaches to do so.

If you can ignore the problems (like the fact that you can't remap any keys), then it is a great game.

7. Re: SpellForce 2: Faith in Destiny DLC Feb 16, 2013, 23:30 Frijoles

Jivaro wrote on Feb 16, 2013, 14:37:
The kind of games you would expect to see in a PC Gamer "10 Best Games You Have Never Played" list. Spellforce is one of those.

This is really surprising to me. Every time it goes on sale on Steam, I have a look at them. They are rated _horribly_ on Metacritic. Spellforce 2 (Faith in Destiny) is in the 5s. The Gold Edition fairs better at 7.4, but that's the older game and still not exactly a stellar number. So I'm surprised to hear positive things about it.

Makes me wonder if it got dinged for the DRM. I may have to buy it next time it is on sale.

6. Re: SpellForce 2: Faith in Destiny DLC Feb 16, 2013, 21:48 Blackhawk

Rattlehead wrote on Feb 16, 2013, 16:50:
Don't the spellforce games have some serious DRM attached, even on Steam?

Generic SecuROM, no limited activations as far as I know.

The original Spellforce, when purchased on disk, had StarForce, which gave it a bad reputation way back when.

5. Re: SpellForce 2: Faith in Destiny DLC Feb 16, 2013, 16:50 Rattlehead

Don't the spellforce games have some serious DRM attached, even on Steam?  

4. Re: SpellForce 2: Faith in Destiny DLC Feb 16, 2013, 14:37 Jivaro

There are like 5-10 games or series of games I consider really good but the overwhelming vast majority of people have never played them. The kind of games you would expect to see in a PC Gamer "10 Best Games You Have Never Played" list. Spellforce is one of those. I think I know 2 other people that have played them. It is a pity because it has been a brilliant series with many hours of entertainment in each game.  

3. Re: SpellForce 2: Faith in Destiny DLC Feb 16, 2013, 13:56 Slayblaze

I seem to only play Spellforce (and certainly not through Steam) when my internet connection goes down, which is only about once a year. But I do keep an install going just in case.  

2. Re: SpellForce 2: Faith in Destiny DLC Feb 16, 2013, 12:39 Wowbagger_TIP

Alamar wrote on Feb 16, 2013, 12:29:
I really need to get back into the SpellForce games... I really enjoy them, but they're sooooo long... Which is both good and bad...

-Alamar

Yeah, I never seem to be able to finish one before I move on to some new shiny thing Can't really complain about a game being too long though. I enjoyed my time with the games anyway, even if I didn't finish.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

1. Re: SpellForce 2: Faith in Destiny DLC Feb 16, 2013, 12:29 Alamar

I really need to get back into the SpellForce games... I really enjoy them, but they're sooooo long... Which is both good and bad...

-Alamar

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo