Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Aliens: Colonial Marines Contact Trailer - Extended Cut

Gearbox gears up for next week's launch of Aliens: Colonial Marines with a new extended cut version of the contact trailer for the first-person shooter. Word is: "Underlined with a classical piece of cinematic music by Golden Globe nominated composer Clint Mansell, the trailer takes viewers on a vertical ride through the USS Sulaco with US Colonial Marines fighting for their lives against an incoming wave of Xenomorphs."

View
28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

8. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Contact Trailer - Extended Cut Feb 7, 2013, 22:39 nin

Redmask wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 22:29:
I just can't get excited about this game, I love the universe but it looks like a generic derivative of everything that came before it. I keep wanting them to convince me but every piece of media tells me to bargain bin this.

That's an excellent summary of where I'm at, too.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Contact Trailer - Extended Cut Feb 7, 2013, 22:29 Redmask

I just can't get excited about this game, I love the universe but it looks like a generic derivative of everything that came before it. I keep wanting them to convince me but every piece of media tells me to bargain bin this.  

6. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Contact Trailer - Extended Cut Feb 7, 2013, 22:03 fujiJuice

PHJF wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 21:45:
Disgrace to an awesome piece of music from an awesome movie.

Agree, in my opinion it didn't really fit with the visuals either, even though I am a big fan of his work.

5. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Contact Trailer - Extended Cut Feb 7, 2013, 21:45 PHJF

Disgrace to an awesome piece of music from an awesome movie.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

4. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Contact Trailer - Extended Cut Feb 7, 2013, 21:36 Shataan

I have seen more than enough to know that GearBox had better have 1 freaking whopper of a Day 1 Patch update instore for us. I think the game needs some new A.I. Coder, or another years developement. ;p  

3. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Contact Trailer - Extended Cut Feb 7, 2013, 21:31 Wallshadows

I'm more worried about the voice acting and whether or not what we heard in the last trailer release is what we should expect in the game. If it happens to be the case, I'll likely mute sounds and just have Aliens play in the background even if the scenes don't match up.  

It says on your chart that you're fucked up. Ah, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded.

2. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Contact Trailer - Extended Cut Feb 7, 2013, 21:22 DangerDog

Yeah, it's not even close to looking that good - maybe if they had used cryengine 3. I'm just crossing my fingers that they at least have an FOV adjustment in the game.  

1. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Contact Trailer - Extended Cut Feb 7, 2013, 20:49 Mad Max RW

Reminds me of the Dead Island trailer from a couple years back. Something that looks really awesome but in no way represents what the game is like. I'd happily pay for a full length CGI movie in this style.  

28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo