Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Origin for OS X

Electronic Arts announces an OS X edition of Origin, which is now available for Mac owners through the Download Origin Page. Word is this features dual-platform Windows/OS X support like their competitor Steam added a few years back:

But Origin for Mac will offer additional value to gamers who play on both PC and Mac devices: dual-platform play for select EA titles. With dual-platform play, gamers will buy a game once and be able to download it for both PC and Mac (if the game is available for both platforms). After purchasing the game via Origin on one platform, as soon as a player logs into their other device, the game will appear ready for download in the Origin “My Games” tab.

“Our vision with Origin is to connect your gaming universe online, and today we’re taking a major step in expanding our service to reach Mac-based gamers worldwide,” said Michael Blank, Vice President of Production for Origin at EA. “In delivering great game content, connecting the Origin service across PC, Mac and iOS devices, and offering great value to gamers with dual-platform play on select EA titles, Origin is making it easier than ever before for gamers to connect and play anytime, anywhere.”

Origin for Mac launches with a catalogue of hit titles from EA and publishing partners available for immediate purchase and download, including Dragon Age™ 2, Batman: Arkham City, LEGO Harry Potter and The Sims™ 3. In a special launch offer and to celebrate more than a decade of The Sims, players can enjoy huge savings across The Sims 3 franchise on Origin. The Sims anniversary sale gives players a chance to download The Sims 3 base game, plus numerous expansion and stuff packs via the new Origin for Mac application for as little as $10. These ‘simtastic’ savings on Origin are available for a limited time, so players should act fast.

View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

5. Re: Origin for OS X Feb 8, 2013, 12:09 wtf_man

Creston wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 11:12:
Hey, this a good deal. Now people can ignore them on TWO platforms!

Creston

Yup.
I have both platforms and still haven't installed it on Windows!
..and since I don't game on my Mac... it will be even easier to avoid.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Origin for OS X Feb 8, 2013, 11:36 deqer

"Look at me. I have a puny/pathetic problem with Steam, so, I'm just going to my own system, Origin! because I'm EA!"

lulz

3. Re: Origin for OS X Feb 8, 2013, 11:12 Creston

Hey, this a good deal. Now people can ignore them on TWO platforms!

Creston

2. Re: Origin for OS X Feb 8, 2013, 11:06 deqer

because Origin is doing so well, it's time to spread it over to other operating systems now? ... No. But, go ahead anyways, right? It's your Origin product; and it must survive. You have big plans for Origin, don't you? So, nothing will stop you from spreading it, even though the stats clearly show you that people don't like it/want it.

Keep sticking it to them, EA.

"Our vision with Origin is to connect y ..."
Shut up EA. We already know your vision/plan for Origin is. It's greed; plain and simple. Stop feeding is fluffy one-liners.

1. Re: Origin for OS X Feb 8, 2013, 11:01 theyarecomingforyou

Welcome to 2010 EA.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo