Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Game Reviews

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 14, 2013, 08:42 nin

Fantaz wrote on Feb 14, 2013, 04:06:
So do we blame Sega or Gearbox for releasing this crap?

I vote both. Gearbox for putting out a crappy product and sega for continuing to shit on what could otherwise be an excellent license.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 14, 2013, 04:06 Fantaz

So do we blame Sega or Gearbox for releasing this crap?  

20. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 13, 2013, 08:58 nin

damn, I do feel bad for the devs though, they seemed to love their game very much, I'm sure some of them are going to take this a little hard...but holy shit, did anyone not see this crap in Q and A?

They had to know this was coming. If they didn't, they were way to close to the project, and needed to step outside for some air.

19. Re: Game Reviews Feb 13, 2013, 07:26 Redmask

Rage was a big let down.

The new DMC game was good.

18. Re: Game Reviews Feb 13, 2013, 06:44 netnerd85

DNF, RAGE were awesome though

DmC Devil May Cry was my last hyped game, that was great fun. Worked great, looked amazing on the PC.

The problem is hype. It's just not working any more. Look at DNF and RAGE. DNF was nothing new or special, it was just a Duke game which for me was the pull. RAGE had so many technical issues it burned people hard, some people thought it was an open world game which it clearly wasn't.

Hype and marketing can kill a good game. NOT saying that Aliens is a good game... haven't played it yet, will have to wait until it drops to $5 now lol

17. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 13, 2013, 06:29 Rigs

That's what I don't get, Bats. What's happening to this industry? I said the other day that all the recent franchises have faltered. Why? Why is it so hard to put all the pieces together anymore, especially in a Triple-A, multi-million dollar title? You'd think it would be a given, but no. It boggles my mind when I read all the reviews for the games that people were 'sure' would make it and...they didn't. Mass Effect 3, Diablo 3, SWTOR, DNF, Rage, Dead Space 3, COD, MOH, now this...WTF is going on?!?

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

16. Re: Game Reviews Feb 13, 2013, 06:24 xXBatmanXx

Looks like I dodged another Brink bullet - pretty hard to buy games day 1 these days....  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

15. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 13, 2013, 05:06 Rigs

God some of these reviews are as painful to read as the ones for WarZ...are there any more?

Like nin said before, everyone loves a good trainwreck...damn, I do feel bad for the devs though, they seemed to love their game very much, I'm sure some of them are going to take this a little hard...but holy shit, did anyone not see this crap in Q and A? Was there even a Q&A anyway? I always thought that xenomorphs 'saw' by some kind of mix of sonar, radar and sound, and maybe some kind of smell or taste organ. I've never seen a xenomorph with eyes, as we would call them...so this whole 'locating by sound' thing is just stupid in the extreme, they already do that!

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

14. Re: Game Reviews Feb 12, 2013, 16:41 LittleMe

Cutter wrote on Feb 12, 2013, 13:30:
Aliens: Shit Sandwich.

They can't print that!

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

13. Re: Game Reviews Feb 12, 2013, 14:34 Beamer

Verno wrote on Feb 12, 2013, 14:20:
Quboid wrote on Feb 12, 2013, 14:05:
Thanks Verno & nin. Is there any reason why they'd be blind or is it just that shitty?

The weird thing is that I don't ever recall Xenomorphs having eyes at all. Seriously think back to the movies for a minute, queens, babies, facehuggers, everything, no visible eyes. I can't think of a reason why they would all of a sudden act like giant zombie retards in a sewer. I'm sure as hell not playing the game to find out

You can see eye sockets in the first movie, and on the weird one in the fourth. Whether there are eyes in them is never explained that I know of.

See here.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

12. Re: Game Reviews Feb 12, 2013, 14:20 Verno

Quboid wrote on Feb 12, 2013, 14:05:
Thanks Verno & nin. Is there any reason why they'd be blind or is it just that shitty?

The weird thing is that I don't ever recall Xenomorphs having eyes at all. Seriously think back to the movies for a minute, queens, babies, facehuggers, everything, no visible eyes. I can't think of a reason why they would all of a sudden act like giant zombie retards in a sewer. I'm sure as hell not playing the game to find out

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

11. Re: Game Reviews Feb 12, 2013, 14:08 nin

Air-con ducts?

Those were in the Jaguar AvP!

10. Re: Game Reviews Feb 12, 2013, 14:05 Quboid

Verno wrote on Feb 12, 2013, 13:42:
Quboid wrote on Feb 12, 2013, 13:28:
nin wrote on Feb 12, 2013, 09:24:
I'll just leave this here.

What is that? I can't even process in what way that's terrible. Is it the awkward animation? The late-90's FPS art direction? Or is there supposed to be some semblance of intelligence which is supposed to recognise the player?

The game apparently has a sewer section (seriously welcome to the 90s) that has some xenomorphs which only detect the player based on sound. They also apparently shamble around like zombies. It's pretty much indefensible.

Thanks Verno & nin. Is there any reason why they'd be blind or is it just that shitty? It's seriously damning that I couldn't even figure out which of the terrible aspects was being highlighted in one short clip.

Any other gameplay innovations? Crates? Exploding barrels? Air-con ducts?

- Quboid

9. Re: Game Reviews Feb 12, 2013, 13:45 Frags4Fun

I read the Destructoid review and it read almost exactly like some comments that were posted here a few days ago. /sigh

I had little hope for this game and refused to ever get excited about it. It's been one bad Aliens game after another. It's been way too long since we have seen a good one.

8. Re: Game Reviews Feb 12, 2013, 13:42 Verno

Quboid wrote on Feb 12, 2013, 13:28:

What is that? I can't even process in what way that's terrible. Is it the awkward animation? The late-90's FPS art direction? Or is there supposed to be some semblance of intelligence which is supposed to recognise the player?

The game apparently has a sewer section (seriously welcome to the 90s) that has some xenomorphs which only detect the player based on sound. They also apparently shamble around like zombies. It's pretty much indefensible.

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

7. Re: Game Reviews Feb 12, 2013, 13:39 nin

Or is there supposed to be some semblance of intelligence which is supposed to recognise the player?

Ding ding ding!

6. Re: Game Reviews Feb 12, 2013, 13:30 Cutter

The review for Aliens: Colonial Marines was simple a three word review...Aliens: Shit Sandwich.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

5. Re: Game Reviews Feb 12, 2013, 13:28 Quboid

- Quboid

4. Re: Game Reviews Feb 12, 2013, 09:54 Beamer

InBlack wrote on Feb 12, 2013, 09:51:
LoL @ that IGN review. Spineless assholes...

They gave it a 4.5 on 360 and PS3.
The Guardian gave it a 3.5/5, and some other site I saw was close. Apparently both of them loved the multiplayer. I think they never played the original, so playing as an alien was novel and well done for them.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

3. Re: Game Reviews Feb 12, 2013, 09:51 InBlack

LoL @ that IGN review. Spineless assholes...  

I have a nifty blue line!

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo