Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Mobilization

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 11, 2013, 18:59 Orphic Resonance

hilarious!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: upper upper higher highest Feb 11, 2013, 18:55 Cutter

Orphic Resonance wrote on Feb 11, 2013, 17:23:
what is "classy" for you?

you seem to have some strong opinions on this

A stripper that wears a T-shirt that says 'Classy Lassy!'

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

20. upper upper higher highest Feb 11, 2013, 17:23 Orphic Resonance

dj LiTh wrote on Feb 11, 2013, 17:01:
While i dont wear a watch all the time, if its a formal gathering, a nice watch goes well with a nice suit. That said, i wouldnt be caught dead wearing an apple watch regardless of its function, it does not have the possibility to ever be a classy accessory.

what is "classy" for you?

you seem to have some strong opinions on this

19. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 11, 2013, 17:01 dj LiTh

While i dont wear a watch all the time, if its a formal gathering, a nice watch goes well with a nice suit. That said, i wouldnt be caught dead wearing an apple watch regardless of its function, it does not have the possibility to ever be a classy accessory.  

18. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 11, 2013, 16:55 Rigs

avianflu wrote on Feb 11, 2013, 12:46:
No one under the age of 30 wears a wristwatch these days.

Bite your tongue, youngin'...

I'm going to be 35 in July and I wear my watch religiously and feel naked without it on! It's been through about 10 different wristbands until I found a nice flexible, easy-to-wash one. The original battery in my watch, I don't know how or what kind of battery it was, but it lasted a good 5 years! Since then I've had to replace the battery every year or two. But I wouldn't even consider leaving the house without it...

=-Rigs-=

'We talked about peace! You didn't want peace. We talked about cooperation! You didn't WANT cooperation. You WANT war! Is that it? You want a war? Well, you've GOT a war!'

17. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 11, 2013, 16:49 Orphic Resonance

its a wearable computer.. not a "watch".. it just has that form factor

its similar to an augmented reality device like the google glasses, but less obtrusive and more stylish (in apple's view).. with no HUD

good comments tho

16. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 11, 2013, 15:55 Verno

I always wear a watch but that's mainly because it goes well with my work clothes. I can't remember the last time someone asked me for the time, used to happen all the time even just 10 years ago.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

15. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 11, 2013, 15:38 Cutter

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 11, 2013, 13:48:
A watch is the only jewelry I've worn for over a decade now. And "jewelry" is a stretch, I've been wearing one these for about that long.

Yeah, I've never worn jewellery but some of my watches do get noticed and complimented by people - which I always found odd. I do have this one Fossil watch that's actual wood and metal which is cool looking and always gets the most comments.

I bought this one at Xmas and it's a great beater watch for work for the price. I also like some of the futuristic LED watches - and actually that site has lots of neato gadgets on it like LED shower heads and stuff too!

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

14. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 11, 2013, 15:29 PHJF

I just bought a Skagen but three days ago, actually. More for looks than functionality. That being said, the last time I wore something possessing no function at all I was in middle school.

And I'm sure Apple is "experimenting" with quite a lot of things. One doesn't get where they are by resting on one's laurels.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

13. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 11, 2013, 14:36 Fibrocyte

The arguments of I do/don't wear watches will need to be re-evaluated when this is released as it's not just a time piece.

If you wear a watch today, do you want to spend X hundred dollars for the new functionality of this device?

If you don't wear a watch today, is the functionality of this device valuable/interesting enough for you to become a watch wearer?

I am personally not very interested in this unless it can do things that my cell phone cannot which seems unlikely.

12. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 11, 2013, 14:03 nin

NegaDeath wrote on Feb 11, 2013, 14:00:
I'm not big on watches other than a fashion thing but I kinda like this idea. We've already offloaded functions previously handled by larger devices to a smartphone, why not offload functions to a watch if technically feasible?

The Pebble looked kinda neat, but I'm not sure how much I'd actually use it (and certainly not at $100+ dollars).

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

11. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 11, 2013, 14:00 NegaDeath

I'm not big on watches other than a fashion thing but I kinda like this idea. We've already offloaded functions previously handled by larger devices to a smartphone, why not offload functions to a watch if technically feasible?  

10. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 11, 2013, 13:48 Mr. Tact

A watch is the only jewelry I've worn for over a decade now. And "jewelry" is a stretch, I've been wearing one these for about that long.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

9. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 11, 2013, 13:47 Beamer

RollinThundr wrote on Feb 11, 2013, 13:36:
Beamer wrote on Feb 11, 2013, 13:32:
You'll take my wristwatch off my cold, dead wrists.

I couldn't imagine sleeping without one. When I wake up in the middle of the night it's useful to know if it's 3am and I have lots of time to sleep or 6am and I don't. It's useful on weekends to know if it's 9am and I have lots of time to sleep or 12pm and I don't.

Being near blind a clock wouldn't work well, as I'd have to put my face damn near in front of it, and it would be a constant light source I don't want, anyway.

Plus, having the time on your wrist is very useful for discretely checking the time when in a meeting or whatever.

Lastly, they're probably the coolest thing you'll wear.

So it's easier to read a small watch rather than a regular digital clock? Is that what you're saying?

My eyes are -5.5. Yes, it's easier reading anything a few inches from my eyes than anything a few feet from my eyes.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

8. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 11, 2013, 13:44 Cutter

nin wrote on Feb 11, 2013, 13:29:

No kidding. I'll be 38 next month, and I've not worn a watch since maybe 16 or 18?

It also depends on A) if you'r not aatched to the hip to your phone - many are not B) What do for a living. Many professions it's impractical to be pulling a phone out when you can just glance at your watch instead. I always wear a watch for work or more formal affairs but don't when I'm just gellin' like a felon.

7. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 11, 2013, 13:36 RollinThundr

Beamer wrote on Feb 11, 2013, 13:32:

I couldn't imagine sleeping without one. When I wake up in the middle of the night it's useful to know if it's 3am and I have lots of time to sleep or 6am and I don't. It's useful on weekends to know if it's 9am and I have lots of time to sleep or 12pm and I don't.

Being near blind a clock wouldn't work well, as I'd have to put my face damn near in front of it, and it would be a constant light source I don't want, anyway.

Plus, having the time on your wrist is very useful for discretely checking the time when in a meeting or whatever.

So it's easier to read a small watch rather than a regular digital clock? Is that what you're saying?

6. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 11, 2013, 13:32 Beamer

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

5. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 11, 2013, 13:31 Verno

Market waiting to be tapped by the right modern device? Who knows.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

4. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 11, 2013, 13:29 nin

No kidding. I'll be 38 next month, and I've not worn a watch since maybe 16 or 18?

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

3. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 11, 2013, 12:46 avianflu

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo