Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Wasteland 2 Trailer

A new Kickstarter update #23 for Wasteland 2 is titled "Without Further Ado...," as it unveils the first gameplay trailer from Wasteland 2, inXile entertainment's upcoming RPG sequel (thanks Techie714 and nin). They provide a very detailed outline of what's in the clip and how it represents the current state of the project. Here's the introductory paragraph:

Without Further Ado... Update #23 Feb. 09, 2013 190 comments We are very proud to provide the first gameplay video of Wasteland 2, which will allow our backers to see how far we've come and how everything is coming together. The usual way of doing things in this industry would see us create a demo specifically for displaying to the press or at game shows, but we're very glad to have been allowed the freedom to create a demo video from an actually playable area, which ensures there's no wasted code. This is a straight video capture of Development Director Chris Keenan playing the game. The only element that is not running in code is the sound effects, as it was faster to do in post, but as you will hear, there is nothing being done audio wise that isn't easily replicated in engine. In fact, we plan to have many more sound effects in the final game than what is heard here.

View
58 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

58. Re: Wasteland 2 Trailer Feb 12, 2013, 14:46 Flo

Looking great, brings back some good memories.  
Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

57. Re: Wasteland 2 Trailer Feb 11, 2013, 06:15 Julio

Youtube > Vimeo anyways. Not sure why they bothered putting it on Vimeo in the first place.  

56. Re: Wasteland 2 Trailer Feb 11, 2013, 01:01 eRe4s3r

Kinda funny that.. Vimeo is pretty known in gamedev circles to be totally insane when it comes to any kind of video + game content. No idea why.. but it does not help their name or popularity.  

55. Re: Wasteland 2 Trailer Feb 10, 2013, 22:56 Dev

It appears that Vimeo removed our Wasteland 2 video demo for being awesome... or some policy about game demos. You can now find it on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9hQWqtxXPU

54. Re: Wasteland 2 Trailer Feb 10, 2013, 17:41 eRe4s3r

TheEmissary wrote on Feb 10, 2013, 16:08:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 10, 2013, 14:49:
Star Citizen is developed with fan input, how would that work with an update a month? ;p

But you can simply toggle the updates off in Kickstarter...

Might have gotten the conversations mixed up but I was mostly referring to the Wasteland 2 kickstarter.

Teaches me to quote whom I reply to.. heh.. I can never remember to do that. The reply was to Flatline (way way to the top of the thread ;p)

53. Re: Wasteland 2 Trailer Feb 10, 2013, 16:08 TheEmissary

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 10, 2013, 14:49:
Star Citizen is developed with fan input, how would that work with an update a month? ;p

Might have gotten the conversations mixed up but I was mostly referring to the Wasteland 2 kickstarter.

52. Re: Wasteland 2 Trailer Feb 10, 2013, 14:49 eRe4s3r

51. Re: Wasteland 2 Trailer Feb 10, 2013, 13:49 TheEmissary

Cutter wrote on Feb 10, 2013, 12:26:
Blackhawk wrote on Feb 10, 2013, 11:28:
Cutter wrote on Feb 9, 2013, 18:38:
I'm happy with what I'm seeing here. I'm down like a clown, Charlie Brown. And gods no! We don't need yet more updates. If anything we need less. I don't need to hear about every single friggin thing that crosses their minds ever day. And I mean that for all the KS' so far.

They made a commitment to us to keep us informed when we became their investors. They have our money. They have a responsibility to show us that they're using it as agreed.

We can ignore those communications if we choose, but in a world with so much dishonesty, I'd rather they over communicate than not communicate at all. After all, we're still setting standards on what we expect from public funding systems.

It wastes precious development time! An update ever 3 months is more than adequate.

It really should be on a consistent monthly basis on the very least. It would be nice to know how things are progressing. If they stayed more in contact with us they wouldn't have to do so many time consuming content drops like the first look video. People are just wanting to know what has changed. A paragraph here or there talking about the direction there is what most people are asking for.

I am sure most of the guys working on the game probably communicate more frequently on twitter and facebook. Compiling the tweets and posts in to update wouldn't take more than a couple minutes beyond what they are already doing.

50. Re: Wasteland 2 Trailer Feb 10, 2013, 13:25 Eirikrautha

Orphic Resonance wrote on Feb 10, 2013, 12:04:
Suckage wrote on Feb 10, 2013, 11:50:
I backed this one as sort of an afterthought. I liked the idea but was unfam-

ima let you finish... but Wasteland is one of the best RPGs of all time!

OK, Kanye... that was actually funny!

49. Re: Wasteland 2 Trailer Feb 10, 2013, 13:01 Creston

Found it. Thanks nin!

Creston

48. Re: Wasteland 2 Trailer Feb 10, 2013, 12:46 nin

Creston wrote on Feb 10, 2013, 12:43:
jacobvandy wrote on Feb 10, 2013, 02:11:
Yes, very awesome video. I'm looking forward to the steady stream of fruit from this Kickstarter tree I've planted...

Creston wrote on Feb 10, 2013, 01:40:
Which reminds me, have the Wasteland 2 guys asked for addresses etc yet for the physical goodies? I don't think the Shadowrun guys have either, and their stuff was supposed to ship already? (the gifts anyway)

My KS page shows I gave them (Wasteland 2) my addy last May.

How do I check that?

Creston

Go to the project page, and scroll down to the reward you picked. Next to it is a "Your Response" button.

Took me awhile to find it, it's not obvious - I kept looking through all my profile options and correspondence.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

47. Re: Wasteland 2 Trailer Feb 10, 2013, 12:43 Creston

jacobvandy wrote on Feb 10, 2013, 02:11:
Yes, very awesome video. I'm looking forward to the steady stream of fruit from this Kickstarter tree I've planted...

Creston wrote on Feb 10, 2013, 01:40:
Which reminds me, have the Wasteland 2 guys asked for addresses etc yet for the physical goodies? I don't think the Shadowrun guys have either, and their stuff was supposed to ship already? (the gifts anyway)

My KS page shows I gave them (Wasteland 2) my addy last May.

How do I check that?

Creston

46. Re: Wasteland 2 Trailer Feb 10, 2013, 12:42 Creston

nin wrote on Feb 10, 2013, 01:42:
It's going to be awesome.

I hope so, as well. I'm pleased we're seeing projects like this, and that KS helps stuff like this happen.

Between this, Project Eternity, and Shadowrun Returns, I think we're going to have a blast!

:-whee-:

Creston

45. Re: Wasteland 2 Trailer Feb 10, 2013, 12:38 Silicon Avatar

They're taking fan input on the game as it's in development. They can't do that as well with one update every 3 months.

Besides, every update is also a marketing tool. You can still put money in and/or change your initial "investment".

44. Re: Wasteland 2 Trailer Feb 10, 2013, 12:26 Cutter

Blackhawk wrote on Feb 10, 2013, 11:28:
I'm happy with what I'm seeing here. I'm down like a clown, Charlie Brown. And gods no! We don't need yet more updates. If anything we need less. I don't need to hear about every single friggin thing that crosses their minds ever day. And I mean that for all the KS' so far.

They made a commitment to us to keep us informed when we became their investors. They have our money. They have a responsibility to show us that they're using it as agreed.

We can ignore those communications if we choose, but in a world with so much dishonesty, I'd rather they over communicate than not communicate at all. After all, we're still setting standards on what we expect from public funding systems.

It wastes precious development time! An update ever 3 months is more than adequate.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

43. Re: Wasteland 2 Trailer Feb 10, 2013, 12:04 Orphic Resonance

Suckage wrote on Feb 10, 2013, 11:50:
I backed this one as sort of an afterthought. I liked the idea but was unfam-

ima let you finish... but Wasteland is one of the best RPGs of all time!

42. Re: Wasteland 2 Trailer Feb 10, 2013, 11:50 Suckage

I backed this one as sort of an afterthought. I liked the idea but was unfamiliar with the original game... but it's quickly turning into my most anticipated release of the year.  

41. Re: Wasteland 2 Trailer Feb 10, 2013, 11:28 Blackhawk

40. Re: Wasteland 2 Trailer Feb 10, 2013, 11:14 Orphic Resonance

Jonjonz wrote on Feb 10, 2013, 08:28:
Ugh, turn based anything, we are not back in the 70's, hello!

goodbye

39. Re: Wasteland 2 Trailer Feb 10, 2013, 10:18 Julio

Glad I backed this one. Going to be a good year for turn based games with this and Age of Wonders 3.

For those who prefer RTS/FPS, there's a gazillion RTS/FPS games out there, buy those instead.

58 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo