Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey Kickstarter

This Kickstarter looks to fund Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey, the upcoming Dreamfall sequel from Red Thread Games (thanks Joystiq), a developer founded by The Longest Journey creator Ragnar Tørnquist, using a license for the adventure series granted by Funcom. The game seeks $850,000 for the project, and they offer a trailer along with the following pitch:

Dreamfall Chapters continues and concludes the gripping story of Zoë Castillo, the Dreamer.

Revisiting familiar locations and characters, and introducing new sights and sounds, new faces, new game mechanics, new thrills and challenges, Dreamfall Chapters takes the player on an emotional, exciting and challenging journey -- from a dystopian cyberpunk future, through the mysterious and dreamlike Storytime, to the magical landscapes of Arcadia.

We aim to recapture the heart and soul of The Longest Journey and to improve on the immersion and game mechanics of Dreamfall in order to bring you a fitting, satisfying and emotional conclusion to the Dreamer Cycle.

• Experience a deep and complex storyline that continues the epic saga of The Longest Journey and concludes the Dreamer Cycle that began with Dreamfall: The Longest Journey
  • Explore a beautiful, rich, detailed, interactive and living world that mixes a cyberpunk vision of the future with magical fantasy, along with a broken and decaying dreamworld
  • Play as three different characters, all on journeys across worlds, through life, and into their own hearts and souls
  • 3D point-and-click interface and engaging puzzle gameplay designed for fans of adventure games

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey Kickstarter Feb 9, 2013, 13:43 fujiJuice

Sho wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 23:11:
You should definitely give Dreamfall another try. I had some trouble getting going with it as well (those controls!), but it gets so, so good as it progresses.

I forget large parts of what happened in TLJ is that going to hinder my enjoyment/understanding at all?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey Kickstarter Feb 9, 2013, 11:38 peteham

Sho wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 23:11:
You should definitely give Dreamfall another try. I had some trouble getting going with it as well (those controls!), but it gets so, so good as it progresses.
Just be prepared for blinding hatred once you reach the tiny handful of combat/stealth sections that they decided to shoe-horn into the game for some unfathomable reason. The fact that it's all over pretty quickly and comprises about 1% of the entire game is the only redeeming part of it...

10. Re: Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey Kickstarter Feb 8, 2013, 23:11 Sho

9. Re: Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey Kickstarter Feb 8, 2013, 23:06 fujiJuice

Loved The Longest Journey, played a little if Dreamfall when it came out but just didn't grab me like TLJ did. I guess I should give it another shot, it is a shame that the 3d models in TLJ did not age well at all.  

8. Re: Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey Kickstarter Feb 8, 2013, 18:15 Sho

They've talked money a little and how they plan to use their budget in the RPS interview btw.  

7. Re: Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey Kickstarter Feb 8, 2013, 18:06 saluk

They are only officially announcing stretch goals after meeting funding goals - which is something I'd like to see more kickstarters do. It feels a little bit disingenuous to ask for x money but then describe how you really need y money.  

6. Re: Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey Kickstarter Feb 8, 2013, 17:44 Sho

They've already confirmed some of the stretch goals on Twitter however - the usual Mac and Linux versions. As a long-time Linux user who's happy about every saved reboot nuisance the latter makes me happy.  

5. Re: Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey Kickstarter Feb 8, 2013, 17:41 Cutter

They'll make it easily. Which is weird they have no stretch goals.  

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

4. Re: Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey Kickstarter Feb 8, 2013, 17:00 Sho

TAKE MY MONEY! *furiously shoveling bills*

Seriously, I'm still amazed to this day by the sheer amount of story in TLJ and especially Dreamfall - there were so many threads, ideas, thoughts and emotions in there, it puts conventional video games to shame, and even most adventure games for that matter. The saga is to this day the only video game product to ever make me cry, too. And Dreamfall had some damn sweet production values at that, I booted it up a few weeks back and it still looks nice.

So I'll forgive the slightly too sugary-cheesy pitch video - if these guys won't deliver, who will ...

3. Re: Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey Kickstarter Feb 8, 2013, 15:41 saluk

About fricking time! I'm a bit annoyed that he couldn't steer Funcom to produce these, like 5 years ago, while they made a bunch of lacking mmorpgs, but at least it's happening.

Anazing how fast this is getting funded!

2. Re: Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey Kickstarter Feb 8, 2013, 11:41 Parallax Abstraction

peteham wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 11:32:
Going to fund the bejeezus out of this one, even though I'm still enraged about Dreamfall's damn cliffhanger-ending.

I am too but they claim this is picking up right where it ended so at least we aren't left hanging. TLJ is still my favourite game of all time. I can't wait for this!

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

1. Re: Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey Kickstarter Feb 8, 2013, 11:32 peteham

Going to fund the bejeezus out of this one, even though I'm still enraged about Dreamfall's damn cliffhanger-ending.  

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo