Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Tomb Raider Trailer

This trailer offers almost 11 minutes of gameplay from the upcoming Tomb Raider reboot, showing combat, exploration, and environments featuring the new more anatomically correct Lara Croft. The clip is accompanied by narration from Noah Hughes, as the creative director on the upcoming action/adventure reboot walks us through what we're seeing.

View
29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

9. Re: More Big Picture Details Feb 12, 2013, 00:37 Bradley

Does anyone actually like Quick Time Events?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: More Big Picture Details Feb 11, 2013, 23:28 Jerykk

So much focus on combat. The TR series has always been known for platforming and puzzles, not combat, so why is this one focusing on combat and dumbing down the platforming and puzzle-solving? Oh, right, gotta appeal to the CoD demographic.

I'm hoping the game sells poorly so that Square and CD reassess this new direction.

Also, there doesn't appear to be any correlation between gameplay and story. Lara is supposed to be inexperienced, yet she runs around murdering hardened killers left and right. It would have made much more sense to go the survival-horror route instead of the CoD route if they wanted to emphasize Lara's vulnerability. In fact, the early concept art seemed to suggest that they were heading in that direction but at some point, Square likely intervened and demanded a more action-oriented approach.

This comment was edited on Feb 11, 2013, 23:34.

7. Re: More Big Picture Details Feb 11, 2013, 22:38 Overon

How much damage can a person suffer. It seems to me like the devs like inflict as much trauma as possible.  

6. Re: More Big Picture Details Feb 11, 2013, 21:57 HorrorScope

Can't a girl catch a break?  

5. Re: Tomb Raider Trailer Feb 11, 2013, 21:42 PropheT

I didn't watch much since I don't want to spoil anything, but damn that looks great. It's nice that this is finally coming out soon.  

4. Re: Tomb Raider Trailer Feb 11, 2013, 21:28 Cutter

It's not a 'tomb-er'!

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

3. Re: Tomb Raider Trailer Feb 11, 2013, 21:13 Jivaro

I was a fan of the originals. I even liked the later games. I am a huge fan of the Uncharted games, which this modern reboot really seems to be aspiring to be like. Basically, I can find no reason why I wouldn't like this game. I probably won't have a reason to play it more then one time as once the story is told most of the other game mechanics probably get old really fast....but that has always been the case. Kinda wish they had published a physical copy it for PC though. I like that it is 10 dollars cheaper then the console version, but I would pay the extra to have a physical copy.  

2. Re: Tomb Raider Trailer Feb 11, 2013, 21:03 Xero

CANNOT WAIT for this! I'm not even the biggest Croft fan but this game seriously has me hyped!  

Currently playing: FarCry 4, Max Payne 3, Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, Heroes of the Storm Alpha, Battlefield 3, Outlast, Red Faction Guerrilla

1. Re: Tomb Raider Trailer Feb 11, 2013, 20:47 Fletch

I have 104+ keys, so... meh. Anyhoo, this LC doesn't give me that carrot-cuffing urge like the original did.  

29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo