Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Gatherings & Competitions

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 13, 2013, 21:16 Sepharo

ItBurn wrote on Feb 13, 2013, 09:33:
Sepharo wrote on Feb 12, 2013, 21:26:
ItBurn wrote on Feb 12, 2013, 09:28:
Sepharo wrote on Feb 11, 2013, 21:20:
ItBurn wrote on Feb 11, 2013, 09:26:
I don't like Telltale. I paid for all the walking dead episodes, but I can't play them. It won't continue past episode 2 with my choices! Tons of people have savegame corruption and they do nothing to fix it. I went through the forums and there's no fix for my problem. This is inexcusable. I can't even login to their forums! I log in, it works, but when I post, it says I can't, because I'm not logged in. Nothing works... And of course I never got an answer for my support ticket.

It's something that happens everytime? I know it's an annoying proposition but why not just uninstall the game, delete your saves, and start over?

Hells no. There's no way to skip anything in this game. It would take hours. Why would I want to waste my time like that? It's not like my mind was blown from the first two episodes... They were... OK.

Well considering there's a bunch of choices to make you could at least experience a slightly different play through. You've only played 2 episodes, and you won't have to re-figure out any puzzles (not that they're any challenge anyway). I'd say you're looking at about 4-5 hours right?

I understand your frustration but I would say that it's uncommon for any developer to fix corrupted saves. Typically you just need to start over... Sorry that sucks.

The saves aren't corrupted in my opinion. They simply aren't loaded properly by the game. Some people who had this problem managed to make the game load it properly. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me. Why would I waste my time with this when there are tons of other good/better games out there? Don't answer, it doesn't matter, there's NO WAY I'm replaying it :p

I just figured you wanted to play the other episodes / the game you paid for.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 13, 2013, 09:59 Beamer

There aren't many "better," and definitely no better of this type.

But, given what happened, I don't blame you. Wait for Round 2. Season 2. Whatever they call it. That level of frustration isn't worth repeating.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

9. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 13, 2013, 09:33 ItBurn

Sepharo wrote on Feb 12, 2013, 21:26:
I don't like Telltale. I paid for all the walking dead episodes, but I can't play them. It won't continue past episode 2 with my choices! Tons of people have savegame corruption and they do nothing to fix it. I went through the forums and there's no fix for my problem. This is inexcusable. I can't even login to their forums! I log in, it works, but when I post, it says I can't, because I'm not logged in. Nothing works... And of course I never got an answer for my support ticket.

It's something that happens everytime? I know it's an annoying proposition but why not just uninstall the game, delete your saves, and start over?

Hells no. There's no way to skip anything in this game. It would take hours. Why would I want to waste my time like that? It's not like my mind was blown from the first two episodes... They were... OK.

Well considering there's a bunch of choices to make you could at least experience a slightly different play through. You've only played 2 episodes, and you won't have to re-figure out any puzzles (not that they're any challenge anyway). I'd say you're looking at about 4-5 hours right?

I understand your frustration but I would say that it's uncommon for any developer to fix corrupted saves. Typically you just need to start over... Sorry that sucks.

The saves aren't corrupted in my opinion. They simply aren't loaded properly by the game. Some people who had this problem managed to make the game load it properly. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me. Why would I waste my time with this when there are tons of other good/better games out there? Don't answer, it doesn't matter, there's NO WAY I'm replaying it :p

8. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 12, 2013, 21:26 Sepharo

7. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 12, 2013, 09:28 ItBurn

6. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 11, 2013, 21:20 Sepharo

5. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 11, 2013, 15:11 saluk

Everything good telltale does, they do something bad as well. If they make a decent game, it will have something not great about it. If they make a spectacular game it will have a spectacular technical issue

I had this problem at episode 4 and ended up just playing through with the random choices. It really took me out of the story, although I was able to continue to appreciate the storytelling itself.

4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 11, 2013, 11:47 ItBurn

Rhino wrote on Feb 11, 2013, 11:38:

Could it be the same issue as detailed here? Hopefully so, so that you can continue on with your choices.

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30650&page=5

I already seen all that. It's not my problem and attempting any of these fixes fails.

3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 11, 2013, 11:38 Rhino

Could it be the same issue as detailed here? Hopefully so, so that you can continue on with your choices.

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30650&page=5

2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 11, 2013, 09:41 Verno

Yeah I really like TellTale but this bullshit with them not patching their games is just unacceptable. I know all of the excuses about cert costs but the customer is the one bitten in the end.  

Playing: Dark Souls 2
Watching: Korengal, Legends, Intruders

1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 11, 2013, 09:26 ItBurn

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo