Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Saturday Consolidation

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Saturday Consolidation Feb 17, 2013, 12:26 Jivaro

killer_roach wrote on Feb 16, 2013, 17:57:
bhcompy wrote on Feb 16, 2013, 17:55:
The PS3 was also recently named one of the best Blu-ray players by CNET, another plus for the system.

Yea, sorry, bro, but CNET has all the credibility of Fox News and MSNBC these days.

If anything, that's more damning of the standalone players than it is lauding the PS3. (Seriously, a lot of them are absolute garbage.)

I would totally get a PS3 instead of a regular Blu-Ray player. I bought one of those "smart" blu-ray players (Toshiba) and after a couple of years of using a PS3 for blu-rays I was thoroughly disappointed. First, the "apps". They never add to them. I can Netflix or Youtube on my Blu-Ray player but I can't Amazon Prime or Hulu. This despite the fact that the box says that "new apps will be coming". Second I never have trouble playing a disc on my PS3. My blu-ray player seems to have trouble occasionally with newer discs. I end up having to wait a month or so longer for updates to the firmware then I do for the updates on the PS3.

So yeah, if I could do it over again, I would have bought a second PS3.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Saturday Consolidation Feb 17, 2013, 04:09 Fantaz

News- Former Sony dev claims The Last Guardian has been "PS4 for a long time now".

Again game journos getting their news from Neogaf... any ex-employee who signs up and posts on Neogaf shouldn't be trusted.

12. Re: Saturday Consolidation Feb 17, 2013, 01:00 kyleb

I've never played Bayonetta, but from what I've seen the PS3 version is rather rough, while the game runs much better on the 360:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-bayonetta-faceoff

11. Re: Saturday Consolidation Feb 16, 2013, 20:50 Silicon Avatar

I'd almost get a cheap PS3 to play Bayonetta. It's over the top and stupid and yet pretty enjoyable.

I don't know if they can recapture the same thing in the Wii U version without retreading.

10. Re: Saturday Consolidation Feb 16, 2013, 17:57 killer_roach

bhcompy wrote on Feb 16, 2013, 17:55:
The PS3 was also recently named one of the best Blu-ray players by CNET, another plus for the system.

Yea, sorry, bro, but CNET has all the credibility of Fox News and MSNBC these days.

If anything, that's more damning of the standalone players than it is lauding the PS3. (Seriously, a lot of them are absolute garbage.)

9. Re: Saturday Consolidation Feb 16, 2013, 17:55 bhcompy

8. Re: Saturday Consolidation Feb 16, 2013, 17:01 UttiniDaKilrJawa

Thats too bad, I was looking forward to The Last Guardian.
360 , ps3 and wii were the last console generation for me.
Going back to the good ol PC.

7. Re: Saturday Consolidation Feb 16, 2013, 15:42 killer_roach

Agent.X7 wrote on Feb 16, 2013, 14:23:
I don't think the PS4 announcement is going to drop the PS3 price at all.

Their analysis doesn't support their headline. Basically what the article says is that systems drop a lot in price from launch to the launch of their successor.

Considering the PS3 started at $500/600, I wouldn't be surprised to see it at $199/249 at the PS4's launch (consistent with what they're saying in the article), but the headline is wrong. The PS4 launch announcement will have (likely) no effect on price, and it sure as hell won't be 64%.

6. Re: Saturday Consolidation Feb 16, 2013, 15:11 kyleb

Jivaro wrote on Feb 16, 2013, 14:48:
Sony has invested money in the team all along.
Sony actually owns Team Ico. Anyway, the last PlayStation exclusive I recall Sony porting to PC is Twisted Metal 2.

5. Re: Saturday Consolidation Feb 16, 2013, 14:55 PHJF

What's the chance that The Last Guardian comes to any fucking system at all?  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

4. Re: Saturday Consolidation Feb 16, 2013, 14:48 Jivaro

jdreyer wrote on Feb 16, 2013, 14:41:
What's the chance that The Last Guardian comes to PC?

None at all if I remember correctly. I suppose there is always a chance if the game does really well and there is demand...like Dark Souls. The things is that Dark Souls was multi-platform in the first place. The Last Guardian is Playstation top to bottom. Sony has invested money in the team all along. I don't think it is going anywhere other then Playstation.

One can hope though

3. Re: Saturday Consolidation Feb 16, 2013, 14:41 jdreyer

What's the chance that The Last Guardian comes to PC?  

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

2. Re: Saturday Consolidation Feb 16, 2013, 14:35 netnerd85

The PS4 Announcement Will Drop PS3 Prices by 64%
Hoping it drops the Xbox 360 price by way of competition. Would like to play Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts.

Suppose I should finally beat Banjo Tooie on the N64

Best Game Music Ever

1. Re: Saturday Consolidation Feb 16, 2013, 14:23 Agent.X7

I don't think the PS4 announcement is going to drop the PS3 price at all.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo