Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

etc., etc.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: etc., etc. Feb 12, 2013, 04:10 eRe4s3r

That's nothing, on uPlay I have a mess of accounts where my new games are on an account where the email doesn't even exist anymore and old games are on my newer account on gmail address, with no way to transfer them together. Reason being that uPlay logged me, automatically, in my old account and bound the serial to that when I installed the game via external installers.

So yeah, all hail the new age of.. stupid as hell "every publisher for 'emself" digital platforms.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: etc., etc. Feb 12, 2013, 02:12 NKD

PropheT wrote on Feb 11, 2013, 21:50:
TLC and Origin have no redeeming value but come attached to other things you want, sort of like herpes.

Chasing them messy hoes eh?

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

4. Re: etc., etc. Feb 11, 2013, 23:26 jdreyer

I admit I have Origin installed after picking up BF 2142 for $5 a while back. But here's the thing: I had to register with three different emails before the buggy software would accept me. The first two attempts hung the accounts I created and were unrecoverable, so I had to use a different email address. Twice. I wonder how many other hung accounts there are out there. That alone could significantly inflate the numbers.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

3. Re: etc., etc. Feb 11, 2013, 21:50 PropheT

I think of Origin the same way that I think of being a subscriber to TLC because it comes with my cable package. TLC and Origin have no redeeming value but come attached to other things you want, sort of like herpes.

2. Re: etc., etc. Feb 11, 2013, 21:25 nin

Heh.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: etc., etc. Feb 11, 2013, 20:40 Redmask

I had to do a double take but then I read the article and they're included forced registration iOS users which must be a huge number.  

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo