Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Consolidation

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 10, 2013, 12:30 jayeffaar

Redmask wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 23:38:
They're just Android APKs, of course they have backward compatibility, that's not a feature.

What does that have to do with guaranteed backward compatibility? We have 3 Android devices in our home, an older tablet, a Galaxy Nexus and a Nexus 7 with tegra, and we run into apps that run on only some of them all the time.

Making sure older games run on newer versions of the Ouya will not happen by itself. Of course, given the open nature of the platform and the simple approval process, it may not happen at all and may be left to individual developers to make it work or not.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 9, 2013, 16:20 Redmask

I'm not concerned, I won't be buying a singular Ouwaya, let alone multiples.  

16. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 9, 2013, 15:50 Jivaro

Beamer wrote on Feb 9, 2013, 15:33:
You guys realize there HAS to be a new Ouya every year, right?

There's a new iPad every year. There's a new Galaxy every year. There are a billion new Android tablets every year. There are new Tegra chips powering these every year.

What do you think Ouya is competing with for games?

This doesn't mean you need to buy the new one every year, just like most people don't buy a new phone or tablet every year. But expect to buy a new one every 2 or 3 years if you want to play the newest games. Just like with your phone or tablet.

Yep.

15. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 9, 2013, 15:33 Beamer

You guys realize there HAS to be a new Ouya every year, right?

There's a new iPad every year. There's a new Galaxy every year. There are a billion new Android tablets every year. There are new Tegra chips powering these every year.

What do you think Ouya is competing with for games?

This doesn't mean you need to buy the new one every year, just like most people don't buy a new phone or tablet every year. But expect to buy a new one every 2 or 3 years if you want to play the newest games. Just like with your phone or tablet.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

14. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 9, 2013, 14:51 nin

deqer wrote on Feb 9, 2013, 14:11:
"There will be a new OUYA every year. "

Just what we fucking wanted! Another company not finishing their homework and thus rushing their shit out the door to make quick buck, then you finish your homework and pitch it as a new model every year? You cunts.

Speaking of homework, I think yours is calling. Your book report on 50 Shades of Grey (or was it the Twilight saga? You pick such kooky shit) isn't going to write itself!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

13. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 9, 2013, 14:11 deqer

"There will be a new OUYA every year. "

Just what we fucking wanted! Another company not finishing their homework and thus rushing their shit out the door to make quick buck, then you finish your homework and pitch it as a new model every year? You cunts.

12. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 9, 2013, 13:20 Redmask

both would be speculation.. just like mine - the difference is that we are in a side-lined, armchair position compared to someone running the company - which makes us less knowledgeable about the company in general, drip-fed CEOs or not

your confusion hinges on your speculation - because if you did understand reality objectively, there would be no question to begin with

If people understood reality objectively they would probably commit suicide. No one is truly objective, we only observe and react to our ingrained selfish behavior and that will always mean a subjective view point. Society is large scale game theory motivated by numbers which we use in a vain attempt to find emotional happiness that will always be fleeting because we're trying to find it like a computer solves a formula.

So..are we done? I was talking about an Android console, not philosophical musings.

11. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 9, 2013, 12:54 Orphic Resonance

Redmask wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 23:38:
She just seems to be confused. Why does she think that's a good thing?

money, the same motivation for all business people

she probably thinks people are more likely to spend 100 at a time rather than 300-400... but thats guesswork, just like your idea that
"People don't want to upgrade a console every year, not a even $99 one"

both would be speculation.. just like mine - the difference is that we are in a side-lined, armchair position compared to someone running the company - which makes us less knowledgeable about the company in general, drip-fed CEOs or not

your confusion hinges on your speculation - because if you did understand reality objectively, there would be no question to begin with

10. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 8, 2013, 23:38 Redmask

Cutter wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 23:29:
The bullshit that comes out of that Ouya's woman mouth. Lol! Even if they could pull it off, it's a fucking environmental nightmare. Apple is already evil enough thanks.

She just seems to be confused. Why does she think that's a good thing? People don't want to upgrade a console every year, not a even $99 one. The rest of the interview is like that too. They're just Android APKs, of course they have backward compatibility, that's not a feature. I think she is one of those CEOs who doesn't actually game and is just sort of drip fed knowledge by other employees.

9. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 8, 2013, 23:29 Cutter

The bullshit that comes out of that Ouya's woman mouth. Lol! Even if they could pull it off, it's a fucking environmental nightmare. Apple is already evil enough thanks.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

8. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 8, 2013, 23:21 NegaDeath

Ahh the Dreamcast. Marvel vs Capcom 2 and Soul Calibur burned up a looot of hours at my place when they came out.  

7. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 8, 2013, 22:38 panbient

Verno wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 21:18:
Skies of Arcadia is great, I just replayed it recently!

I really wanted to like this game back in the day, but when the average load time for combat was longer than the actual battle coupled with how often you ran into hostilities I wrote it off as 'the loading screen game' and I went back to Rush 2049 or Phantasy Star Online.

I also still have my Dreamcast hooked up next to my PS3. Very VERY upset when I recently opened the case for Rush 2049 only to find it empty

Bangai-O and Ikaruga are must plays for anyone who still has the machine.

6. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 8, 2013, 21:33 nin

Soft Cell – “Tainted Love”

I demand Sex Dwarf with keyboard!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

5. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 8, 2013, 21:18 Verno

Skies of Arcadia is great, I just replayed it recently! Hell I didn't love Shenmue but it was pretty cool and unique. Dreamcast had a few great sports games too, NFL2K forced Madden to actually compete again. Power Stone 2 owned, Grandia and ChuChu Rocket were great too. I thought I would hate the controller but it was actually pretty cool.

Fuck that was such a cool system, it deserved to do better. It was one of those systems all about the games and user experience.

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

4. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 8, 2013, 21:12 mag

The Dreamcast was pretty amazing. Crazy Taxi, Sonic Adventure, Soul Reaver, Rez, Bangai-O, Ikaruga, Skies of Arcadia...  

3. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 8, 2013, 21:11 Verno

Dreamcast was great but man piracy hit that shit hard, everyone I knew had figured out cd burners by that point and were using programs like CDRWin (remember that shit?) to burn the games. I know it wasn't the cause of their downfall but man it sure didn't help, I knew more people pirating their stuff than PSX users since the latter required a modchip or special disks.  

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

2. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 8, 2013, 21:07 SirKnight

whoops  

1. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 8, 2013, 21:06 SirKnight

I loved the Dreamcast. There's still a number of games for it I always wanted that I never bought. Time to hit ebay, like I was doing recently for Sega CD games.  

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo