Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Aliens: Colonial Marines Contact Trailer - Extended Cut

Gearbox gears up for next week's launch of Aliens: Colonial Marines with a new extended cut version of the contact trailer for the first-person shooter. Word is: "Underlined with a classical piece of cinematic music by Golden Globe nominated composer Clint Mansell, the trailer takes viewers on a vertical ride through the USS Sulaco with US Colonial Marines fighting for their lives against an incoming wave of Xenomorphs."

View
28. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Contact Trailer - Extended Cut Feb 8, 2013, 15:46 Quinn

Darks wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 11:28:
Redmask wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 11:22:
The reason why this game doesn't work is the developers want to make a FPS when that is anathema to what worked in the films. The Aliens were deadly because the humans were at a disadvantage and victim of their own hubris and of greed in general. To make a good Alien game you have to be at a real disadvantage.

In Alien they were trapped on a spaceship where even wounding the alien could literally kill everyone onboard, with no weapons but makeshift flamethrowers and prods, and with the smartest person onboard dedicated to killing them. In Aliens they were crippled (they had to use shotguns and flamethrowers), then they lost all their equipment and had to hole up in enemy territory. In Alien 3 they were on a prison planet with no weapons.

Aliens games want to go "Yo, dude, check it out, you've got a smart gun you can fire with impunity" while ignoring that the marine's firepower being castrated was essential to the atmosphere.

And I said textures, not character models. The texture work is very spotty and this isn't a surprise considering they reused assets from a game initially cancelled in 2001. It might improve as the game goes on and more of Gearbox's work shows.

Ill tell you want Redmask, go find the funding to make your own game, then build it and present it. lets see if you can do a better job since you seem to be an expert.

Redmask hasn't been more right in any other of his posts than this one. I can't agree more with him and it's basically what I've been saying a long time but in a less articulate fashion (I called in Alien zerging, Serious Sam style.. and why that doesn't work).

You, Dark... well, I have little to say to you. You're talking out of your ass so bad, I have to type with one hand because the other is squeezing my nose. You say we don't know what we're talking about because we say the game will suck, while you claim it won't. What kinda source do you have that we don't apart from the try at the E3? Seriously, I wanna know ye lil' zealot.

I stand my ground and say again: Mark my words, this game will suck. It's coming from a gamer with a good intuition regarding game expectations.

We'll see who's premonition has been more accurate in a few days.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Feb 7, 20:49 Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Contact Trailer - Extended Cut Mad Max RW
  4. Feb 7, 21:36  Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Contact Trailer - Extended Cut Shataan
  5. Feb 7, 21:45   Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Contact Trailer - Extended Cut PHJF
  6. Feb 7, 22:03    Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Contact Trailer - Extended Cut fujiJuice
  2. Feb 7, 21:22 Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Contact Trailer - Extended Cut DangerDog
  3. Feb 7, 21:31 Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Contact Trailer - Extended Cut Wallshadows
  11. Feb 7, 23:31  Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Contact Trailer - Extended Cut DangerDog
  12. Feb 8, 01:13   Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Contact Trailer - Extended Cut netnerd85
  7. Feb 7, 22:29 Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Contact Trailer - Extended Cut Redmask
  8. Feb 7, 22:39  Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Contact Trailer - Extended Cut nin
  9. Feb 7, 23:14   Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Contact Trailer - Extended Cut xXBatmanXx
  10. Feb 7, 23:23    Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Contact Trailer - Extended Cut nin
  13. Feb 8, 02:56 Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Contact Trailer - Extended Cut DangerDog
  14. Feb 8, 07:26 Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Contact Trailer - Extended Cut Quinn
  15. Feb 8, 10:26 Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Contact Trailer - Extended Cut Redmask
  16. Feb 8, 10:59  Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Contact Trailer - Extended Cut Beamer
  18. Feb 8, 11:24   Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Contact Trailer - Extended Cut Darks
  27. Feb 8, 12:54  Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Contact Trailer - Extended Cut Ant
  17. Feb 8, 11:22 Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Contact Trailer - Extended Cut Redmask
  19. Feb 8, 11:28  Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Contact Trailer - Extended Cut Darks
  21. Feb 8, 11:37   Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Contact Trailer - Extended Cut Redmask
  22. Feb 8, 11:48    Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Contact Trailer - Extended Cut Mad Max RW
  23. Feb 8, 12:20     Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Contact Trailer - Extended Cut netnerd85
  26. Feb 8, 12:36      Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Contact Trailer - Extended Cut Redmask
  24. Feb 8, 12:23     Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Contact Trailer - Extended Cut Ventura
>> 28. Feb 8, 15:46   Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Contact Trailer - Extended Cut Quinn
  20. Feb 8, 11:31 Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Contact Trailer - Extended Cut Redmask
  25. Feb 8, 12:28 Not bad. Ant

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo