Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Obsidian Pitching New Star Wars RPG

Obsidian has pitched LucasArts on the prospect of creating another RPG based on Star Wars, following their work on Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II The Sith Lords, a sequel to BioWare's prequel role-playing game. EA's use of The Old Republic setting seems an obstacle to revisiting that setting, but Obsidian CEO Feargus Urquhart tells Rock, Paper, Shotgun: "Theres a lot of different eras in Star Wars, and thats what we would focus on." He goes on to describe the time period they envisioned when they pitched the game to LucasArts. "We pitched a between-Episode III and Episode IV game," he explains. "Because we think that timeframe is super interesting. Its the fall of the Republic, the extermination of the Jedi, its Obi-Wan going off and making sure Luke is OK. You have the Sith, but you have the extermination of all Force users except for very, very few. So it was an interesting time to set a game, and you know, Chris Avellone came up with a really cool story." A complication is that Disney's acquisition of LucasArts took place since that pitch, but Urquhart hopes this is all still in play, expressing confidence in what he calls one of the "top three pitches weve ever come up with," saying LucasArts was very enthusiastic, and that it's "something were still hoping for, even with the Disney/Lucas stuff going on."

View
47 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

7. Re: Obsidian Pitching New Star Wars RPG Feb 8, 2013, 09:59 wtf_man

... and who's going to give me a loan?, Jackhole!, You?
You got an ATM on that Torso Light Bright?
Now get your 7 foot 2 asthmatic ass back here, or I'm going to tell everyone what a whiney bitch you were about padamommay, or panda bear, or whatever the hell her name is!
... Oh Jeeze, he's Cryin'!

The Emperor's Phone Call

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Obsidian Pitching New Star Wars RPG Feb 8, 2013, 09:57 Angrius Maximis

Well its gotta be better than SWTOR so we got that going for us  

5. Re: Obsidian Pitching New Star Wars RPG Feb 8, 2013, 09:53 RollinThundr

If this does end up happening, I hope Fergus gets a respectable length of time for a dev cycle in writing. Kotor2 was great, it's a shame they weren't allowed enough time to finish it properly.  

4. Re: Obsidian Pitching New Star Wars RPG Feb 8, 2013, 09:49 Shineyguy

Problem with what he wants to do is that it takes place in the same time frame that Force Unleashed does.

Be tough to fit it in with all that I would think, but it's possible. Hope it comes to fruition.

3. Re: Obsidian Pitching New Star Wars RPG Feb 8, 2013, 09:39 Bhruic

It's an odd time to pick. We know what the end result is going to be - no more Jedi (barring Obi-wan and Yoda). We know there's no other Sith. So unless they are going to do non-Force users, they'd be pretty limited in what they could put in. And, frankly, I'd have no interest in a Star Wars RPG where I couldn't wield a lightsaber.  

2. Re: Obsidian Pitching New Star Wars RPG Feb 8, 2013, 09:37 El Pit

Yes, please! GIMME!  
Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

1. Re: Obsidian Pitching New Star Wars RPG Feb 8, 2013, 09:36 InBlack

Obsidian + Star Wars!!!! WIN!

I have a nifty blue line!

47 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo