Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Journey is AIAS Game of the Year

The Academy Of Interactive Arts & Sciences announces the winners of the 16th annual D.I.C.E. Awards, where top honors went to PlayStation 3 exclusive Journey, which won eight awards, including Game of the Year, Outstanding Innovation in Gaming, and Outstanding Achievement in Game Direction (all in spite of apparently nearly going under during the game's development). The game also won Outstanding Achievement in Original Music Composition, which plays into the fact that the game's soundtrack is nominated for a GRAMMY for Best Score Soundtrack for Visual Media (in case this inspires your curiosity, no, the classic rock band Journey never won a GRAMMY). Telltales's The Walking Dead game shambled off with four awards of its own, including Downloadable Game of the Year. Here are some select winners:

Action Game of the Year
Borderlands 2

Outstanding Achievement in Story
The Walking Dead

Downloadable Game of the Year
The Walking Dead

Role-Playing/Massively Multiplayer Game of the Year
Mass Effect 3

Strategy/Simulation Game of the Year
XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Adventure Game of the Year
The Walking Dead

Game of the Year
Journey

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Journey is AIAS Game of the Year Feb 9, 2013, 13:18 jdreyer

mag wrote on Feb 9, 2013, 10:49:
Jonjonz wrote on Feb 9, 2013, 07:20:
Oh the GW2 fanboys must be soo disapointed, not even on the board.

Are there GW2 fanboys? It came out, and then... everyone abruptly shut up about it.

Well, obviously they got addicted and have been too busy playing to do anything else.

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Journey is AIAS Game of the Year Feb 9, 2013, 10:49 mag

Jonjonz wrote on Feb 9, 2013, 07:20:

Are there GW2 fanboys? It came out, and then... everyone abruptly shut up about it.

7. Re: Journey is AIAS Game of the Year Feb 9, 2013, 07:20 Jonjonz

6. Re: Journey is AIAS Game of the Year Feb 8, 2013, 14:17 jdreyer

A solid list, I don't think anyone can deny that those are among the best games released last year (despite the ending of ME3).  

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

5. Re: Journey is AIAS Game of the Year Feb 8, 2013, 13:57 Jivaro

I highly recommend the Walking Dead games for fans of the genre. I am not a dedicated viewer of the tv show, but I liked the games. The last couple in particular are very well written.  

4. Re: Journey is AIAS Game of the Year Feb 8, 2013, 13:48 nin

BL2 - five keys: C3CBT-RC3XW-9WF33-BTJ3T-SB99J

Still need to play The Walking Dead..,caught it on Amazon for $12.50 and used a $5 coupon to take it to $7.50.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

3. Re: Journey is AIAS Game of the Year Feb 8, 2013, 12:59 Cutter

They didn't stop believin'!

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

2. Re: Journey is AIAS Game of the Year Feb 8, 2013, 11:07 Jivaro

While I don't think I would have given it my own personal GOTY, Journey is a great game. I think the whole artsy/hipster attitude that the developers and marketing used while presenting this game to actual customers ended up being a turnoff which is why a great deal of people either never heard of it or assumed they wouldn't like it. The music and sound is incredible, that is for sure.

That said, people who tend to get bored with games that don't have the word "action" in the description should probably steer clear.

20 Minutes of gameplay

This comment was edited on Feb 8, 2013, 11:12.

1. Re: Journey is AIAS Game of the Year Feb 8, 2013, 10:27 Fletch

Never heard of it.  

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo