Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Preview Trailer

Battle.net now offers a second preview trailer from StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm, the upcoming real-time strategy expansion. The clip features community manager Kevin "Cloaken" Johnson outlining some of the features in the new add-on that provide new ways to play, and make the game more approachable to new players.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Preview Trailer Feb 8, 2013, 21:42 Jivaro

Krizzen wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 19:59:
Jivaro wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 11:22:
Does anyone else read descriptions of game trailers and immediately decide to not watch them when words like "developer discusses" are in the description?

Nope. I actually prefer such videos. I'd rather hear a developer describing their thought process (laced with PR, of course) behind some actual features of the game. Game trailers typically give me nothing but extremely short clips slammed back-to-back-to-back and lots of CG that doesn't give me any idea about how the game actually plays.

Anyway, I know I don't speak for the majority, but as a hardcore gamer, the absolute best videos are straight, unaltered gameplay footage. Preferably on PC, max settings, and atleast 1080p.

Oh I totally see your point with regards to some of those "trailers". Just like Hollywood, those trailers are made to sell something or get the customer excited not actually give you something with which to base an informed opinion on. I wasn't really including those "teasers" etc when I was writing that post. Since there are so many of them I probably should have. I mean, we have teasers for teasers now...which is ridiculous.

Sounds like we have the same preference though. Give me a straight 10-20 minute gameplay trailer on the best video settings. I just would prefer it was also without any audio other then what comes from the game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Preview Trailer Feb 8, 2013, 19:59 Krizzen

Jivaro wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 11:22:
Does anyone else read descriptions of game trailers and immediately decide to not watch them when words like "developer discusses" are in the description?

Nope. I actually prefer such videos. I'd rather hear a developer describing their thought process (laced with PR, of course) behind some actual features of the game. Game trailers typically give me nothing but extremely short clips slammed back-to-back-to-back and lots of CG that doesn't give me any idea about how the game actually plays.

Anyway, I know I don't speak for the majority, but as a hardcore gamer, the absolute best videos are straight, unaltered gameplay footage. Preferably on PC, max settings, and atleast 1080p.

8. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Preview Trailer Feb 8, 2013, 19:40 Wallshadows

This is a very satisfying discussion.  

It says on your chart that you're fucked up. Ah, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded.

7. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Preview Trailer Feb 8, 2013, 19:19 jdreyer

Jivaro wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 13:51:
Wallshadows wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 13:32:
What happens next, Jivaro? WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!!

You go home with her and get to 2nd base. Then she says the closed beta that you earned by purchasing the "dinner/movie starter pack" is now over and that to wait for an email detailing how you can guarantee your access to the next closed beta session.

You forgot to mention the one hour time limit on your "closed beta"

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

6. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Preview Trailer Feb 8, 2013, 17:49 Jivaro

Redmask wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 17:03:

You go home with her and get to 2nd base. Then she says the closed beta that you earned by purchasing the "dinner/movie starter pack" is now over and that to wait for an email detailing how you can guarantee your access to the next closed beta session.

I heard a thing on the radio (remember those?) the other day where they said the average cost of a 2 year courtship was $40000.00 between both parties.

I think I'm going to stay at home and play video games for awhile!

LMAO! That is freaking hilarious. I never would have guessed that dating was that cheap.

5. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Preview Trailer Feb 8, 2013, 17:03 Redmask

I heard a thing on the radio (remember those?) the other day where they said the average cost of a 2 year courtship was $40000.00 between both parties.

I think I'm going to stay at home and play video games for awhile!

4. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Preview Trailer Feb 8, 2013, 15:56 Cyanotetyphas

Agreed. Watching the developers mouth breath over oddly chosen footage of their game always gives the impression they don't know what the hell they're doing but they're going to sell it as hard as possible anyway.  

Synthetic Error - Entertainment bloggin http://syntheticerror.wordpress.com/

3. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Preview Trailer Feb 8, 2013, 13:51 Jivaro

2. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Preview Trailer Feb 8, 2013, 13:32 Wallshadows

It says on your chart that you're fucked up. Ah, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded.

1. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Preview Trailer Feb 8, 2013, 11:22 Jivaro

I have a list of reasons, but most of all it comes down to the bullshit factor. "We want you to watch this from this perspective and to appreciate this particular thing so we are going to herd you to that particular point with words." It would be like going out on a blind date and when you get there the woman says "At 11:00PM I am going to ask you to come back to my place. Now, I know this dress makes me look fat now but you have to understand that horizontal stripes are not flattering on women but it was on sale and thus cost effective. Also, right now my breath is terrible, so you can't kiss me until we get back to my place. I will have brushed my teeth by then, I promise."

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo