Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Video Teases Preorders for Unannounced Game

This trailer takes the buying a pig-in-a-poke principle to a whole new level, as it teases an unannounced game, and concludes offering discounted pre-purchases on the 11 bit studios website. The clip shows a frozen, perhaps future environment, along with the following hype: "The most refined. The most stunning. The most challenging game experience from 11 bit studios." Preorders are 50% off the game's USD $14.99 regular price until February 28th, when more details on what this is about will be revealed. Word is those who pre-purchase will get a Steam key when the game is officially available (release date TBD, estimated to be Q2 of this year), access to the game's multiplayer beta next month, as well as a "secret gift." This page includes a FAQ, explaining how to deal with this if you don't appreciate the mystery: "If you're not sure whether you're willing to pay for the game, we ask that you please just wait until we actually announce it. Sure, you'll pay full price, but this deal is for those brave souls who are willing to jump into the abyss with us and take a chance on a mystery."

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 14, 2013, 18:31 Rigs

netnerd85 wrote on Feb 14, 2013, 16:14:
Who are all these people with too much money?

I'm sayin'...send them my way, I got a ton of games for sale and no takers for months...

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Video Teases Preorders for Unannounced Game Feb 14, 2013, 16:14 netnerd85

Who are all these people with too much money?  

10. Re: Video Teases Preorders for Unannounced Game Feb 14, 2013, 12:50 Dev

Looks like they did Anomaly Warzone Earth, which is a sorta reverse tower defense game that I've previously purchased and enjoyed.

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 14, 2013, 12:07:
I think their first and foremost problem will be that payment providers don't take kindly to such... mystery sale things. In fact, paypal specifically forbids it. So I am actually a bit surprised they offer paypal there.. maybe they got permission.. I hope they do.. otherwise.. well.. paypal is very anal about this kind of stuff.
More likely no one has reported it yet, and when someone does they will get their paypal frozen and all the funds frozen as well. Its probably a good thing they have alternative payment already in place.

Edit: The bad news its humble bundle's paypal account which is being used.

This comment was edited on Feb 14, 2013, 12:56.

9. Re: Video Teases Preorders for Unannounced Game Feb 14, 2013, 12:42 Omni

I just pre-order 2 copies cause it makes sense doing that to games nowadays.  

8. Re: Video Teases Preorders for Unannounced Game Feb 14, 2013, 12:07 eRe4s3r

I think their first and foremost problem will be that payment providers don't take kindly to such... mystery sale things. In fact, paypal specifically forbids it. So I am actually a bit surprised they offer paypal there.. maybe they got permission.. I hope they do.. otherwise.. well.. paypal is very anal about this kind of stuff.  

7. Re: Video Teases Preorders for Unannounced Game Feb 14, 2013, 11:43 Verno

Fair enough but I think your comparison is pretty much apples and oranges. Oh well, if other people want to throw money at this then its their bling, I just don't think it's a smart precedent in this industry. I'm weary of even traditional crowdfunding methods, let's see some results from the first round.  

Playing: Dark Souls 2
Watching: Legends, Intruders, Apocalypse Now

6. Re: Video Teases Preorders for Unannounced Game Feb 14, 2013, 11:33 Alamar

Verno wrote on Feb 14, 2013, 10:17:
Alamar wrote on Feb 14, 2013, 10:03:
Verno wrote on Feb 14, 2013, 09:37:
So..gambling basically? Weird.

If you like ALL their other games, is it?

It's hard to say because we don't know if this game is like all their other games

Let's go back to a time before Blizzard garnered tons of hatred...

If they had pulled something like this, they would have made millions of sales...

And personally, I think that, the smaller the studio, the more likely their games will have similar feel/humor/etc... Even across genre's. As an example, if this were the Trine developers (I also liked Shadowgrounds)... I might throw money at them sight unseen...

-Alamar

5. Re: Video Teases Preorders for Unannounced Game Feb 14, 2013, 10:17 Verno

Alamar wrote on Feb 14, 2013, 10:03:

It's hard to say because we don't know if this game is like all their other games

4. Re: Video Teases Preorders for Unannounced Game Feb 14, 2013, 10:03 Alamar

Personally, I couldn't pass up a sale like that, even though I've never seen their games... : )

-Alamar

3. Re: Video Teases Preorders for Unannounced Game Feb 14, 2013, 09:53 ASeven

Pretty much. I think these guys got the wrong idea from other crowdfunding sites and plans.

2. Re: Video Teases Preorders for Unannounced Game Feb 14, 2013, 09:43 Beamer

Moreso than even Kickstarter.

Likely Anomaly: Korea. A Tower Defense game.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

1. Re: Video Teases Preorders for Unannounced Game Feb 14, 2013, 09:37 Verno

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.