Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Blood Revival Shelved

A post on The Postmortem has word from former Monolith CEO Jace Hall that hoa proposal to update the original version of Blood to work on modern PCs and other operating systems has been quashed by rights-holder Atari (thanks Polygon). Here's word on the fate of the old-school shooter:

Dear Blood Community:

I just got an unusually short, one sentence e-mail from Atari, letting me know that given the current set of circumstances, they are choosing to decline to proceed.

Obviously, I am disappointed. Particularly given Atari's continued encouragement along with the amount of time, effort and correspondence that I have put into this venture.

The only thing that can be done at this point is to wait and see what happens with ATARI, and hope that they find themselves in a position and mindset to allow my efforts to continue on this matter at a future date.

Tears and Sadness, Jace Hall

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

7. Re: Blood Revival Shelved Feb 15, 2013, 22:50 Jerykk

Not sure why Atari would turn this down. I don't think Hall wanted any funding from them and it's not like Atari is going to do anything with the IP. If anything, this would have reinvigorated the IP and created public awareness of it.

On a side note, I'm not sure why people love Shogo so much. I don't remember it being particularly notable. There were better mech games out at the time (Heavy Gear, Mechwarrior and Earthsiege) and there were better shooters out there too.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Blood Revival Shelved Feb 15, 2013, 22:13 siapnar

Blood 2 was so fun, as far as I remember.

but..

SHOGO 2 is what monolith's gotta make

EDIT: Me n Orphic on the same page

I have projectile dysfunction.

5. Re: Blood Revival Shelved Feb 15, 2013, 22:12 Orphic Resonance

SHOGO!  

4. Re: Blood Revival Shelved Feb 15, 2013, 21:43 nin

Ozmodan wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 21:42:
nin wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 21:36:
Odd that Atari would push the EEs of Baldur's Gate, but not this...

Atari had zip to do with Baldur's Gate. They would have quashed that too. Atari is run by a cauldre of idiots who have driven the company into ruin. They will soon be nonexistent as they have ruined everything thing they have touched and the money from selling off what had any value will soon be gone.

According to steam, they're the publisher.

Also, their logo is here.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

3. Re: Blood Revival Shelved Feb 15, 2013, 21:42 Ozmodan

nin wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 21:36:

Atari had zip to do with Baldur's Gate. They would have quashed that too. Atari is run by a cauldre of idiots who have driven the company into ruin. They will soon be nonexistent as they have ruined everything thing they have touched and the money from selling off what had any value will soon be gone.

2. Re: Blood Revival Shelved Feb 15, 2013, 21:36 nin

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: Blood Revival Shelved Feb 15, 2013, 21:35 ItBurn

Sh*t. F*ck. I'd empty my pockets for this.  

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo