Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

The storm I mentioned yesterday didn't arrive last night as I thought, as I guess I wasn't up on the latest forecast. The winter storm warning is still in effect, and they say we're looking at 100% chance of snow today and tonight, and we may wake up to as much as two feet of snow tomorrow. We're well stocked here, so we'd have to be snowed in for a good long time before we'd have to choose it out to see which one of us we'd feed to the dogs first. Hopefully it won't come to that. And if you are in the storm track, here's hoping you are safe, warm, and well-provisioned.

Well-Stocked Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Free Rider 3.
Links: Star Wars Bloopers. Thanks nin.
Stories: Horsemeat lasagna recalled in Sweden.
Famed Delacroix canvas defaced at new Louvre.
Media: 321 Fight: Adulthood vs. Childhood.
West People Problems.
Follow-up: Lance Armstrong sued over $12 mln in Tour de France prize money.

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

7. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2013, 11:24 Ratty

Now I'm hungry for lasagna.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2013, 11:01 Orphic Resonance

i prefer long pig  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2013, 10:20 InBlack

Horse meat is very tasty indeed if preprared correctly. Its slightly blander than your standard cow meat, but as a result can work much better with assorted spices and is much easier on the stomach

I eat horsemeat, not regularly but once or twice a year. My dad makes a killer horse "lower-leg" this is basically a pot roast dish and its better than any pork or beef ive tasted.

I should note that horses are not regularly slaughtered for food in my country, this is a delicacy and the animals that do end up on the butchers table are there because they had to be put down for some reason or another.

I have a nifty blue line!

4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2013, 10:10 Alamar

We had about a foot of snow here last night... Don't think I'll be making the trek into work this morning ; )

-Alamar

3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2013, 10:09 RoboNerd

Re: Horsemeat lasagna recalled in Sweden.

While staying with friends of my wife in Switzerland I was unknowingly fed horsemeat for dinner one evening. It was so good I had seconds, my wife told me two days later what it actually was. I have to admit it was pretty tasty. Chef

2. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2013, 09:58 InBlack

Horsemeat lasagna recalled in Sweden. I hope it was recalled and relabeled, and not recalled and destroyed. (Which is 99% certain)

The developed world throws away like 50% of its food anyway. So nothing new to see here....

I have a nifty blue line!

1. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2013, 09:53 PHJF

I don't mind snow and I don't mind rain, but having both at the same time is fuckin shit. Ohio sucks!  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo