Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Consolidation

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 16, 2013, 15:44 killer_roach

Creston wrote on Feb 16, 2013, 15:42:
That's not backwards compatibility, that's called "Having a work-around."

10 bucks says you'll still have to PAY to play your "Backwards compatible" games.

Creston

It'll probably require a PSN+ subscription. Already have this, so it's a moot point, but still...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 16, 2013, 15:42 Creston

That's not backwards compatibility, that's called "Having a work-around."

10 bucks says you'll still have to PAY to play your "Backwards compatible" games.

Creston

6. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 16, 2013, 07:40 SimplyMonk

Silicon Avatar wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 23:57:
Sounds interesting. I worry a little about latency issues, but I guess we'll see.

Every game I would want to play on the PS2 or PS1, mostly RPGs, I don't think would be that bad with latency.

5. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 16, 2013, 00:21 mag

"You want to play the games you already own on this thing?! Hahahahano. Pay again."  

4. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 15, 2013, 23:57 Silicon Avatar

Sounds interesting. I worry a little about latency issues, but I guess we'll see.  

3. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 15, 2013, 23:48 NKD

Ozmodan wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 21:46:
Streaming old games from the cloud won't solve compatibility problems unless these old games have been redone to run on x86 cpus. They will probably include the old cpu in ps4 for a while just like they did with the ps3.

...what? In this scenario, the game is actually running on some virtualized PS/PS2/whatever in a datacenter, and you are being streamed the video.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

2. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 15, 2013, 22:14 Orphic Resonance

Ozmodan wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 21:46:
Streaming old games from the cloud won't solve compatibility problems unless these old games have been redone to run on x86 cpus. They will probably include the old cpu in ps4 for a while just like they did with the ps3.

you better get on the phone to Sony and let em know whats up!

1. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 15, 2013, 21:46 Ozmodan

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo