Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Path of Exile Patched

The Path of Exile Website has patch notes for a new version 0.10.1 update that's now live in the beta of Grinding Gears' action/RPG (thanks Wowbagger_TIP). The new version adds new features and content along with bug fixes and balance changes. Here are the patch notes:

Version 0.10.1
Features/Content:

• All skill gems and support gems have received new art.
  • The 3d artwork for many shields has been substantially updated and improved.
  • Overhauled most of the sound effects so that they use pitch and volume variations to avoid being repetitive.
  • Added new music for the Act Three boss fight.
  • Improved all of the Duelist's animations.
  • The Unique bow Death's Harp now has a particle effect for its custom art.
  • Updated and shrunk the visual size of Frenzy, Endurance and Power charges.
  • Added magic-only skeletons for the Map necro boss that can raise magic monsters.
  • Pressing the alt (or highlight) key in trade while hovering an item now says "item level" rather than "level" to make it clearer.
  • On-hit effects can now apply even if they deal no damage.
  • Renamed "Angel Kite Shield" to "Angelic Kite Shield".
  • Overhauled the zombie audio.
  • Improved blood effects.
  • Continued to incrementally improve the art, effects, environments and sound.

End-game Map Changes:

• Added 11 new types of Maps: Arsenal, Arcade, Ghetto, Promenade, Temple, Colonnade, Bazaar,
  • Crematorium, Precinct, Shipyard and Shrine.
  • Map progression now extends to area level 77.
  • Maps which had the same level topologies as other maps now have their own new layouts.
  • The Labyrinthine mod now provides a more consistent increase in maps and is comparable to the Massive mod on applicable maps.
  • Some existing maps have had their bosses changed or reworked.
  • Some recipes for upgrading maps produce a different map than they did previously.

Balance Changes:

• Stun Threshold Reduction now has diminishing returns when it exceeds 75%. It's still possible to build very effective stun characters, but they cannot permanently lock down the hardest of bosses.
  • Increased the non-percentage Armour values on item mods to be the same as Evasion.
  • Boss totems now do more damage with Spark.
  • Increased the damage that Perpetus deals with Ethereal Knives.

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed a bug where monsters affected by the Energy Shield aura would get too much Energy Shield in multiplayer games.
  • Fixed a bug with where social status messages could wrap around incorrectly.
  • Fixed a bug where players could not right click offline players on the friends list.
  • Fixed a bug where the Stun Threshold Reduction on Mortem Morsu was not limited to just attacks by that weapon.
  • Fixed a server crash related to currency items.
  • Fixed a server crash that would occur involving Bear Traps.
  • If you have a full microtransaction stash and purchase an additional microtransaction, a new microtransaction tab will now be added. This currently only works if you are not logged into the game client at the time. The addition of microtransaction stashes while you are logged in will be fixed in a future patch.

If you like this patch, please feel free to support us!

Thanks again for the great feedback and support. We couldn't do it without you guys.

View
44 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

4. Re: Path of Exile Patched Feb 13, 2013, 13:10 Verno

Axis wrote on Feb 13, 2013, 12:59:
Nice try saving face Verno

At least you finally admitted the truth in a round-about way despite knowing I was right all along about virtually everything I've bothered to post...

People were posting and talking about POE before you even registered here, you're the not first person to say good or bad things about it or show an interest. I didn't care for the game before, you get all uppity and hostile. I like what they've done with it since, you get all smug and ridiculous. In the adult world, I make up my own mind about games, I don't let some passive aggressive fanboy who bears a grudge over a months old disagreement do it for me

Now are you going to derail this and every other ARPG thread with personal attacks and make me put you back on ignore or can we move on like adults? We don't agree about some videogames, life moves on. I really don't know/care anything about you beyond that you love this game, I just want to have normal forum discussion without craziness.

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Path of Exile Patched Feb 13, 2013, 12:59 Axis

Nice try saving face Verno.

At least you finally admitted the truth in a round-about way despite knowing I was right all along about virtually everything I've bothered to post...

Yours truly,

Axis

2. Re: Path of Exile Patched Feb 13, 2013, 12:45 Verno

A friend of mine asked me to revisit last week, it's been awhile so I was interested to see what they accomplished while I was playing other stuff.

Very impressive improvements overall, they really fleshed out many of the weaker areas of the game and it feels like a more complete and professional experience now. You can see how much their design methodology has grown in Act 3, it's noticably better than the other two acts. Hardcore is a ton of fun, though the desyncs make caution the order of the day for melee classes. They made some serious balance changes since the last time I played but were careful not to nullify existing builds by being too radical. That's something Blizzard notably failed at doing. Itemization and character customization are still the most compelling areas of the game and it's nice to see that they've taken it a bit further rather than scale it back for more mass appeal. I don't know if it's just my imagination too but map drops seem to be increased too which was nice.

I think it was the first night where I played POE without getting booted to the login screen unexpectedly, nice to see server stability and instance uptime increasing. Blood Magic still seems too powerful, revoking a resource to manage with little downside is huge for so many builds. I do hope they'll be able to hire another animator and revisit some of the hit feedback sometime, game still feels really clunky there. Also I'm pretty sure none of my characters still possess any pants, some graphical options there would be nice

Anyways credit where credit is due, well done Grinding Gear.

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

1. Re: Path of Exile Patched Feb 13, 2013, 12:24 Axis

Yep!  

Yours truly,

Axis

44 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo