Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

The storm I mentioned yesterday didn't arrive last night as I thought, as I guess I wasn't up on the latest forecast. The winter storm warning is still in effect, and they say we're looking at 100% chance of snow today and tonight, and we may wake up to as much as two feet of snow tomorrow. We're well stocked here, so we'd have to be snowed in for a good long time before we'd have to choose it out to see which one of us we'd feed to the dogs first. Hopefully it won't come to that. And if you are in the storm track, here's hoping you are safe, warm, and well-provisioned.

Well-Stocked Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Free Rider 3.
Links: Star Wars Bloopers. Thanks nin.
Stories: Horsemeat lasagna recalled in Sweden.
Famed Delacroix canvas defaced at new Louvre.
Media: 321 Fight: Adulthood vs. Childhood.
West People Problems.
Follow-up: Lance Armstrong sued over $12 mln in Tour de France prize money.

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

27. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 9, 2013, 15:10 El Pit

I hope the Blue Tower is withstanding the blizzard (no RMAH for this one, btw). Good luck to everybody caught in the big white mess. Got my fingers crossed for you, guys!  
Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 9, 2013, 09:09 Acleacius

Damn you guys and gals have gone from Blue to WHITE! Keep your toes by the fire and Cognac in your bellies!  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 9, 2013, 00:00 RoboNerd

Cutter wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 13:09:
Tisn't fit for man, nor beast!

For those wondering...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcGfuEZ9dSo

24. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2013, 22:39 sauron

Cutter wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 17:45:
Goddamn it's still coming down like a mofo out there. That's 12 solid hours at this point. Around my place it's a solid foot with drifts over 2ft high in some places. Crazy!

Stay safe. NYC has about 3 inches at this point - figure we are good so long as they fix chains to the back wheels on the buses.

Kittens!

23. Re: Lance Feb 8, 2013, 20:20 Kem!kaL

He can only be sued over the 2009 comeback now- SoL expired after 7 years.

And surprise, surprise, it's the only one he denies doping for.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2013, 17:52 Jivaro

It's sunny and 70 degrees here in Cali. *waves*

21. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2013, 17:45 Cutter

Goddamn it's still coming down like a mofo out there. That's 12 solid hours at this point. Around my place it's a solid foot with drifts over 2ft high in some places. Crazy!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

20. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2013, 17:31 Orphic Resonance

Verno wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 13:35:
I am sitting here snowed in with my girlfriend, we're watching one of her shows Greys Anatomy. I wish I was at work or that I hadn't done all the shoveling this morning

Browsing on my smartphone is the only thing that will get me through today.

edit: oh look, shes got the whole season out on dvd. Great.

yeh i had a gf that used to make me watch that too.. i would download the episodes (i dont have a tv hooked up) - sometimes the audio would go out of sync and shed be like "its all fucked up!" and id be like "oh nooooo" Shakefist

19. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2013, 16:48 xXBatmanXx

Cutter wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 16:16:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 15:23:
Also, bad news for cheese lovers.

More like bad news for poutine lovers. One thing there is no shortage of in Ontario and Quebec is dairy related industry and products.

Yeaaa....here in the US we have Wisconsin and Minnesota - we are good.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

18. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2013, 16:16 Cutter

More like bad news for poutine lovers. One thing there is no shortage of in Ontario and Quebec is dairy related industry and products.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2013, 15:36 Mashiki Amiketo

They'll recover, it happens occasionally that a dairy or cheese maker gets hit by something like this. Bright Cheese House runs along the same lines as they do and recovered from a similar incident, their manufacturing house was burned down to nothing, and recovered just fine.

Oh and let me say...the snow we got, since it's still snowing here in the SWON--just shy of 10" without blowing, probably closer to 18" here in spots with the drifts. Non-official EC reports give ~8" @ 8am, so probably closer to the offical numbers but we'll see.

This comment was edited on Feb 8, 2013, 15:58.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

16. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2013, 15:23 jdreyer

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

15. Lance Feb 8, 2013, 15:18 jdreyer

Lance Armstrong sued over $12 mln in Tour de France prize money.

So I guess the plan will be to pay the prize money to top finisher who didn't dope. "Houston, we have a problem."

From the article:
Due to doping allegations at the time, SCA initially refused to pay Armstrong $5 million in bonus money that Tailwind Sports, the owner of Armstrong's U.S. Postal team, had promised him if he won a sixth Tour title in 2004. Tailwind Sports took out insurance coverage with SCA.
But SCA was ordered to pay up after Armstrong took the company to court, swearing under oath that he was a clean rider who won fairly.

I wonder if he can be charged criminally for lying under oath? Or will the statute of limitations expired for that already?

14. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2013, 15:12 jdreyer

we'd have to be snowed in for a good long time before we'd have to choose it out to see which one of us we'd feed to the dogs first

Glad to see you recognize who the true masters are.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2013, 15:10 jdreyer

Verno wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 13:35:
I am sitting here snowed in with my girlfriend, we're watching one of her shows Greys Anatomy. I wish I was at work or that I hadn't done all the shoveling this morning

I watched a couple seasons of GA with my wife. For a show that she loves and I watch so we can have some QT, it wasn't bad. Soapy and sappy, but well acted and written. And leagues ahead of other stuff like Desperate Housewives. She would get addicted tho, and watch one after another after another.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2013, 14:07 1badmf

haha go and tell her her dvds are out of batteries. chicks will buy anything if you tell them convincingly enough.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2013, 13:52 Creston

InBlack wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 10:20:
this is a delicacy and the animals that do end up on the butchers table are there because they had to be put down for some reason or another.

Poor Barbaro.

Creston

10. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2013, 13:51 Creston

If you're bored for a few hours, this is an awesome video to watch.

Graphical benchmark tools from 2000 - 2013

Be warned, at 1080p, the full video is 5GB.

Creston

9. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2013, 13:35 Verno

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal

8. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2013, 13:09 Cutter

It's snowin like a mofo up here. Started yesterday afternoon and oscillated between hard and soft, but she's been givin' 'er since about 6 this moning. Tisn't fit for man, nor beast!

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo