Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced

SEGA announces a Season Pass program for Aliens: Colonial Marines, the first-person shooter from Gearbox Software that's due next week, saying this will offer four upcoming DLC packs for almost 40 percent less than the cost of purchasing them individually. The announcement also includes word on the first DLC release, confirming yesterday's report that this is called Bug Hunt, and is due in March. Here's word:

SAN FRANCISCO & LONDON (February 8, 2013) - SEGA® of America, Inc., SEGA® Europe Ltd., Gearbox Software and Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products announced today a Season Pass promotional program for their highly anticipated release of Aliens™: Colonial Marines on February 12, 2013 worldwide.

Customers who purchase the Season Pass at participating retailers online or in store will receive all four upcoming pieces of downloadable content, which will feature new campaign as well as multiplayer content, for PlayStation®Network, Xbox LIVE® and STEAM for $29.99/£19.99/€29.99/$29.99/2400 Microsoft Points. The Season Pass will give gamers access to all four upcoming packs of DLC, as they become available, at almost 40% savings over the individual purchase of the content.* SEGA, Gearbox Software and Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products are set to announce further details on the content and release dates of the downloadable content soon. Additionally, the companies announced the game’s first post-launch downloadable content. Scheduled for March 2013, Aliens: Colonial Marines’ first additional content pack, “Bug Hunt” will throw players into an all-new multiplayer mode where they have to take on waves of increasingly difficult enemies in three brand new maps based on environments from the ALIENS film.

Aliens: Colonial Marines will bring new levels of bone-chilling suspense and adrenaline-filled action to the renowned franchise, as the authentic addition to the ALIENS franchise canon. The game’s stunning visuals and adrenaline pumping action will deliver a breathtakingly immersive four-player drop-in drop-out cooperative campaign and expansive competitive multiplayer with four different modes (Escape, Survivor, Team Deathmatch and Extermination). Providing an innovative, asymmetrical competitive multiplayer experience, Aliens: Colonial Marines lets players fight in first person as the ultimate badasses – the United States Colonial Marines - or in third person as the universe’s deadliest killers – the Xenomorphs. Plunging into familiar and new environments from the iconic film franchise, players will have to fight the fear and face the true horrors of the ALIENS universe.

Aliens: Colonial Marines will be available in stores across the globe on February 12, 2013 on PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC. A release date for the announced Wii U™ version will be revealed at a later time.

View
78 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

18. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced Feb 8, 2013, 13:53 DangerDog

Creative Assembly is working on an Alien game for SEGA, the only detail that I've read is that it's suppose to be more first Alien movie focused, perhaps 3rd person only - Dead Space with the Alien Franchise.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced Feb 8, 2013, 13:45 DangerDog

Flatline wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 13:19:
I was surprised at the 30 dollar price tag. Highest price yet for a "season pass", and as much as many games these days. I wonder if they've priced themselves too high.

Nope, Call of Duty Black Ops 2 "Season Pass" is $49.99 and I have yet to see it on discount anywhere.

A:CM has already been discounted, picked it up for $30 from getgamesgo yesterday, the season pass for it is around $20 on greenman gaming. If I like the game then I'll pick up the season pass for it, no rush though.

while other games try to emulate the aliens universe you can't beat the real deal when it comes to the atmosphere that James Cameron created.

Rebellion botched the AvP remake, this one at least to me looks like it'll be decent fun.

16. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced Feb 8, 2013, 13:44 KilrathiAce

So I assume this will be a huge hit since SEGA is sure it will be right? Oh and when I mean a "hit" I think of great game not just great sales.  

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

15. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced Feb 8, 2013, 13:36 Mad Max RW

Redmask wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 13:32:
Any chance we'll see that Alien RPG or is that thing done like dinner?

Sega canceled it in favor of AvP3 and A:CM. Both of the surviving games were retooled to be more "casual" because they felt there was a bigger pay off. Obviously that's not working out as planned.

14. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced Feb 8, 2013, 13:32 Redmask

MajorD wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 13:28:
All right, sweethearts, what are you waiting for? Breakfast in bed? Another glorious day in the Corps! A day in the Marine Corps is like a day on the farm. Every meal's a banquet! Every paycheck a fortune! Every formation a parade! I LOVE the Corps!

As for the game.....I was interested in this game when it was first announced, but all their marketing (Announcement videos, gameplay videos, DLC announcements, and now Season Passes) ever since has caused more and more disinterest. I may consider an Amazon ‘bargain bin’ purchase in several months or so…….

That is pretty much where I'm at now too. I'm sure that kid will start screaming that everyone is just being negative and dumping on Gearbox but the truth is that I've been following development for a long time and it just doesn't look that good to me. I was hoping the leaked walkthru videos would turn me around but they had the opposite effect.

It's all good, I won't stick around 'bitching'. I'm working through a large list of games purchased over the past 6 months. Any chance we'll see that Alien RPG or is that thing done like dinner?

13. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced Feb 8, 2013, 13:28 MajorD

All right, sweethearts, what are you waiting for? Breakfast in bed? Another glorious day in the Corps! A day in the Marine Corps is like a day on the farm. Every meal's a banquet! Every paycheck a fortune! Every formation a parade! I LOVE the Corps!

As for the game.....I was interested in this game when it was first announced, but all their marketing (Announcement videos, gameplay videos, DLC announcements, and now Season Passes) ever since has caused more and more disinterest. I may consider an Amazon ‘bargain bin’ purchase in several months or so…….

12. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced Feb 8, 2013, 13:24 Verno

Darks wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 13:14:
Excuse me, but there’s a big difference when people agree and disagree compared to the constant whining and bitching that’s been occurring here. Don’t confuse the facts. And I do believe there are many others here who share that same sentiment.

In no way do I believe the game will be perfect, but some of the constant complaining I’ve read here is beyond the norm. So lets just agree to disagree shall we?

People posting things about the game's flaws isn't bitching just because you say it is.

If you want to agree to disagree, how about you stop thread shitting whenever someone posts an opinion you don't like? You claim to have played the game at E3 so maybe try telling people something positive about it other than "its great, you all suck you stupid whiners blah blah blah".

Also there is no way you get to play the high road card when you came into the thread posting this crap:

Oh gee, another thread for everyone to sit in and bitch about the game.

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

11. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced Feb 8, 2013, 13:20 Mad Max RW

Darks you take it too personally. From all of your posts it appears you feel as if every person critical of A:CM is critical of you. Why is that?  

10. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced Feb 8, 2013, 13:19 Flatline

I was surprised at the 30 dollar price tag. Highest price yet for a "season pass", and as much as many games these days. I wonder if they've priced themselves too high.  

9. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced Feb 8, 2013, 13:17 Jedi Master

Sorry, agreeing to disagree is not allowed on the internet.

Please proceed instead with ad hominem attacks, personal hits below the belt, and irrational rants that have little bearing on the facts.

We now return you to your regularly hostile internet.

8. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced Feb 8, 2013, 13:14 Darks

Verno wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 13:09:
Redmask wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 12:58:
There are a ton of streams out since the console version leaked the other night, people can watch some and judge the quality for themselves. I think the SP looks really mediocre and clunky, I haven't seen any MP videos yet other than the official videos.

Anyone know when the embargo lifts? The critical response to this will be interesting.

Watching isn't the same thing as playing. I do tend to agree about the single player campaign from what I've observed though. I think more than anything else I wonder how this game was so long in development.

Oh gee, another thread for everyone to sit in and bitch about the game

Welcome to the internet where people don't always agree with you. If you just want mindless cheerleading then go to the official forums. Personally I learn a lot more about a game from other users likes and dislikes so I welcome all feedback, good and bad. I'm a lot more likely to buy a game I've heard both the pros and cons on.

Anyways getting back on topic, are the console users all staying off PSN/XBL to avoid a ban or are some people showing the MP off?

Excuse me, but there’s a big difference when people agree and disagree compared to the constant whining and bitching that’s been occurring here. Don’t confuse the facts. And I do believe there are many others here who share that same sentiment.

In no way do I believe the game will be perfect, but some of the constant complaining I’ve read here is beyond the norm. So lets just agree to disagree shall we?

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

7. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced Feb 8, 2013, 13:09 Verno

Redmask wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 12:58:
There are a ton of streams out since the console version leaked the other night, people can watch some and judge the quality for themselves. I think the SP looks really mediocre and clunky, I haven't seen any MP videos yet other than the official videos.

Anyone know when the embargo lifts? The critical response to this will be interesting.

Watching isn't the same thing as playing, you get different feedback from it. Something that looks cheesy while watching in a twitch.tv stream can be very visceral and engrossing if you're actually playing it. That said, I do tend to agree about the single player campaign from what I've observed though.

Oh gee, another thread for everyone to sit in and bitch about the game

Welcome to the internet where people don't always agree with you. If you just want mindless cheerleading then go to the official forums. Personally I learn a lot more about a game from other users likes and dislikes so I welcome all feedback, good and bad. I'm a lot more likely to buy a game I've heard both the pros and cons on. User feedback is especially important on titles where there are no reviews due to release restrictions.

Anyways getting back on topic, are the console users all staying off PSN/XBL to avoid a ban or are some people showing the MP off?

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

6. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced Feb 8, 2013, 12:58 Redmask

5. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced Feb 8, 2013, 12:56 Linksil

I might not like the idea of DLC (every now and then it's done right) But I really don't like the idea of season pass's... and it seems like everyone is doing it now.  
Munching On: Warframe, Final Fantasy 6, Tales of Xallia, Saints Row 4.

4. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced Feb 8, 2013, 12:53 ExGemini

robdot wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 12:51:
Here, i will make the standard bluesnews response and save you all the time, Ok? Here we go.

This game is gonna suck ! I will not buy it ! I hate sega ! I hate gearbox ! Another crappy port ! console gamers are stupid !

Tell us moar!

3. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced Feb 8, 2013, 12:51 robdot

Here, i will make the standard bluesnews response and save you all the time, Ok? Here we go.

This game is gonna suck ! I will not buy it ! I hate sega ! I hate gearbox ! Another crappy port ! console gamers are stupid !

2. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced Feb 8, 2013, 12:51 Darks

Oh gee, another thread for everyone to sit in and bitch about the game.  

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

1. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced Feb 8, 2013, 12:47 ExGemini

Oh well ... we have confermation.
Still not gonna buy it anyway but it seems that DLC and Season Pass are like fashion: once one find the right path, everybody piles on.

78 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo