Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced

SEGA announces a Season Pass program for Aliens: Colonial Marines, the first-person shooter from Gearbox Software that's due next week, saying this will offer four upcoming DLC packs for almost 40 percent less than the cost of purchasing them individually. The announcement also includes word on the first DLC release, confirming yesterday's report that this is called Bug Hunt, and is due in March. Here's word:

SAN FRANCISCO & LONDON (February 8, 2013) - SEGA® of America, Inc., SEGA® Europe Ltd., Gearbox Software and Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products announced today a Season Pass promotional program for their highly anticipated release of Aliens™: Colonial Marines on February 12, 2013 worldwide.

Customers who purchase the Season Pass at participating retailers online or in store will receive all four upcoming pieces of downloadable content, which will feature new campaign as well as multiplayer content, for PlayStation®Network, Xbox LIVE® and STEAM for $29.99/£19.99/€29.99/$29.99/2400 Microsoft Points. The Season Pass will give gamers access to all four upcoming packs of DLC, as they become available, at almost 40% savings over the individual purchase of the content.* SEGA, Gearbox Software and Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products are set to announce further details on the content and release dates of the downloadable content soon. Additionally, the companies announced the game’s first post-launch downloadable content. Scheduled for March 2013, Aliens: Colonial Marines’ first additional content pack, “Bug Hunt” will throw players into an all-new multiplayer mode where they have to take on waves of increasingly difficult enemies in three brand new maps based on environments from the ALIENS film.

Aliens: Colonial Marines will bring new levels of bone-chilling suspense and adrenaline-filled action to the renowned franchise, as the authentic addition to the ALIENS franchise canon. The game’s stunning visuals and adrenaline pumping action will deliver a breathtakingly immersive four-player drop-in drop-out cooperative campaign and expansive competitive multiplayer with four different modes (Escape, Survivor, Team Deathmatch and Extermination). Providing an innovative, asymmetrical competitive multiplayer experience, Aliens: Colonial Marines lets players fight in first person as the ultimate badasses – the United States Colonial Marines - or in third person as the universe’s deadliest killers – the Xenomorphs. Plunging into familiar and new environments from the iconic film franchise, players will have to fight the fear and face the true horrors of the ALIENS universe.

Aliens: Colonial Marines will be available in stores across the globe on February 12, 2013 on PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC. A release date for the announced Wii U™ version will be revealed at a later time.

View
78 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

38. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced Feb 8, 2013, 18:06 DangerDog

I can see the reviews now, 'The scariest bugs in the game are the ones left by the programers'

It's always a problem when you have AI squadmates not to have the game be taken over by them, if they were more efficient then players would complain that they didn't get any chance to kill anything or that the game plays itself and you just watch - and when they don't take down much of anything players complain that they're stupid with bad aim.

Human enemy AI is plagued with the usual problems, go to cover mode when you're still in plain view or stay in cover mode and don't shoot at the player.

Sadly I think the graphics complaints would have been less if they had gone with the extreme lens flare and motion blur that plague most games these days. I appreciate they didn't smear the view with Vaseline.

The music and sound effects are really good, I'm glad that they copied the sound track from Aliens.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

37. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced Feb 8, 2013, 17:50 Verno

Krovven wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 17:30:
I'm clearly still here conversing with you idiots.Just like when irrational minds fill in the blanks on games they haven't played, so they can support their hate towards them. I didn't realise that if I stopped posting for awhile that suddenly means I can no longer return to the promise land that Verno rules over!

I missed you too sweetie. Yes you are, right now in fact. If we're all a bunch of idiots and the community is so awful, what does that make you for sticking around? I don't rule over anything, I have no power here, I just have opinions and post like you. Well not exactly like you, I tend to be a bit more patient and agreeable

People can't, because the game isn't out yet. Nobody has even played multiplayer yet. See now why the incessant whining about a game that nobody has played yet makes so much sense? There can be no rational discussion on how good this game PLAYS (particularly multiplayer), only irrational hatred. Darks isn't even being the opposite, an irrational fanboy. He just wants to wait and see how it plays before passing judgement and is willing to pay for it to find out for himself.

Actually I think you need to click on his name and revisit his posts about the game, he's been pretty irrational for the most part. Trevellian or DangerDog would be a better example in my opinion. Maybe other people want to weigh in based on what they've seen, what's the problem with that? Why do only the positive people get to weigh in on preview material or leaked content? So your liberal misuse of the word hate aside, if they were just saying "FUCK THIS LOOKS AMAZING!!!" that would be alright but since they don't like what they see, that's not? There wasn't a press black out, there's been a lot of material for people to judge. The game has also leaked for consoles by the way, its in the hands of the public now. The big question mark will be the metacritic scores and MP reception.

I mean if the game were a year away from release and they hadn't shown much yet but everyone was dumping on it I could understand people saying "hey guys give it a chance". I think we're a bit past that point though. These aren't professional game reviewers throwing down arbitrary scores without having played it, they're just people saying "hey im not going to buy that because it doesnt look great based on what I see". There's a lot of games where I feel people jump to conclusions (myself included) based on who is involved but people seem to love Aliens and for the most part think Gearbox is okay now so I don't think anyone is just going crazy negative for the sake of it.

This comment was edited on Feb 8, 2013, 17:58.

Playing: Infamous Second Son
Watching: Midsomer Murders, Dominion, The Knick

36. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced Feb 8, 2013, 17:30 Krovven

Verno wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 16:29:
And yet you're still here despite repeated claims that you were moving on because it was so unbearable

Yea, 1 post in 6 months, 2 in 8 months (prior to this)...I'm clearly still here conversing with you idiots. I'm curious as to where these repeated phantom claims are that I was moving on. It's funny how irrational minds can fill in the blanks. Just like when irrational minds fill in the blanks on games they haven't played, so they can support their hate towards them. I didn't realise that if I stopped posting for awhile that suddenly means I can no longer return to the promise land that Verno rules over!

As usual the rest of your post is drivel. Verno presenting, with all his hypocrisy intact, that he is taking the high road and is clearly superior to everyone else.

Nothing stopping people from posting about how great Aliens is and why others are wrong about it for example

People can't, because the game isn't out yet. Nobody has even played multiplayer yet. See now why the incessant whining about a game that nobody has played yet makes so much sense? There can be no rational discussion on how good this game PLAYS (particularly multiplayer), only irrational hatred. Darks isn't even being the opposite, an irrational fanboy. He just wants to wait and see how it plays before passing judgement and is willing to pay for it to find out for himself.

35. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced Feb 8, 2013, 16:29 Verno

Krovven wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 16:15:
Sucks don't it Darks? For pointing out the obvious, that the Blues forums are a community filled with people that just want to hate games and attack the people that like them.

And yet you're still here despite repeated claims that you were moving on because it was so unbearable, so obviously there is value in the community. There is no group collective going on here, just a bunch of people with different opinions who clash on a variety of topics like pretty much everywhere else. I love dumb JRPGs and some console games, I don't go into a hissy fit when people deride them or are negative because everyones got their own taste, plus what does it accomplish?

Rather than getting personally upset and lashing out, people could just engage in the all of the supposedly productive discussion that others are "preventing". Nothing stopping people from posting about how great Aliens is and why others are wrong about it for example. I'd love to hear about its good features and reasons why I should pick it up. So far DangerDog and Trevellian have been the only ones to do something other than stomp their feet and cry about other people not loving up the game.

This comment was edited on Feb 8, 2013, 16:38.

34. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced Feb 8, 2013, 16:21 Mad Max RW

If you want to spoil yourself here's the exciting final battle and ending to the brilliant story: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMLJ-JJBvn4  

33. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced Feb 8, 2013, 16:15 Krovven

Jivaro wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 15:27:
You have a point about unnecessary negativity, but your comments only contribute to it and foster the environment you are so vocally protesting against. You have an ignore list, use it or abandon the site. The hypocrisy in your posts is tiring and counter-productive.

Sucks don't it Darks? For pointing out the obvious, that the Blues forums are a community filled with people that just want to hate games and attack the people that like them. Being attacked for merely liking a game that the inbred heathens here hate, simply based on a few trailers they've seen. They've bitched about plenty of other games, but Aliens is the whipping boy this month. Don't worry, it will pass. In March Heart of the Swarm is due and the locusts will swarm to hate that one too.

And now Jivaro, stating your comments only contribute to the problems in this thread and you best be on your way. They don't want to hear an opposing opinion that might have some rationality behind it. Either fall in line with the pitchforks and chanting or get the fuck out.

32. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced Feb 8, 2013, 16:10 Wildone

HOLD UP!!!!HOLD UP!!!!HOLD UP!!!!HOLD UP!!!!HOLD UP!!!!HOLD UP!!!!HOLD UP!!!!HOLD UP!!!!!!! IS THE GAME...ANY GOOD>!>!>!>!???? LMAO  

31. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced Feb 8, 2013, 15:38 Yosemite Sam

Well watched some of that long vid posted last night and it's much better then whats been shown so far but the aliens still seem off to me. The green splatter effects really suck and the aliens NOT getting blown to pieces is lame... and melee attacks? really? that's so CoDish. Not really liking the L4D2 extra alien types either, and the levels seem really cramped... definitely not a day one purchase, but I'll keep an eye on it.

PSN id PR345, PST - D3, GTA5, Borderlands 2, Grid 2, GTA4, BoS, RDR, GT5, COD WaW, KZ2, RAGE, Dirt2, MC LA, Skate2, LBP, Dead Nation - Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

30. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced Feb 8, 2013, 15:27 Jivaro

Yeah, sorry Darks, but gonna have to throw you on "that" list with a certain POE fan. Don't worry, I am sure you aren't going to lose sleep over that fact.

You have a point about unnecessary negativity, but your comments only contribute to it and foster the environment you are so vocally protesting against. You have an ignore list, use it or abandon the site. The hypocrisy in your posts is tiring and counter-productive.

29. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced Feb 8, 2013, 15:20 Fletch

Darks wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 13:14:
Excuse me, but there’s a big difference when people agree and disagree compared to the constant whining and bitching that’s been occurring here. Don’t confuse the facts. And I do believe there are many others here who share that same sentiment.

In no way do I believe the game will be perfect, but some of the constant complaining I’ve read here is beyond the norm. So lets just agree to disagree shall we?

JFC, you have become quite the fanboy troll. Tired of looking at your stupid comments. If you don't like complaints, head over to the official forums like Verno suggested and join in the console-kiddie circle-jerk there. Thank FSM I won't be seeing your inane blather any more, as you are now just the third numbnut I've added to my PLONK! list in eleven and a half years here. Bye.

28. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced Feb 8, 2013, 15:09 Redmask

Mad Max RW wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 13:36:
Redmask wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 13:32:
Any chance we'll see that Alien RPG or is that thing done like dinner?

Sega canceled it in favor of AvP3 and A:CM. Both of the surviving games were retooled to be more "casual" because they felt there was a bigger pay off. Obviously that's not working out as planned.

That sucks, oh well thanks for the info. Too bad they didn't stick with it, it sounded like a neat idea.

27. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced Feb 8, 2013, 15:01 SpectralMeat

What I don't get is what's this bickering is really good for?
What if some people doesn't like the games I like? I couldn't care less.

Regarding Aliens: Colonial Marines, I did not see a single reason to get this game, but if someone is a fan of the franchise or had a chance to play the preview and really liked it, by all means buy it and enjoy it. Won't change a thing for me one way or another.

If after the game is out and I will hear a lot of positive feedback from people playing it I will take another look, but until then, best of luck for them with the release.

Steam: SpectralMeat

26. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced Feb 8, 2013, 14:54 Slashman

Verno wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 14:45:
Darks wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 14:20:
If the fucking shoe fits than wear it, got it Veron? I post what I did because of the same shit like this. Got it??

The internet tough guy routine just makes you look silly Derks Glasses2

I honestly don't get it. There have been a million other games that people on Blues have said they hated before they launched. What makes this one so special to Darks?

Some of them have been spot on too. I remember the days of some folks staunchly defending Dragon Age 2. Then it actually came out...

25. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced Feb 8, 2013, 14:45 Verno

If the fucking shoe fits than wear it, got it Veron? I post what I did because of the same shit like this. Got it??

The internet tough guy routine just makes you look silly Derks Glasses2

24. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced Feb 8, 2013, 14:38 Orogogus

Verno wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 13:24:
Excuse me, but there’s a big difference when people agree and disagree compared to the constant whining and bitching that’s been occurring here. Don’t confuse the facts. And I do believe there are many others here who share that same sentiment.

In no way do I believe the game will be perfect, but some of the constant complaining I’ve read here is beyond the norm. So lets just agree to disagree shall we?

People posting things about the game's flaws isn't bitching just because you say it is.

If you want to agree to disagree, how about you stop thread shitting whenever someone posts an opinion you don't like? You claim to have played the game at E3 so maybe try telling people something positive about it other than "its great, you all suck you stupid whiners blah blah blah".

Also there is no way you get to play the high road card when you came into the thread posting this crap:

Oh gee, another thread for everyone to sit in and bitch about the game.

The deqer school of promoting games, I see.

23. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced Feb 8, 2013, 14:31 DangerDog

Jedi Master wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 13:58:
Are you rounding down or something? I see ACM is $38.50 on getgames go, a dollar less on GMG, and the season pass is actually $27 on GMG.

So instead of $50 for both the game and the pass, it's $64.50. Granted when many games are $59.99 for just the game, that's basically $5 for 4 DLCs.

Still, the question remains "will ACM and its 4 DLCs be worth $65, let alone the $77 to preorder both most other ways?"

You can count me amongst those who were going to be preordering back when the game was first shown who are now holding off.

There was a code on getgamesgo "LV-426" that reduced the price, and there's another code on greenmangaming GMG25-T6JV8-1NPBA makes the season pass 20.25

LV-426 code on getgamesgo still works, just checked it - makes the game $30.50 You get the key in email a few minutes after purchase, I've already entered mine and have it preloaded.

So for $50.75 you can have a "complete game" if you want to look at it that way.

This comment was edited on Feb 8, 2013, 14:39.

22. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced Feb 8, 2013, 14:20 Darks

Verno wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 13:24:

People posting things about the game's flaws isn't bitching just because you say it is.

If you want to agree to disagree, how about you stop thread shitting whenever someone posts an opinion you don't like? You claim to have played the game at E3 so maybe try telling people something positive about it other than "its great, you all suck you stupid whiners blah blah blah".

Also there is no way you get to play the high road card when you came into the thread posting this crap:

Oh gee, another thread for everyone to sit in and bitch about the game.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

21. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced Feb 8, 2013, 14:01 nin

Flatline wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 13:19:
I was surprised at the 30 dollar price tag. Highest price yet for a "season pass", and as much as many games these days. I wonder if they've priced themselves too high.

They used the same pricing for the BL2 season pass.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

20. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced Feb 8, 2013, 13:58 Jedi Master

Are you rounding down or something? I see ACM is $38.50 on getgames go, a dollar less on GMG, and the season pass is actually $27 on GMG.

So instead of $50 for both the game and the pass, it's $64.50. Granted when many games are $59.99 for just the game, that's basically $5 for 4 DLCs.

Still, the question remains "will ACM and its 4 DLCs be worth $65, let alone the $77 to preorder both most other ways?"

You can count me amongst those who were going to be preordering back when the game was first shown who are now holding off.

19. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced Feb 8, 2013, 13:58 Mad Max RW

People need to stop dismissing A:CM's "Season Pass" and "DLC milking" and whatever by using the "but COD does the same thing!" argument. COD has a huge established player base where they can get away with pulling that kinda crap. There's tons and tons of people playing it. There hasn't been a popular game in the Aliens franchise since AvP2 almost twelve years ago. So by creating exclusive DLC (especially multiplayer stuff like the Bug Hunt mode) you end up splitting apart an already small player base. Now take into account the lack of dedicated servers making it even harder to find non-laggy games online. It's a mess and so easily avoidable.

Let's be generous and say they follow AvP3 and release server software in a couple months. You still have the problem of a small player base split up by the DLC. So when a server operator sees half the players dropping because they don't own the DLC they have to chose whether to close the server because it's money wasted or not use the extra content. Now you have all these people pissed because they can't play with the stuff they paid for.

78 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo