Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Legacy of Kain Returning?

A tweet by supererogatory reveals a new domain registration for WarForNosgoth.com that the internet sleuth says was registered by Square Enix, though the registrar listed is "CSC Corporate Domains." Nosgoth is the setting of the Legacy of Kain games, so this becomes a hint that something new might be brewing for the action/adventure series. The last we heard about Legacy of Kain was a couple of years ago when clues surfaced suggesting Ritual Entertainment was working on a new installment in the series that was cancelled in 2004. Thanks VideoGamer.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Legacy of Kain Returning? Feb 12, 2013, 02:12 NKD

Kain lives in death!

Oh wait.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Legacy of Kain Returning? Feb 11, 2013, 19:46 coldcut

Trevellian wrote on Feb 11, 2013, 10:52:
I loved Darksiders. It was one of my favorite games the year it came out, was a much needed niche filler. I didn't bother with Darksiders 2 though.
Darksiders II is actually pretty great, you should definitely give it a try! I started the game with mixed feelings based on ... what exactly, I can't tell for sure, mediocre reviews? But the game really dragged me in right from the start. Both Darksiders I and II are very good games. Don't let someone tell you otherwise and go play DS2

7. Re: Legacy of Kain Returning? Feb 11, 2013, 15:18 Dr. D. Schreber

Squeenix had a survey on possible names for a new Legacy of Kain (Obsidian Blood, Obsidian Sun, Dead Sun, and Revenant) but this was around the middle of last year.

The spread on like/dislike for different entries in this series has me a little boggled. I can understand holding the first one in high regard, but either a) completely discounting the rest or b) holding Soul Reaver (and it's block puzzles) above the other 3D installments is just weird. Standard gameplay? I don't recall other 3D platformers featuring regular travel to the spirit world for taking advantage of warping terrain, insubstantial water, paused time and abilities that didn't work in the physical world. Although, Defiance really dropped the ball on keeping the spectral realm relevant.

And no hate at all for Blood Omen 2? That was like, the example for how not to handle a sequel that generation. Metal Gear players who never got over Raidan may disagree, but Raidan was at least intentional.

Trevellian wrote on Feb 11, 2013, 10:52:
That being said... No Crystal Dynamics, no interest. They made the Legacy/Soul Reaver series. I doubt anyone else can do it justice.

Kind of funny to think about how CrystalD stole the franchise from Silicon Knights after the first one and didn't use any of their pre-production for the sequel they were planning. There are people who swear to this day that Silicon Knights would've made the rest of the series a bazillion times more awesome, but I just think "Phew, dodged a bullet there" after Too Human and X-Men: Destiny.

Of course, Amy Hennig is long gone from there...

NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES THEY'RE IN MY EYES AARRGRHGHGGAFHGHFGHFG!

6. Re: Legacy of Kain Returning? Feb 11, 2013, 13:21 CrimsonPaw

Part of me says "FUCK YEAH!!!", then the other part of me remembers Legacy of Kain Defiance and the cut/paste shit job they did with the levels and I say "UGH".

If they can go back to either their original LoK or Soul Reaver (still one of my favorites) days I'd be all over it.

~~Crim~~

5. Re: Legacy of Kain Returning? Feb 11, 2013, 13:10 Beelzebud

They should do another top-down RPG like the original game.

4. Re: Legacy of Kain Returning? Feb 11, 2013, 10:52 Trevellian

Verno wrote on Feb 11, 2013, 09:16:
Awesome, loved those games. The original and Soul Reaver were my favorites. I wonder if it could survive in this market where a franchise like Darksiders couldn't, they shared a lot of the same gameplay elements.

I loved Darksiders. It was one of my favorite games the year it came out, was a much needed niche filler. I didn't bother with Darksiders 2 though.

That being said... No Crystal Dynamics, no interest. They made the Legacy/Soul Reaver series. I doubt anyone else can do it justice.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Tahyang in ArcheAge

3. Re: Legacy of Kain Returning? Feb 11, 2013, 10:18 Zyrxil

True, the 3d games didn't have standout gameplay, but they had one of the best plots ever written for a game. I also don't have much hope for that if they make another sequel- Tony Jay is dead, and Amy Henning is working exclusively for another company.  

2. Re: Legacy of Kain Returning? Feb 11, 2013, 09:22 ItBurn

I loved the 2D original. Best Zelda clone ever. I hated the 3D ones. It went the generic 3rd person route. A sequel would obviously be a 3D game, so meh.  

1. Re: Legacy of Kain Returning? Feb 11, 2013, 09:16 Verno

Awesome, loved those games. The original and Soul Reaver were my favorites. I wonder if it could survive in this market where a franchise like Darksiders couldn't, they shared a lot of the same gameplay elements.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo