Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Tech Bits

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 16, 2013, 05:51 Julio

dj LiTh wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 20:47:
What win 9 will look like? Here's a insider hint....like win 8!

I think Win 9 will be even worse and only offer two big buttons per screen that are touch only without mouse support.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Cinnamon Desktop... Feb 15, 2013, 23:23 LittleMe

Here's a decent review of Cinnamon desktop.

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/11/linux-mint-14-with-cinnamon-desktop-review

I'm not sure but I think Fedora 18 was not one of the better releases and had problems..? I forget now. That's the thing, linux distributions are always in flux.

Perpetual debt is slavery.

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 15, 2013, 20:47 dj LiTh

DukeFNukem wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 17:17:
Hey Microsoft,

It's too bad Windows 7 isn't actually a human being. Then you could hire a professional hitman and just take Windows 7 out right now to try and force your pathetic new tablet operating system on everybody. As it is you gotta wait a few more days and that's gonna hurt sales of Windows 8 fo shizzle.

Im still on 7, staying on 7 until at least I have an idea of what Windows 9 UI will look like, and loving it!!!!

What win 9 will look like? Here's a insider hint....like win 8!

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 15, 2013, 17:17 DukeFNukem

Hey Microsoft,

It's too bad Windows 7 isn't actually a human being. Then you could hire a professional hitman and just take Windows 7 out right now to try and force your pathetic new tablet operating system on everybody. As it is you gotta wait a few more days and that's gonna hurt sales of Windows 8 fo shizzle.

Im still on 7, staying on 7 until at least I have an idea of what Windows 9 UI will look like, and loving it!!!!

Just because you aren't afraid of something doesn't it mean it can't kill you...

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 15, 2013, 17:12 nin

FTA:

Hopefully most had the foresight to move all the way to Windows 7 Service Pack 1, or later. That version of the operating system will enjoy much more life before being shut off. Microsoft's Stephen Rose points out "mainstream support continuing until January 13, 2015, and extended support continuing until January 14, 2020".

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 15, 2013, 17:08 Julio

I'm sure Microsoft will do their best to shut down Win 7 as soon as they can. No other reason to downgrade to Win 8.  

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo