Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Assassin's Creed 3 Patched

The Ubisoft Forums offer details on a new patch that's now available for Assassin's Creed 3 to update the stealth/action sequel to version 1.03 (thanks Computer and Video Games). The new version includes some fixes and changes while also paving the way for the upcoming release of The Tyranny of King Washington DLC for the game. They also have a note for players experiencing PunkBuster problems in the game on how to try to clear these up. Here are the patch notes:

We’ve just launched another patch for Assassin’s Creed III which repairs a few remaining single-player issues, many known multiplayer issues and prepares the game data for the release of our first single-player DLC: The Tyranny of King Washington: The Infamy!

NOTE: If you are a PC player and encounter incompatibility with Punkbuster, please see the following link for details on how to manually update Punkbuster: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...ch-1-03-Forums
If problems persist, please refer to this thread for updates:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...=1#post8922341

SINGLE-PLAYER
SEQUENCE

• Fixed a potential crash in mission “Bridewell Prison” when trying to skip cinematic with Mason.

BUG FIX

• Fixed a bug preventing the creation of new Uplay accounts
  • Removed the ability to hide pivots during pass-throughs and cinematics

DLC PREPARATION

• Added support for “Tyranny of King Washington: The Infamy”
  • Fixed potential game data corruption when a DLC download ends while the player is in-game.

MULTIPLAYER
MODES

• In Wolfpack, a target doesn’t remain stuck on the ground if the player hosting the game leaves while another player is joining at the same time.
  • In Wolfpack, some targets that were not visible to players under certain conditions can now be seen correctly.
  • In Wolfpack, the radar is not broken under certain conditions anymore.
  • In Artifact Assault, Team members can now correctly score when the initial artifact carrier gets killed under certain conditions.
  • In Deathmatch, players no longer have lookalikes NPCs unless they use abilities that create lookalikes.
  • In Deathmatch, the game no longer crashes in the New York brewery map for a player who used a Decoy while hiding in a group.
  • Some players are no longer stuck in rematch after completing a Simple Deathmatch session on the Saint Pierre map.

LADDERS

• Some ladder issues when players left a session during the first minute have been corrected.
  • Ladders now update properly upon a full group kick.

GRAPHICAL GLITCHES

• The Independent’s hair when she wears the Wild Cat costume now displays correctly.
  • The Strong Man’s white costume, alternative costume and warrior costume now display properly when hiding in a group.

PLATFORM SPECIFIC

• On Xbox 360, the Uplay icon and unlock conditions for unlockables redeemed via Uplay have been restored.
  • Loyalty unlocks are now available on PC.

MISC.

• Character customization is no longer reset under certain conditions.
  • The Wipe ability now correctly works from a distance.
  • The timer now properly starts and players can interact with each other prior to the host getting into the session.
  • Sound will properly keep playing when trying to watch a video under certain conditions.
  • An error message now displays when players attempt to watch DLC videos without having the DLC installed.
  • Chasebreakers in the Animus Core map now correctly reopen for team mates.
  • Players are no longer stuck on leaving game session screen under certain circumstances.
  • When you create a group in a private game, that group now stays the same through different sessions.

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: Assassin's Creed 3 Patched Feb 15, 2013, 18:42 Creston

peteham wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 18:36:
And as far as the ending goes, it was every bit as lame as Mass Effect's. The only reason one created an uproar and the other didn't, is that at least in AC's case, there was never the expectation of being able to affect anything.

That's part of it, but there's a much, MUCH bigger issue there that you're ignoring.

Nobody gave two shits about Desmond. (spoiler) So him dying at the end doesn't bother anybody in the slightest.

People who loved Mass Effect CARED about what would happen to Shepard, and to Garrus, and to Wrex, and to Tali, and to Liara, etc. And in the initial version, they got nothing. No closure, zilch. (it's not that much better in the Extended Cut. One picture per character, but it's more than there was initially.)

Had I given two shits about Desmond, the ending would have pissed me off far more than it did. As it is, I was more like "wow, really? That's how you end it after making me sit through this horseshit for FIVE fucking games??"

Really the only thing that pissed me off was that I wasn't even offered the choice. The cutscene made the choice for me.

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Assassin's Creed 3 Patched Feb 15, 2013, 18:36 peteham

Watter wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 16:10:
NegaDeath wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 15:51:
I never liked the Desmond stuff. I'm too much of a nerd to get past the idea that they have a machine that lets you perfectly remember and experience what your ancestor had for supper on a Tuesday centuries ago. Blah blah suspension of disbelief yada yada. Its wrong!
I'm totally in that camp as well. I'd have been happier with the series if the Desmond aspect was completely gone. I think it might have even been more compelling to have progressively built up the history and mystery of the templar and assassin factions as the series progress through the ages rather than starting with the contemporary time as they did.
Heh I'm more or less the opposite of that. There were times during Brotherhood and Revelations in particular, where I really wanted to get on with the "now" story rather than going back in the Animus. Sadly, Desmond's screentime wasn't that well handled, and the missions in AC3 were a joke. The Desmond-bits I enjoyed the most through the whole series were really the conversations in AC1, and running around empty Monteriggioni at night in AC2 and Brotherhood. Great atmosphere and music..

As for my ordering of the games, it goes something like this:

AC2
AC2: Brotherhood
AC2: Revelations
AC1
AC3

I know I can't really objectively defend AC3's position behind AC1 there, but yeah, it really felt regressive. The entire game has a certain feel of being made by different ubisoft branches, then crudely stitched together in the name of boxticking. Boxticking also describes the overall gameplay. There is so much filler and so little actual content, it's ridiculous. In many ways it feels like a return to the investigation missions you had to undertake in AC1 before you could go on with the story. But at least AC1 had the benefit of being new, as well as reasonably innovative/fresh when it first came out, even though it fell far short of its potential and original vision. Does anyone remember the early AC1 trailers, that made a big deal about how you could distract guards by throwing a corpse into the street etc? That whole part of the game seems to have disappeared more and more with every game, to the point where in AC3, I just walked through the front door and killed everything, pressing counterattack to win all the way... It didn't help that any time you tried to be sneaky, move around a road block or whatever, the game would slap you in the face with an invisible wall (RETURN TO MISSION AREA!!!!) or STAY IN RANGE OF TARGET!!11 or CONNOR DIDN'T KILL LIVESTOCK. Gah.

Speaking of Connor, he has to be the most boring main characters ever. Whether that's the fault of the writers or the voice actor, I'm not entirely sure. Collaborative effort, perhaps. And as far as the ending goes, it was every bit as lame as Mass Effect's. The only reason one created an uproar and the other didn't, is that at least in AC's case, there was never the expectation of being able to affect anything.

17. Re: Assassin's Creed 3 Patched Feb 15, 2013, 16:10 Watter

NegaDeath wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 15:51:
I never liked the Desmond stuff. I'm too much of a nerd to get past the idea that they have a machine that lets you perfectly remember and experience what your ancestor had for supper on a Tuesday centuries ago. Blah blah suspension of disbelief yada yada. Its wrong!
I'm totally in that camp as well. I'd have been happier with the series if the Desmond aspect was completely gone. I think it might have even been more compelling to have progressively built up the history and mystery of the templar and assassin factions as the series progress through the ages rather than starting with the contemporary time as they did.

16. Re: Assassin's Creed 3 Patched Feb 15, 2013, 16:05 saluk

MajorD wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 15:46:
Creston wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 12:56:
MajorD wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 11:15:
Creston wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 10:52:
When it started downloading a 2 frikking GIG update, I figured that was the DLC. But nope, it's just a "patch"...

Creston

I figured I'd try another 3rd person game again, so I picked-up Assassin’s Creed for about $7 on Amazon. I've enjoyed for a while, but it seemed to become very repetitive. So, that leads me to my question of AC3; is it any good, or pretty much the same repetition?

The first AC is really repetitive, yeah. The setting is cool, but it's all so samey samey. AC3 isn't really repetitive, as you're doing a ton of different things, but it's chock full of kinda pointless side-stuff.

AC2 is (imo) the best one in the series, and if you like it, Brotherhood is an excellent continuation.

I'd rank them as follows:

AC2
AC: Brotherhood
AC3
AC: Revelation
AC1

Creston

Excellent! Thanks for the information, I appreciate it.

Cheers,
MD

I haven't played ac3 yet but I'm some ways through revelation and I totally agree with the ranking. For such a solid engine and pretty enjoyable basic game systems it blows my mind why these games have so much darn padding. They would be EXCELLENT with just a bit less annoying fluff. As is they are merely mediocre to good.

15. Re: Assassin's Creed 3 Patched Feb 15, 2013, 15:51 NegaDeath

Verno wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 15:04:
AC3 is weird, it's actually regressive in some ways, some of the features and things fixed or optimized in Brotherhood/Revelations are annoying again in 3. I feel like the Desmond framing story was always something weighing down the series unnecessarily too, they could have come up with a simpler way to insert people into ancient time periods.

14. Re: Assassin's Creed 3 Patched Feb 15, 2013, 15:46 MajorD

Creston wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 12:56:
When it started downloading a 2 frikking GIG update, I figured that was the DLC. But nope, it's just a "patch"...

Creston

I figured I'd try another 3rd person game again, so I picked-up Assassin’s Creed for about $7 on Amazon. I've enjoyed for a while, but it seemed to become very repetitive. So, that leads me to my question of AC3; is it any good, or pretty much the same repetition?

The first AC is really repetitive, yeah. The setting is cool, but it's all so samey samey. AC3 isn't really repetitive, as you're doing a ton of different things, but it's chock full of kinda pointless side-stuff.

AC2 is (imo) the best one in the series, and if you like it, Brotherhood is an excellent continuation.

AC2
AC3
AC1

Creston

Excellent! Thanks for the information, I appreciate it.

Cheers,
MD

13. Re: Assassin's Creed 3 Patched Feb 15, 2013, 15:04 necrosis

Creston
WTF? 2GB?

12. Re: Assassin's Creed 3 Patched Feb 15, 2013, 15:04 Verno

The Half Elf wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 14:10:
PHJF wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 11:23:
Assassin's Creed 2 is light years better than Assassin's Creed.

What PHJF said. The get progressively better with exception of AC3 which is somewhere between AC 1 and 2 for me.

AC3 is weird, it's actually regressive in some ways, some of the features and things fixed or optimized in Brotherhood/Revelations are annoying again in 3. I feel like the Desmond framing story was always something weighing down the series unnecessarily too, they could have come up with a simpler way to insert people into ancient time periods.

This comment was edited on Feb 15, 2013, 15:11.

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

11. Re: Assassin's Creed 3 Patched Feb 15, 2013, 14:10 The Half Elf

PHJF wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 11:23:

What PHJF said. The get progressively better with exception of AC3 which is somewhere between AC 1 and 2 for me.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

10. Re: Assassin's Creed 3 Patched Feb 15, 2013, 13:08 Acleacius

Yikes, another game ubsoft forces punkbuster into.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

9. Re: Assassin's Creed 3 Patched Feb 15, 2013, 12:56 Creston

Creston

AC2
AC3
AC1

Creston

8. Re: Assassin's Creed 3 Patched Feb 15, 2013, 12:49 MajorD

Good to know. Thanks for all the feedback folks.

7. Re: Assassin's Creed 3 Patched Feb 15, 2013, 11:25 Cutter

Yep, I didn't like the original AC but loved all the subsequent ones.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

6. Re: Assassin's Creed 3 Patched Feb 15, 2013, 11:23 NegaDeath

Assassins Creed? As in the first one? Everyone pretty much agrees with your assessment of that one, Assassins Creed 2 was a huge improvement when it comes to repetition and subsequent games carried that on. Its one of the best sequels ever made. If you care about the story you might want to do AC2, Brotherhood and Revelations first.

5. Re: Assassin's Creed 3 Patched Feb 15, 2013, 11:23 PHJF

Steam + PSN: PHJF

4. Re: Assassin's Creed 3 Patched Feb 15, 2013, 11:15 MajorD

Creston

3. Re: Assassin's Creed 3 Patched Feb 15, 2013, 11:00 MajorD

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 10:56:
Fixed a bug preventing the creation of new Uplay accounts

That's not a bug, that's a feature... *duck*

Rotfl

2. Re: Assassin's Creed 3 Patched Feb 15, 2013, 10:56 eRe4s3r

Fixed a bug preventing the creation of new Uplay accounts

That's not a bug, that's a feature... *duck*

1. Re: Assassin's Creed 3 Patched Feb 15, 2013, 10:52 Creston

Creston

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo