Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Aliens: Colonial Marines Patched

Gearbox Software Support offers details on a patch for the PC edition of Aliens: Colonial Marines that's now automatically available through Steam. This offers a number of single-player and multiplayer bug-fixes, as outlined in this change list:

General

• General user interface improvements.
  • Various performance improvements.
  • Fixed issue where a door may not function properly if a Xeno was killed while opening it.
  • Addressed issue where players could become stuck in a close encounter after killing a Lurker that had pounced them.
  • Fixed collision issue where bullets would not pass through certain open doorways.

• Fixed an issue related to clients incorrectly interrupting Xeno melee encounters.
  • Addressed an issue where doors would sometimes not open properly.
  • Addressed an exploit where players could melee while throwing a grenade or placing a claymore.
  • Fixed some collision detection issues that could result from a close encounter.
  • Prevented campaign pop-ups from appearing outside of campaign.

Campaign

• Fixed an issue that could prevent NPCs from getting on the elevator in the Sulaco.
  • NPCs no longer attempt to open doors while being welded.
  • Fixed issue where Raven could sometimes pass through welded door.
  • Implementing a message to warn players that campaign progress will be overwritten if they try to start an offline campaign game from within the co-op campaign UI.
  • Adjusted the distance between players before they're warped to the location of furthest player in co-op.
  • Fixed issue where torch would sometimes appear incorrectly to co-op clients.
  • Fixed issue where difficulty could sometimes become stuck incorrectly after switching modes.
  • Fixed issue where co-op player would not recover properly after being saved from a close encounter.
  • Fixed issue where Russian players could not drop into a co-op match in some missions.
  • Updated late-game close encounter moment to disable player input, which could cause them to become stuck.

Multiplayer

• Resolved issue where campaign Motion Tracker could incorrectly in multiplayer loadouts.
  • Fixed issue where clients would sometimes be invisible after spawning in No Hope in Hadleys.
  • Multiplayer teams are now randomized (parties excluded) if percentage difference in scores is greater than 15%
  • 'Switch Teams' option removed from the Pause menu.
  • Corrected issue where server and client could get out-of-sync when switching out of a power-up while firing.
  • Fixed issue where controller would vibrate during the scores screen if Rage ability was active upon match end.
  • Fixed issue where Cloak ability would not conceal the Lurker when walking or jogging.
  • Corrected bug where clients appeared to spawn outside of world before match start.
  • Removed placeholder text from appearing on scoreboard in certain situations.
  • Improved camera transition when Xeno enters a vent.
  • Fixed issue where Xenomorph HUD could sometimes appear in the wrong color.
  • Fixed issue with Spitter acid sometimes preventing players from deploying a Sentry Turret for a short while.
  • Spitter's "Acid Spray" now originates from the mouth.
  • Escape: Fixed issue where Xenos could spawn in unplayable space.
  • Escape: Fixed issue where Xeno players could lose functionality if warped to next area while in a vent.
  • Escape: Addressed issues where players would spawn with no weapon if they were the last Marine to die in Escape.
  • Escape: Fixed issue where Cat-Like Reflexes ability would not properly complete in an Escape match.
  • Escape: Improved timing and placement of warp locations in Emergency Evac map.

View
112 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

12. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Patched Feb 13, 2013, 10:29 netnerd85

Warskull wrote on Feb 13, 2013, 10:19:
nin wrote on Feb 13, 2013, 09:32:
New Achievement: The Tears Of Pitchford - take to twitter and let Randy know what you think of his game.

Apparently so much of it was outsourced to various other studios it is barely able to be called a Gearbox game. Time gate supposedly did almost all the single player.
All lies apparently, Gearbox made it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Patched Feb 13, 2013, 10:25 Wildone

Did they add the 'make it good' feature yet?! LMAO  

10. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Patched Feb 13, 2013, 10:19 Warskull

nin wrote on Feb 13, 2013, 09:32:
New Achievement: The Tears Of Pitchford - take to twitter and let Randy know what you think of his game.

Apparently so much of it was outsourced to various other studios it is barely able to be called a Gearbox game. Time gate supposedly did almost all the single player.

9. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Patched Feb 13, 2013, 10:18 nin

I'll probably play through the campaign and maybe check out some of the multiplayer, but so far it's not as good as what I had hoped, but not as bad as the internet seems to be making it out to be.

The folks that do like it are mentioning multi is more fun. Sounds like that's the place to be...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

8. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Patched Feb 13, 2013, 10:18 Trevellian

I'm not going to waste my time arguing with anyone here. So I won't be back to respond, have fun hating on a game you probably haven't played.

I just wanted to say I've fully enjoyed the 5 hours me and friends have put into the Coop. I don't know what version of the game reviewers got to play, if they just copy pasted their reviews of the console version to the PC out of laziness or what. I haven't run into the issues of AI being incredibly stupid or getting stuck on things at all. Of course, we're also not playing on pussy girl retarded reviewer difficulty, we're playing on Ultimate Badass.

Because of this I can no longer take any review for this game seriously as long as I see a HUD on their screenshots/video. If they have a HUD, they're playing on pussy girl easy reviewer difficulty to blow through the game as fast as possible.

Ultimate Badass mode has no health indicator, no armor indicator, no on screen ammo counters (Except for the digital readout for each clip on the side of the Rifle), no on screen radar unless you pull out your scanner manually, this is the way the game was meant to be played IMHO.

I have not had any issues with the game being boring, in fact I'm pretty sure there were quite a few shrieks going across our Teamspeak last night during coop. The game atmospherically keeps the Aliens feel.

To Summarize:
It's not the best game ever, but it certainly deserves better than what it's being given by review sites that are looking for Call of Duty in Space and have no appreciation for the Aliens IP. In fact I am sure half of the reviewers who review it are to young to have even grown up with Aliens enough to even understand what the atmosphere should be like, and if they're playing on anything other than Ultimate Badass they're doing it wrong.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Tahyang in ArcheAge

7. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Patched Feb 13, 2013, 10:12 Krakn3dfx

So I pre-ordered this game for $35. I'm like 2-3 hours into it at this point, I'm not actively hating on like most, I can see the good in there, it's just really disappointing how non-existent the alien AI stuff is. Instead of lurking in the darkness, jumping out or whipping at you from the ceiling, they hop down, jog over to you and attack, or run behind a desk and take cover. It's basically the equivalent of a man in an alien costume.

I'll probably play through the campaign and maybe check out some of the multiplayer, but so far it's not as good as what I had hoped, but not as bad as the internet seems to be making it out to be.

6. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Patched Feb 13, 2013, 10:11 Pineapple Ferguson

And that's why you don't preorder games!
-J. Walter Weatherman

5. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Patched Feb 13, 2013, 10:10 Techie714

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 13, 2013, 09:27:
No amount of patches is gonna fix this trainwreck.. worst game of the year?

Yea, I've heard the game is awful...I mean just look at all the shit this first patch fixes...

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

4. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Patched Feb 13, 2013, 09:36 Ravor

I was going to pre-order it but I didn't because of all the hype.. It seems like most of the over-hyped games now a days are complete shit.

Glad I listened to my gut feeling! 60$ saved...

3. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Patched Feb 13, 2013, 09:32 Verno

Well this game certainly was...something. A few of my friends say the MP is passably enjoyable at least.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

2. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Patched Feb 13, 2013, 09:32 nin

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

1. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Patched Feb 13, 2013, 09:27 eRe4s3r

No amount of patches is gonna fix this trainwreck.. worst game of the year?  

112 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo