Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

New Wolfenstein Game?

A clue that a new installment in the Wolfenstein series of supernatural World War II shooters is underway was discovered by Polygon, making a case that the game is in the works at Machinegames, a developer acquired by ZeniMax in 2010. They report a cache of Julian Beeston's website where the composer's résumé lists "ADR Engineer, Production Sound" on a Wolfenstein project in development at Machinegames. They also note that it has already been announced that Machinegames, a Swedish developer formed by vets of Starbreeze, "is working on an unannounced project for ZeniMax publishing subsidiary, Bethesda Softworks, that is being built on id Software's revolutionary id Tech® 5 engine technology." Thanks Gamer's Hell.

View
44 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

24. Re: New Wolfenstein Game? Feb 10, 2013, 01:48 entr0py

Ant wrote on Feb 10, 2013, 01:37:
They should make it like 2D Wolfenstein in FPS. None of the weird powers, zombies, etc.

But surely they should include mecha-hitler.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: New Wolfenstein Game? Feb 10, 2013, 01:37 Ant

They should make it like 2D Wolfenstein in FPS. None of the weird powers, zombies, etc.  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

22. Re: New Wolfenstein Game? Feb 10, 2013, 01:29 ItBurn

RtCW was a great game overall.
The latest Wolfenstein had good concepts, but it was kinda boring.
I don't need more Wolfenstein, so if they're going to make one, they better make it great!

21. Re: New Wolfenstein Game? Feb 9, 2013, 23:59 Cram

Jerykk wrote on Feb 9, 2013, 23:12:
Ratty wrote on Feb 9, 2013, 22:57:
kyleb wrote on Feb 9, 2013, 20:30:
Ratty wrote on Feb 9, 2013, 16:09:
Really loved the first one done by Raven.
Raven only did the most recent Wolf game. The previous one was made my Gray Matter, who previously made Kingpin, Quake II: The Reckoning, and the Redneck Rampage and Cyberia games under the name Xatrix, and later merged with Treyarch.
You're absolutely right. I loved RtCW by Graymatter. The last one by Raven was the one that I thought was consolized crap. Thanks for correcting me. I wonder if I still have the disks. I haven't played it in ages and I'll need something after I do Dragonborn.

You're aware that Skyrim (and every Bethesda game after Morrowind) was designed for console, right? And that the PC versions were ports? Just sayin'. If you're going to hate games with console origins, you should at least be consistent.

LOL

I loved RtCW, and really enjoyed Wolfenstein (2009). So much chaos and destruction in the latest Wolfenstein, lots of secrets and things to do. Bring on more.

20. Re: New Wolfenstein Game? Feb 9, 2013, 23:12 Jerykk

Ratty wrote on Feb 9, 2013, 22:57:
Raven only did the most recent Wolf game. The previous one was made my Gray Matter, who previously made Kingpin, Quake II: The Reckoning, and the Redneck Rampage and Cyberia games under the name Xatrix, and later merged with Treyarch.
You're absolutely right. I loved RtCW by Graymatter. The last one by Raven was the one that I thought was consolized crap. Thanks for correcting me. I wonder if I still have the disks. I haven't played it in ages and I'll need something after I do Dragonborn.

You're aware that Skyrim (and every Bethesda game after Morrowind) was designed for console, right? And that the PC versions were ports? Just sayin'. If you're going to hate games with console origins, you should at least be consistent.

19. Re: New Wolfenstein Game? Feb 9, 2013, 22:57 Ratty

18. Re: New Wolfenstein Game? Feb 9, 2013, 21:55 LaxerFL

Return to Castle Wolfenstein was the BEST multiplayer FPS I ever played. I spent more time playing that online then any other game save Dark Age of Camelot.
I played the single player campaign for about 15 minutes one time and never again. The multiplayer was where it was at! I even got into making maps for the game and that was a lot of fun.
The sound of that mauser firing would make me cringe down in my seat waiting to get sniped from across the map, lol!
I hated Enemy Territory though. Too many changes I didn't agree with. Here's hoping the multiplayer for the new one will be just as good...

17. Re: New Wolfenstein Game? Feb 9, 2013, 21:07 Capitan

All they have to do is an updated version of the multiplayer of RtCW (or ET), then I'm satisfied. Nothing dorky with Vail and such things, just an classic old-school FPS and nothing more. I'm so tired of games today, that don't have the emphasis on skill. You have to depend on what updates of arms you got etc...everything to make newbies don't get bored and leave....

I also hope it may not be a free2play game, as the trend is today. It only destroys the joy.

16. Re: New Wolfenstein Game? Feb 9, 2013, 20:52 Straylight

I've always been convinced that the music and sound effects were half the budget of RTCW - they were phenomenal. Ill always love that score.  

15. Re: New Wolfenstein Game? Feb 9, 2013, 20:30 kyleb

14. Re: New Wolfenstein Game? Feb 9, 2013, 19:47 netnerd85

Cutter wrote on Feb 9, 2013, 18:35:
No, no, it's Wolfensteen.
There wolf, there castle

13. Re: New Wolfenstein Game? Feb 9, 2013, 19:46 DangerDog

Put an updated Enemy Territory multiplayer portion in the box and it would be an instant day one purchase.  

12. Re: New Wolfenstein Game? Feb 9, 2013, 18:35 Jerykk

Not sure why the last Wolfenstein isn't on Steam anymore. Easy revenue stream right there.  

11. Re: New Wolfenstein Game? Feb 9, 2013, 18:35 Cutter

No, no, it's Wolfensteen.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

10. Re: New Wolfenstein Game? Feb 9, 2013, 18:14 Jivaro

I have enjoyed the single player of every Wolfenstein game ever...even that old Castle Wolfenstein game on the Apple IIc. Always skeptical of remakes, but looking forward to it nonetheless.  

9. Re: New Wolfenstein Game? Feb 9, 2013, 17:16 Rosco

PHJF wrote on Feb 9, 2013, 16:22:
nin wrote on Feb 9, 2013, 15:48:
Hope it's better than the last one.

So do I because it was great!

I agree, I had a blast playing the last one, and RtCW as well. I look forward to another installment of the Wolfenstein series!

Consoles are schwag.

8. Re: New Wolfenstein Game? Feb 9, 2013, 16:28 Paketep

Single player was not bad.

Where they really dropped the ball completely was in multiplayer. It was like a raped version of the old enemy territory, and all their promises of post-launch support where carried who knows where by the wind.

Raven lost it there and then.

7. Re: New Wolfenstein Game? Feb 9, 2013, 16:22 PHJF

So do I because it was great!

Steam + PSN: PHJF

6. Re: New Wolfenstein Game? Feb 9, 2013, 16:20 A51Abductee

This is the same Julian Beeston of Nitzer Ebb? Obviously a talented guy has been very busy - had no idea he had such a prolific career in games/music/film/tv.  

5. Re: New Wolfenstein Game? Feb 9, 2013, 16:12 Yosemite Sam

Sure would be nice if they could reproduce the awesomeness that is Return to Castle Wolfenstein. Coming out of that pipe and seeing that German jet taking off is burned into my consciousness, and those paratroopers jumping in later on that level was pretty memorable too!

PSN id PR345, PST - D3, GTA5, Borderlands 2, Grid 2, GTA4, BoS, RDR, GT5, COD WaW, KZ2, RAGE, Dirt2, MC LA, Skate2, LBP, Dead Nation - Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

44 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo