Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Axl Rose's Activision Lawsuit Dismissed

A Los Angeles Superior Court Judge has dismissed what remained of Axl Rose's lawsuit against Activision over Slash and Welcome to the Jungle appearing in Guitar Hero 3, reports The San Marino Tribune. Rose objected to the way this associated Slash with Guns N' Roses, even though Slash played guitar for the band for 11 years, including on that song (most of his comments on the situation were hard to understand). An earlier portion of this suit was dismissed because Rose filed his court papers too late, which may not come as a surprise to fans who waited 15 years for the release of Chinese Democracy. Thanks TheWeaponeer.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Axl Rose's Activision Lawsuit Dismissed Feb 12, 2013, 03:48 InBlack

Isnt everyone? Heheh, no what Im admiting to is constantly being in a band with at least one of them and usually two  

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Axl Rose's Activision Lawsuit Dismissed Feb 11, 2013, 13:53 Mr. Tact

Wait, you are admitting to being an egomaniac, InBlack?  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 11, 2013, 06:42 InBlack

He is just pissed Slash is more respected than he ever will be. Its the typical Ego vs Ego fight that plagues nearly every band ever made. Its just that this is so much more high profile than the five guys in the garage next door.

The band doesnt even have to be successful for this shit to occurr. You have to be pretty batty and talented to play in any kind of meaningful group in any case and chances are good that the lead guitarist and the frontman will headbutt with their egos now and again unless they are one and the same. I say this out of personal experience

I have a nifty blue line!

12. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 10, 2013, 22:03 Rigs

Cut him some slack? Why? I think he gets away with too much as it is...Just because he was good years ago at what he did doesn't excuse his antics later on. IMO, the man's a total douche that let all his 'fame' go to his head in a big way. He acts like he's entitled to be where he is/was and whenever anyone tries to bring him down from Ego Mountain, he has a hissy fit, like this lawsuit...

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

11. Re: Axl Rose's Activision Lawsuit Dismissed Feb 10, 2013, 21:31 Lorcin

for god's sake cut him slack guys - his seriously ginger, of course he has major personality flaws  

10. Re: Axl Rose's Activision Lawsuit Dismissed Feb 10, 2013, 20:13 Hump

An earlier portion of this suit was dismissed because Rose filed his court papers too late, which may not come as a surprise to fans who waited 15 years for the release of Chinese Democracy.

but it was worth EVERY SECOND!!

*places pistol in mouth*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

9. Re: Axl Rose's Activision Lawsuit Dismissed Feb 10, 2013, 16:58 Orphic Resonance

never was a fan of the hairspray cock rock

but dysfunctional bands are almost the norm across all genres... certainly not rare at all

8. Re: Axl Rose's Activision Lawsuit Dismissed Feb 10, 2013, 16:45 Panickd

Given his fucked up childhood and completely irrational personality I am surprised Axl Rose can hold it together long enough to work with anyone. But then the best music in rock bands tends to come from the groups that are so dysfunctional that you wonder how wonder how the hell they got together at all.  

7. Re: Axl Rose's Activision Lawsuit Dismissed Feb 10, 2013, 15:49 Ozmodan

Between Ozzy Osborn or Axl Rose, I don't know if either have any brain cells left from all the drugs they have done.

6. Re: Axl Rose's Activision Lawsuit Dismissed Feb 10, 2013, 15:42 Kosumo

I've been playing GTA:San Andreas, and I'd say his voice work as Tommy 'Nightmare' Smith(?), is the best thing he us done since throwing his toys out the cot and taking over GnR.

It's a shame, I enjoyed Gun n Rose back in the late 80's early 90's.

5. Re: Axl Rose's Activision Lawsuit Dismissed Feb 10, 2013, 15:21 JayDeath

Wow, is he out of money? What a dopey lawsuit!  
Steam: BenRichards

4. Re: Axl Rose's Activision Lawsuit Dismissed Feb 10, 2013, 14:41 Sepharo

nin wrote on Feb 10, 2013, 13:16:
As much as I'm sure it couldn't contain his full ego, I'd love to see an autobiog of what happened to his career. It would be humorous, if nothing else...

I read this book at a friend's place one day when I woke up too early. I had heard of feuding and eccentricities but I didn't realize their ridiculous extent until I read that.

3. Re: Axl Rose's Activision Lawsuit Dismissed Feb 10, 2013, 13:31 Cutter

Nothing lasts forever, even cold November rain.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

2. Re: Axl Rose's Activision Lawsuit Dismissed Feb 10, 2013, 13:16 nin

As much as I'm sure it couldn't contain his full ego, I'd love to see an autobiog of what happened to his career. It would be humorous, if nothing else...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

1. Re: Axl Rose's Activision Lawsuit Dismissed Feb 10, 2013, 13:06 El Pit

Hilarious. I know two Slash solo albums which are pretty good (unlike Chinese Phallocrazy).

This comment was edited on Feb 10, 2013, 13:36.

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo