Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Star Wars Fighting Game Prototype Footage

This trailer offers a look at a prototype of a Star Wars fighting game that was proposed by Studio Gigante, a developer comprised of former Mortal Kombat developers that created another fighting game called Tao Feng: Fist of the Lotus. They were apparently pitching this as well as a Kill Bill game before they closed up shop in 2005. Thanks Polygon.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Star Wars Fighting Game Prototype Footage Feb 16, 2013, 14:14 Orogogus

Jivaro wrote on Feb 16, 2013, 12:13:
1) Why is Darth Maul not using a double "bladed" saber? I would think the tech demo or *proof of concept* would be exactly when you want to show that.

He does activate the second blade near the end of the video. And in the movie he did use it as a single blade in the first fight. I suppose it could have been proof of concept of switching styles.

Eh. I'm in the camp that thought that Teras Kasi game was awful, and don't see how this would have been any better. Star Wars just isn't a great setting for a fighting game in my opinion.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Star Wars Fighting Game Prototype Footage Feb 16, 2013, 12:13 Jivaro

Dead game so none of this matters but.....

1) Why is Darth Maul not using a double "bladed" saber? I would think the tech demo or *proof of concept* would be exactly when you want to show that.

2) A dedicated fighting game like this would suck because one does not simply get hit multiple times by a lightsaber. It tends to be a one cut:fight over type of deal. I am not trying to play the "realism" card in a sci-fi action fighting game...just saying...lightsabers become dramatically less badass when someone can take repeated blows to the head from one and still have a head. This is why that "Clone Wars: Lightsaber Duels" game is $4.99 at Gamestop, I would imagine.

3) I will say this though....watching Anakin get his ass kicked was slightly rewarding.

This particular game looks rather shoddy, but despite my criticisms we all know a well made one with plenty of *shiny*, maybe some voice acting done by the actual actors, and the "Star Wars" brand would sell like crazy.

7. Re: Star Wars Fighting Game Prototype Footage Feb 16, 2013, 04:01 Fantaz

A Star Wars fighter like this should've been made... I would buy it!  

6. Re: Star Wars Fighting Game Prototype Footage Feb 16, 2013, 01:55 nin

TangledThorns wrote on Feb 16, 2013, 01:18:
nin wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 21:37:
Holy Masters of Teräs Käsi, Batman!

Teräs Käsi was a awesomely under rated game. I spent lots of time playing against my brother on it.

I only played the demo on a PS disc, but it didn't seem horrible. Not outstanding, but for it's time I never understood why it was hated as much as it was. Except for the whole lore thing of Luke and Han or whoever in the ring beating the shit out of each other.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

5. Re: Star Wars Fighting Game Prototype Footage Feb 16, 2013, 01:18 TangledThorns

nin wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 21:37:

Teräs Käsi was a awesomely under rated game. I spent lots of time playing against my brother on it.

4. Re: Star Wars Fighting Game Prototype Footage Feb 15, 2013, 23:49 eRe4s3r

Indeed, certainly no shortage of terrible games made by developers who really should try PLAYING their god damn own game and ask themselves one question, "Is this fun?".. bah  

3. Re: Star Wars Fighting Game Prototype Footage Feb 15, 2013, 23:32 entr0py

Of all the terrible games that have been made in the last 8 years, it's good to know a few of them weren't.  

2. Re: Star Wars Fighting Game Prototype Footage Feb 15, 2013, 22:40 Trevellian

Tao Feng actually wasn't that bad back in the day... This just looks absolutely terrible though.  

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Tahyang in ArcheAge

1. Re: Star Wars Fighting Game Prototype Footage Feb 15, 2013, 21:37 nin

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo