Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Crysis 3 Preorders Soar

In advance of the release of Crysis 3 next week, Electronic Arts announces the shooter sequel has racked up 35% more preorders than Crysis 2:

The countdown to the launch of Crysis 3 has begun! In just four days, Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: EA) and award-winning developer Crytek GmbH will unleash Crysis 3 to gamers worldwide. Anticipation has been building for months, as press and fans praise the gorgeous visuals and unparalleled power of the Nanosuit. More than three million gamers worldwide downloaded the Crysis 3 multiplayer beta propelling pre-orders to new heights, now reaching 35% over Crysis 2. Gamers are also devouring YouTube videos of Prophet, the Nanosuit and the 7 Wonders of the New York Liberty Dome, with more than 16 million video views on the official Crysis YouTube channel.

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: Crysis 3 Preorders Soar Feb 16, 2013, 22:18 nin

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Feb 16, 2013, 22:08:
I'll wait and see if it shows up on Steam too. If not, then I probably won't buy it. Maybe pick it up at a deep discount around Xmas or next year.

I'd be a little surprised if it did. EA seems determined to run itself into obscurity.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Crysis 3 Preorders Soar Feb 16, 2013, 22:08 Wowbagger_TIP

I'll wait and see if it shows up on Steam too. If not, then I probably won't buy it. Maybe pick it up at a deep discount around Xmas or next year.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

18. Re: Crysis 3 Preorders Soar Feb 16, 2013, 15:38 Creston

born2expire wrote on Feb 16, 2013, 01:30:
Creston wrote on Feb 16, 2013, 00:54:
Also, starting February 22 at 11 AM (PST) you made pre-load the game in anticipation of the release on February 26, 2013.

The physical copies go live on the 19th. So this is more EA bullshit to promote Origin. Suddenly I think I just lost all desire for this game for more than 5 bucks. Good job, EA.

Creston

No clue to what your talking about, I bought mine via GMG and I already have a key and it preloaded from Origin, ready to go on the 19th.

The Origin copies go live on the 19th. The Amazon copies go live a week later. Yet the non-download copies sold via Amazon go live the 19th. It's ONLY the download copies that are being delayed by a week. This is EA bullshit to promote Origin.

Creston

17. Re: Crysis 3 Preorders Soar Feb 16, 2013, 12:08 Alamar

Redmask wrote on Feb 16, 2013, 12:00:
Announcement to tell people that yep, people are preordering the game so you should too. I always hate these things, they seem like such a waste of time.

And yet, it works, and the sheep lap it up...

Just like every second game is a game of the year, etc...

-Alamar

16. Re: Crysis 3 Preorders Soar Feb 16, 2013, 12:00 Redmask

Announcement to tell people that yep, people are preordering the game so you should too. I always hate these things, they seem like such a waste of time.  

15. Re: Crysis 3 Preorders Soar Feb 16, 2013, 11:59 RollinThundr

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Feb 16, 2013, 09:36:
Optional Nickname! wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 23:46:
I leave the inferences and implications to your capabilities, Gentle Reader.
EA's boycott of Steam is "actively working against my interests"; releasing it on Steam is not. And if Crysis 3 does get released on Steam then me buying it would send a message to EA that they can't ignore the platform. My point was perfectly clear.

A desktop shortcut from Origin works exactly the same way it does from steam. Just sayin.

14. Re: Crysis 3 Preorders Soar Feb 16, 2013, 11:56 Taskeen

Meh. I'm not pre-ordering anymore games after the 'Crysis' of Aliens: Colonial Marines. Not that I don't like Crysis, the first one was great, and Crysis 3 doesn't look like it'll be suffering from false advertising. I am going to just wait from now on, seeing as I have too many unfinished games as is.  

13. Re: Crysis 3 Preorders Soar Feb 16, 2013, 09:36 theyarecomingforyou

Optional Nickname! wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 23:46:
EA's boycott of Steam is "actively working against my interests"; releasing it on Steam is not. And if Crysis 3 does get released on Steam then me buying it would send a message to EA that they can't ignore the platform. My point was perfectly clear.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

12. Re: Crysis 3 Preorders Soar Feb 16, 2013, 01:30 born2expire

Creston wrote on Feb 16, 2013, 00:54:
Also, starting February 22 at 11 AM (PST) you made pre-load the game in anticipation of the release on February 26, 2013.

The physical copies go live on the 19th. So this is more EA bullshit to promote Origin. Suddenly I think I just lost all desire for this game for more than 5 bucks. Good job, EA.

Creston

No clue to what your talking about, I bought mine via GMG and I already have a key and it preloaded from Origin, ready to go on the 19th.

11. Re: Crysis 3 Preorders Soar Feb 16, 2013, 00:54 Creston

PHJF wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 22:46:
Considering Amazon is giving $20 credit AND Crysis 1 for preordering Crysis 3...

That actually made me want to go pre-order... But then I saw that their download apparently doesn't unlock until a WEEK later.

Creston

10. Re: Crysis 3 Preorders Soar Feb 16, 2013, 00:34 born2expire

Got my new box built, and preordered from greenman, I'm ready for this.

Oh yeah the MP beta was pretty awesome, but I'm actually looking forward to the single player (for once).

9. Re: Crysis 3 Preorders Soar Feb 16, 2013, 00:13 DangerDog

This looks like a good candidate for those "lets play" youtube videos, the repetition of shooting generic aliens and soldiers might induce sleepiness, or coma.

still, very nice looking tech demo they've made.

8. Re: Crysis 3 Preorders Soar Feb 16, 2013, 00:03 Fantaz

I heard you could already pirate the Xbox version. Lets see how fast the PC version gets pirated.  

7. Re: Crysis 3 Preorders Soar Feb 15, 2013, 23:46 Optional Nickname!

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 23:24:

If it's released on Steam then I'll definitely grab it...and then he adds in the same breath... There's no point supporting a company that's actively working against my interests.

6. Re: Crysis 3 Preorders Soar Feb 15, 2013, 23:24 theyarecomingforyou

If it's released on Steam then I'll definitely grab it, as the multiplayer beta was really pretty decent and I enjoyed Crysis 2. I'm fine with Origin but I like to buy all my games on Steam for the community features (taking and sharing screenshots, tracking your in-game time, etc).

If not then I'll pass on it. I passed on BF3, ME3 and DS3 even though I was interested in them and I'll pass on SimCity as well. There's no point supporting a company that's actively working against my interests.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

5. Re: Crysis 3 Preorders Soar Feb 15, 2013, 22:52 Shok

I might consider it but not while it uses origin suckware.  

4. Re: Crysis 3 Preorders Soar Feb 15, 2013, 22:46 PHJF

Considering Amazon is giving $20 credit AND Crysis 1 for preordering Crysis 3...  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

3. Re: Crysis 3 Preorders Soar Feb 15, 2013, 22:36 MajorD

Ray Marden wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 22:25:
Sounds like somebody needs to upgrade - get a 7950 and get this along with Bioshock Infinite for free!
Thinking of it as a $180 GPU upgrade. That you don't need. :o
Having done just that,
Ray

NICE!!!

2. Re: Crysis 3 Preorders Soar Feb 15, 2013, 22:25 Ray Marden

Sounds like somebody needs to upgrade - get a 7950 and get this along with Bioshock Infinite for free!
Thinking of it as a $180 GPU upgrade. That you don't need. :o
Having done just that,
Ray

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

1. Re: Crysis 3 Preorders Soar Feb 15, 2013, 21:48 Creston

They definitely ramped up the hype, that's for sure. I gotta admit it looks pretty cool, and I definitely enjoyed Crysis 2, but I'm still not sure about getting this for 60 bucks...

Creston

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo