Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Safety Dance

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 14, 2013, 19:56 Tom

RollinThundr wrote on Feb 14, 2013, 18:56:
Blame the person not the gun, not the video game, not fucking culture of all things. We don't have a gun problem we have a stupidity problem.

There are stupid and crazy people all over the world. Bad things happen when you give these people relatively easy access to guns. They cause more serious problems than their counterparts who don't have that access. Not everyone can be bothered to get their hands on stuff like sarin gas. But guns? They're all over the place in the US. Easy!

So... Stupid? Crazy? Want to go on a rampage and then blow your head off? Pretty easy in the US. Not so easy in many other countries. The conclusion seems pretty obvious to me.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 14, 2013, 18:56 RollinThundr

Saboth wrote on Feb 14, 2013, 18:39:
I love all these politicians pushing for video game studies. Not only does scientific studies thus far support no link between long term violence and video games, but anecdotal evidence (and common sense) does not support it either. With sales in the billions, and 60-70% of Americans playing video games, wouldn't we be dealing with hundreds of mass shootings on a daily basis? Wouldn't Japan have hundreds of thousands of people dying on a daily basis? Why is no one pushing for gun studies? Interestingly enough, when the government started doing studies based on gun violence, by the CDC, the results were pretty telling. So incriminating, that the NRA instantly pushed for politicians to cut funding for those studies and basically for over 10 years now, our government has been forbidden to do studies on gun violence.

I hate all these politicians looking for something to blame other than the people who actually commit the crimes. Either its video games, or "gun culture" whatever the fuck new buzz word that shit is.

Blame the person not the gun, not the video game, not fucking culture of all things. We don't have a gun problem we have a stupidity problem.

2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 14, 2013, 18:39 Saboth

I love all these politicians pushing for video game studies. Not only does scientific studies thus far support no link between long term violence and video games, but anecdotal evidence (and common sense) does not support it either. With sales in the billions, and 60-70% of Americans playing video games, wouldn't we be dealing with hundreds of mass shootings on a daily basis? Wouldn't Japan have hundreds of thousands of people dying on a daily basis? Why is no one pushing for gun studies? Interestingly enough, when the government started doing studies based on gun violence, by the CDC, the results were pretty telling. So incriminating, that the NRA instantly pushed for politicians to cut funding for those studies and basically for over 10 years now, our government has been forbidden to do studies on gun violence.  

1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 14, 2013, 14:37 jdreyer

Emergency Alert System devices vulnerable to hacker attacks, researchers say.

YA THINK???

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo