Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

StarCraft II Patch Plans

The StarCraft II Website has details on a new version 2.0.4 patch that's on the way for StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty, saying this is due within a few days. This will include a bunch of enhancements Blizzard says will also be part of the imminent release of the Heart of the Swarm expansion on March 12th. Here's the outline of what this is about:

• An all-new user interface with new menu screens.
  • The launch of in-game Clans and Groups.
  • New Replay features, such as Watch with Others and Take Command.
  • A multitude of Editor improvements.
  • New matchmaking options: Training Mode, Vs. AI Mode, and Unranked Play.
  • All-new AI Options, including AI Communication.
  • Players Near You, so you can find other StarCraft II players on your local network.
  • New customizable Observer UI.

View
31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

11. Re: StarCraft II Patch Plans Feb 15, 2013, 10:14 InBlack

Xero wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 10:07:
As sad as it may be, Starcraft 2 may be Blizzard's last "old" school title. When I say that, I mean in that it's their last title that will be treat like an old Blizzard game. Pay once to play everything. Consistent updates and features added within the updates and worthy expansions to continue the life and replayability of the game for years. But the expansions aren't WoW style of beating a dead horse to hell and back and then back to hell.
I like SC2 as far as it's old school style made a bit fresher for today's standards but it's true that with all the new ideas in RTS, it does play very old style. This isn't entirely bad though because a lot of the new stuff doesn't always play better than the old. My perfect game or last game that I want Blizzard to make before I die is Warcraft 4 direct continuation from Warcraft 3 in terms of gameplay style. I enjoyed the hell out of the hero/RTS mix and the online gaming lasted years and years for me and my buddy 2v2 up the ladder. If they could bring back Warcraft 4 with modern day graphics, I would be in heaven for a lil while. But the direction Blizzard has gone, I see no hope for anything good anymore. SC2 really was the last I think, that is even despite a lot of hate it gets as well.

I would agree with this statement with regards to Starcraft2. SC2's development was started waaay back in prehistory and this is why it has retained that elusive Blizzard quality. Its actually SC 1.5 and that is a good thing. I purchased SC2 and did not regret it, it was exactly what I expected it would be, although Battle.net 2.0 dissapointed big time.

Warcraft4 at this point is wishful thinking.

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: StarCraft II Patch Plans Feb 15, 2013, 10:09 RollinThundr

Verno wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 09:55:
Generals was a great RTS, nice mix of arcadey feel with traditional RTS mechanics. I loved that game, you could be such an asshole in MP, it was a grand time

It really was, in my mind the last truly great C&C title to come out of the remnants of what was Westwood now EALA.

9. Re: StarCraft II Patch Plans Feb 15, 2013, 10:07 Xero

As sad as it may be, Starcraft 2 may be Blizzard's last "old" school title. When I say that, I mean in that it's their last title that will be treat like an old Blizzard game. Pay once to play everything. Consistent updates and features added within the updates and worthy expansions to continue the life and replayability of the game for years. But the expansions aren't WoW style of beating a dead horse to hell and back and then back to hell.
I like SC2 as far as it's old school style made a bit fresher for today's standards but it's true that with all the new ideas in RTS, it does play very old style. This isn't entirely bad though because a lot of the new stuff doesn't always play better than the old. My perfect game or last game that I want Blizzard to make before I die is Warcraft 4 direct continuation from Warcraft 3 in terms of gameplay style. I enjoyed the hell out of the hero/RTS mix and the online gaming lasted years and years for me and my buddy 2v2 up the ladder. If they could bring back Warcraft 4 with modern day graphics, I would be in heaven for a lil while. But the direction Blizzard has gone, I see no hope for anything good anymore. SC2 really was the last I think, that is even despite a lot of hate it gets as well.

Currently playing: Skyrim

8. Re: StarCraft II Patch Plans Feb 15, 2013, 09:55 Verno

Generals was a great RTS, nice mix of arcadey feel with traditional RTS mechanics. I loved that game, you could be such an asshole in MP, it was a grand time  

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

7. Re: StarCraft II Patch Plans Feb 15, 2013, 09:52 RollinThundr

Optional nickname wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 09:26:
Blues, can we please get news on the status of Generals2? I don't like how news of that epic sequel is in the dark around here. I've blacklisted Blizzard.

Considering C&C Generals and it's expansion Zero Hour is my favorite RTS of all time and considering EAWare has decided to make the sequel browser based and full of suck, I'm not sure I want to hear news. I doubt it's going to be any good.

6. Re: StarCraft II Patch Plans Feb 15, 2013, 09:47 Optional nickname

point taken , and believe me that I would take a flame throw to that place (EA), however, I will still give that game a chance, and if it leaves a bad taste in my mouth the way Diablo3 did, then I'll just have to wait for the next great games, which will be Leisure suit Larry from Al Lowe's Kickstarter fund, oh and Defense Grid 2, oh and PoE when that opens finally, not interested to play the open beta, I can wait for the final on that one.

The era of big game publishing is over folks, so bean counting game makers, packup and go home, your time is over. My kids are being taught to create artistic/gaming/programming expressions, and to teach value, integrity, to win the hearts and minds of all future generation of gamers, that will one day look back at disbelief, at the disintegration of giants that was EA, Activision, Blizzard, Time Warner, Fox , etc etc.

This comment was edited on Feb 15, 2013, 09:53.

5. Re: StarCraft II Patch Plans Feb 15, 2013, 09:43 InBlack

Blizzard will always hold a dear place in my heart. The pre Acti-merger Blizzard that is, the one that built games for gamers and didnt want to skull fuck its customers into giving it cash for mediocre gimmicky titles...

I have a nifty blue line!

4. Re: StarCraft II Patch Plans Feb 15, 2013, 09:33 dj LiTh

Blues, can we please get news on the status of Generals2? I don't like how news of that epic sequel is in the dark around here. I've blacklisted Blizzard.

You've blacklisted blizzard but not that EA free2play epic failure in the making?

3. Re: StarCraft II Patch Plans Feb 15, 2013, 09:32 nin

If you got news, send it in.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

2. Re: StarCraft II Patch Plans Feb 15, 2013, 09:28 Verno

Are clans and groups just for SC2 or b.net wide? The lack of that feature for SC2 and D3 was always puzzling, it seemed like a no brainer if you're going to cut chat channels (yes I know they put them back).  

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

1. Re: StarCraft II Patch Plans Feb 15, 2013, 09:26 Optional nickname

31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo