Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Happy birthday Abe Lincoln. Did you know the birthday of the 16th U.S. president has never been a federal holiday?

Federal Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: NYC Mafiosi.
Stories: 'Walking Dead' record broken with midseason return.
Meanwhile, in Brazil, spiders have taken over an entire town. Thanks brother19.
Student got a C+ and now seeks $1.3 million in lawsuit. Wanted a visual C++.
Media: Pixar's Monsters University is in session with its first full trailer. Thanks nin.
Corvette vs. Attack Copter Deathmatch. Thanks nin.
The Funnies: ActionTrip Comic Strip: Dead Space Survival Horror.
Follow-up: Chinese New Year.

View
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

6. Brazilian Spider Town Feb 12, 2013, 11:14 Creston

Ho...ly... Fuck.

I would call the army once a minute until they finally showed up with some fucking flamethrowers to wipe all those fucking creepy bastards out...

As for the Walking Dead, yay, you guys finally decided to start making a show? Too bad I got too bored of your bullshit melodrama in season 2 and can't be arsed to turn it back on.

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 12, 2013, 10:36 Verno

netnerd85 wrote on Feb 12, 2013, 09:55:
Verno wrote on Feb 12, 2013, 09:49:
This is the first time I feel like it's actually earning some of its success.
I disagree, I think has all been good. Season/series 2 was character building.

I'm surprised, you're the first person I've heard say that. To me season 2 was budget cutting, not character building. There was so much conflicting characterization as they struggled to wring plots out of the farm to keep people interested. Characters waffled on absolutely everything too which was maddening at times. S2 also had some of the weakest plotlines, many awful ones, some simply dropped or forgotten. Spoilered specific lols below for those that are catching up on dvd or whatever.

Shane and Andrea, Andrea and Lori's weirdo feminism debate, Daryll and Carols weird funky sexual tension/mother dynamic and etc. The group forgets its humanity, then it doesn't, then it does again. Hershels absurd adherence to old world ideas and values yet hes modern in every other aspect. Zombie well. Carl in the swamp. Dead girl in the barn. Also the fucking barn itself. Dales pointless death since no one bothered to fortify a flatland where you can see for miles. Just strange shit in that season, you can tell they had no clear direction.

its way better than the last season, almost as brutal as the earliest episodes, what with the rough doggiestyle in between zombie smashing

but i think they could push the main character deaths even more.. keep a nice rotation going so you really get the sense that anyone could bite it at any point - its almost there now but it could be more

I agree and I think it's heading that direction, AMC doesn't like the stars getting comfortable and wanting pay increases, its apparently a shitty set to work on. At least the show is firing on all cylinders now, I have no complaints with this season, it exceeds the promise shown in the pilot.

This comment was edited on Feb 12, 2013, 10:46.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 12, 2013, 10:29 Orphic Resonance

This season is shaping up really well which is nice because the show was really hit and miss in the past. This is the first time I feel like it's actually earning some of its success, the writing has improved significantly.

its way better than the last season, almost as brutal as the earliest episodes, what with the rough doggiestyle in between zombie smashing

but i think they could push the main character deaths even more.. keep a nice rotation going so you really get the sense that anyone could bite it at any point - its almost there now but it could be more

3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 12, 2013, 10:23 Cutter

Wow, what a cunt. And that bitch wonders why she's not qualified to be a counselor. Total spoiled brat.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

2. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 12, 2013, 09:55 netnerd85

This is the first time I feel like it's actually earning some of its success.
I disagree, I think has all been good. Season/series 2 was character building.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 12, 2013, 09:49 Verno

The Walking Dead is such a strange TV phenomenon, it's getting the kind of ratings on cable that a moderately successful network TV garners. More importantly it's a juggernaut in the 18-49 demo and attracts non-typical viewers somehow. The uptight religious HR chick here posted it on her feed the other night and I just sort of shook my head. It's kind of mind boggling considering how shitty the second season was. I guess the show runners really do understand the mind of the masses who wanted that sort of stationary character melodrama, it apparently attracted female viewers in droves.

This season is shaping up really well which is nice because the show was really hit and miss in the past. This is the first time I feel like it's actually earning some of its success, the writing has improved significantly.

This comment was edited on Feb 12, 2013, 09:54.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo